ego one clr rebuild resistance changes automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

divyabhatia

Sep 20, 2014
I just rebuilt an ego one clr coil with 4 wraps of 30 gauge kanthal a1 wire.at first when I inserted the coil into my tank and tank into my eleaf the resistance shown was 1.9 ohms but when I inserted the cotton and wet it and filled liquid in the tank the resistance dropped to 1.5 ohms and it rose again to 1.7 ohms as the juice in the tank was vaped.i don't understand what i'm doing wrong and why this is happening.i used a kuro koiler 3mm coiler to make the coil.my aim is to make a 1.8 ohms coil but i'm not getting anywhere near that.I even tried making 5 wraps but then the resistance goes to 3.4 ohms i'm really in a fix please tell me what I am doing wrong.thank you.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
A fresh coil that was never heated, will display a slightly higher number.(dry coi)
As it heats up and cools down, the resistance will change again slightly to the more appropriate number.

This is normal.

But with the huge fluctuation you have ben seeing, it seams something is wrong with either the mod, or the tank or coil isn't fully seated.

I suggest taking it apart, cleaning all contacts, make sure the coil is not "shorting" on the side of the housing, and then put it back together as snug as you can without over tightening it.

Reactions: divyabhatia

divyabhatia

Sep 20, 2014
A fresh coil that was never heated, will display a slightly higher number.(dry coi)
As it heats up and cools down, the resistance will change again slightly to the more appropriate number.

This is normal.

But with the huge fluctuation you have ben seeing, it seams something is wrong with either the mod, or the tank or coil isn't fully seated.

I suggest taking it apart, cleaning all contacts, make sure the coil is not "shorting" on the side of the housing, and then put it back together as snug as you can without over tightening it.

hi thanks for the help how many wraps would I need to get 1.8 ohms?and how can I get it to seat properly the wire seems too thin and tends to rise up as I reassemble it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread