Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyreffect

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
NC, USA
myworld.ebay.com
I had this problem with some of my CE5 clearos and now it's happening with my EVODs as well, so I'm starting to wonder if there's just something wrong with what I'm doing somehow.

The problem I'm experiencing is liquid leaking onto the ego battery from the center air hole. I just can't make it stop, and this has happened to me with multiple clearos, even after breaking them down and cleaning them. The o-rings look good and I've watched and read plenty fo stuff to educate myself on how the process of refilling should go and what to avoid, but I just can't get rid of this annoying problem. It inevitably ends up frustrating me like hell and practically ruins my day.

I'll pop off the EVOD, clean away any fluid from the battery contact and the under side of the clearo, screw back on and within a few puffs I'm back to gurgling and more fluid is on the battery. I've tried disassembling, cleaning everything out, reassembling with everything dry and looking good. I'll get a few good drags off it but then the process just starts over.

Is there a possibility all my clearos are faulty? Am I being an idiot and forgetting something, overlooking something? :( So much of my fluid has been wasted...

Last edited:

MissAmerican

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Sorry I don't have any answers but you're not alone in this I am having the exact same issues! I feel like I'm cursed when it comes to anything that's not a plain old cartomizer. I've read so many pages of info, have watched countless youtube videos and nothing I do fixes the problems. Clearo's, EVOD, vivi nova, protank, iclear30, they all gurgle and leak like crazy its become maddening for me. Plus the money I've spent on these things and then buying more things on top of that just to try and find a fix. AAhhh its so frustrating, I just want a good vape on a device I don't have to top off constantly! Sorry if I'm ranting I just saw your post and thought it could have been written by me word for word. I cant keep spending money on these things so for a while I'm just going to stick with my one small DCT tank and the cartomizers I have. If I find anything that helps I will post it :blush:

Fyreffect

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
NC, USA
myworld.ebay.com
I have not had this problem. However, I ran across something a while back and it may help you. Hope it is okay to post this link.

How To: Fix Kanger EVOD leaking/gurgling issues | Deus Ex Vaporis

That was a handy read, thanks for the link! I managed to find a fix of my own that has solved the problem for me. When attaching the atomizer to the base, I was tightening it excessively until it was flush and wouldn't move another millimeter. There's o-rings there to seal the opening, so instead of getting it that tight I simply screwed it in until I felt tension, then maybe another quarter turn.

That blog post mentioned that the silicone cup should be a little thicker on top to ensure the gap is closed, and my approach seemed to achieve something similar. The cup ends up being extended just a bit because of the head not being screwed in so tightly. Seems to work like a charm for me so far on three different tanks!

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Great read ghola1was, thanks for including the link. Might just try that...

I'm new to mechanical mods with 3 Sigelei's, new to Kanger gear for them and knee deep in this problem as well. Just bought my first bunch of Kanger gear: 2 Pro Tank 2's, 3 EVOD's, 5 MiniT3's and a bunch of extra coils for all of them. They are fine at first although the vape is lighter than I had hoped for. Then they all leak/flood/gurgle when the tanks get about half empty or just past it. Have read a bunch, found video's about them and leaks fixes, and the root seems to be the same with all models... spotty quality control at the factory (pointed out on a couple of videos).

In my case I'm sure the flavor wicks are a part of the problem as they are inconsistant from unit to unit and all of them allow excess liquid in. Some have 1, some 2, one even 3 flavor wicks within the same model, and their sizes vary in diameter. Even had a couple with just a few strands for flavor wicks, not a complete wick piece (like maybe .5mm).

I also don't trust the coils. Have had brand new coils right out of the package short out. I checked them for res, but didn't take them apart at first to inspect them. Not until I had a MiniT3 that I caught when it happened as I put it down luckily as the mech mod got hot, the battery got white hot. Then an EVOD coil that shorted out about 3/4's of the way through it's first tank. It took out the Vape Safe I had added to that mech mod so wasn't noticed until later when I took another toot and it wouldn't toot. Now their coils don't go on my mods until they are taken apart down to all but coil removal and thoroughly checked out.

Part of the fix seems to be the need to add more to the wicks, so I have wick is 3 sizes coming (as well as wire in 3 sizes to make my own coils).

Have another strange one on a Pro Tank 2 - real strange, as in spooky strange. So far the cause is still hiding in the shadows and does not compute. Haven't taken time to get back to it to look further, so I'll hold off telling until I figure out what's going on. It has Voodoo liquid in it, maybe that's the problem. 8-o ;)

Like the Segeli mods even with their problems, have their new Zmax V5 supposedly coming (was suppose to be delivered Friday and is still in FL?), but I am not sold on the Kanger gear quite yet. Lots of folks on ECF to help, so I'm confident they'll get figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread