El Toro / Cellar Juices Are Driving Me Insane

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBox

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2013
United Kingdom
I'm in a dilemma. I love the new el toro juices I've got so much - the virginia blend, minotaur, reserve and chivalry. Absolutely fantastic luxurious flavours - just what I wanted. However, I'm going through a wick and dry burn every couple of hours and it's driving me insane. I can't put them in the kayfun as changing the wick is too much hassle and I can't really be bothered changing my wick 3 or 4 times a day. I thought I must be doing something wrong but I don't think I am. I'm not exaggerating either.

Why is my wick getting charred in the middle of the coil and a few mm each side of the coil? Do gunked up coils cause burnt wicks for some reason? I'd have thought a gunked up coil would cause a wick less harm as there's a layer of gunk protecting the cotton. When vaping with cotton I never get dry hits and the wick is primed and stays fully saturated so it's not like i'm burning my cotton and having wicking issues.

I'm using a microcoil and cotton on a mech mod with about a 1 ohm coil and VTC5 battery. I've tried thinner cotton wicks, thicker cotton wicks, and silica . I can't get silica to wick right and end up with dry hits and poor flavour all the time so I gave up with that. I love the vape I'm getting with cotton but it just doesn't last long enough. Every time I leave the house you can guarantee my juice will gunk up the coil, my wick will get burned and the juice will do dark and taste horrible. I don't need to worry about running out of battery - I need to worry about dry burning and replacing wicks all the time. I love their juices but i'm not sure if it's worth the hassle.

Does anyone buy el toro flavourings and mix their own to a thinner consistency - would that help?
Does anyone water down their el toro with pg or something?
Would this even help? I hear it's down to the "natural sugars" in the tobacco extracts or something like that.

I really want to keep vaping these juices but I can't be dealing with this. Just vaped something else today and no problems at all with my build all day. I much prefer my el toro stuff though.

jstjoehere

Jun 1, 2014
Wv, usa
I think you may have your own answer here. You used a different juice and didnt have any problems. You might change the pg/vg mix more pg means thinner juice and yeah thinner juices dont seem to gunk things up as bad. Ive also noticed dark juices gunk up quicker. Right now Im vaping root beer float and I just know by morning Ill be replacing a wick lol.

As you increase pg you may notice a difference in vapor production and increase in throat hit.

ModBox

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2013
United Kingdom
It is insane. Not every hour but every 2 or 3 hours I'd say. That's why it's driving me crazy. Just vaping bobas bounty at the moment which is very thick 100% PG and I haven't had any issues with my wick or coil. It's got to be those natural tobacco flavourings rather than the thickness of the juice that is causing it. I guess this leads to the question what juices taste like el toro but don't have this issue - specifically virginia prime, chivalry, minotaur and reserve. I'm guessing there are none that come close. I love them to bits but I can't really deal with this hassle. They would easily be my everyday, all day vape but I can't be doing with so much setup work each day and them causing my atomisers to function so unreliability. It sucks spending ages finding your favourite juices only to have this problem.

I guess if I could find a wicking material that was durable in my Taifun maybe it wouldn't be such a problem as I could easily unscrew and dry burn without replacing the wick. I can't for the life of me seem to get these juices to sick right using silica in my taifun though. Dry hits and poor flavour all the time! Wonder If I should try SS mesh?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread