ego twist won't charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jzs007a7

May 4, 2015
I own a EGO twist vv battery and recently it's been refusing to charge. Before I put the battery on the light on my charger shows its working, but about halfway through screwing it on, the light turns off and it stops working. I tried to raise the center piece on both my battery and charger and the same thing kept up. The strange part is, I found if I push the button on my battery while it's plugged in the light on my charger will turn on and it'll start to work until I let go of the button. Any help would be greatly appreciated

KathyJ

May 5, 2015
New York
I own a EGO twist vv battery and recently it's been refusing to charge. Before I put the battery on the light on my charger shows its working, but about halfway through screwing it on, the light turns off and it stops working. I tried to raise the center piece on both my battery and charger and the same thing kept up. The strange part is, I found if I push the button on my battery while it's plugged in the light on my charger will turn on and it'll start to work until I let go of the button. Any help would be greatly appreciated
New charger...or try a Q-Tip and some ISO alcohol in the old one- DONT pull the pin-

Reactions: Baditude

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Often the insides of the charger will disconnect. Take those screws out and re-solder if broke.

You may also be able to put the front of the charger on a piece of sandpaper and sand it down (clean after). If it's simply not making contact.

I used to always plug my charger in to USB then slowly screw the battery on until I saw the red, then stop there.

Personally, those wacky chargers made me move to the Passthrough type with a modern micro plug in the bottom. And, I could leave my topper on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread