Evod rebuilding woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

baskln

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
SC
Hey all, I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I've tried a few times and I'm getting mixed results. I'm rebuilding an evod head and keep getting leaking.

At first I used only a little wick and had immediate leaking out of the top mouth piece and the bottom. I"ve now tried putting more wick through my coil, and a thick "flavor" wick. It worked great until the tank got down to about half and then it leaked out of the bottle real bad and got gurgly.

I've followed the tutorials and can't figure out what the issue is. If I use a factory head I have no problem with leaking or gurgling.

I'm using bamboo thread if that makes a difference, also tried with SS mesh with the same results.
Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Why don't you just buy replacement coils? They cost less than 2 dollars each. Mine seem to last about two weeks. Not a bad cost per coil particularly when given the length of service.

Oh, one thing could help. I find that higher voltage helps with flooding/gurgling. Just so my post has some hope of helping you.

baskln

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
SC
Why don't you just buy replacement coils? They cost less than 2 dollars each. Mine seem to last about two weeks. Not a bad cost per coil particularly when given the length of service.

Oh, one thing could help. I find that higher voltage helps with flooding/gurgling. Just so my post has some hope of helping you.

Ya, I'm vaping it around 9.5-10 watts..... :(

Boiler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
The land of sky blue waters
Not leaking through the bottom as bad but still getting up in the mouth piece... I don't get it

I have never had that problem either. Maybe a slower draw?

The first coil I made on my evod was a complete mess, just a thin 1mm silica wick and a crooked coil, no top wick or nothing. When I pulled it out after a couple of weeks it was nothing but frazzled threads - yet never leaked. So it's hard for me to imagine what could cause this problem.

dumpstar

Dec 26, 2011
MASSACHUSETTS
Where are you buying your evod replacement heads? I just bought an evod from a local shop and the heads are expensive there. I would prefer to buy them from somewhere reputable according to this forum! Also, my vivi nova heads are engraved with their ohms and my evod head doesnt seem to clarify. What are my options to resistence with the evod heads? And which do you folks recommend?

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
Where are you buying your evod replacement heads? I just bought an evod from a local shop and the heads are expensive there. I would prefer to buy them from somewhere reputable according to this forum! Also, my vivi nova heads are engraved with their ohms and my evod head doesnt seem to clarify. What are my options to resistence with the evod heads? And which do you folks recommend?

This is where I got mine. It also states what the available ohms are.
Atomizer Head for Kanger EVOD eGo Bottom Coil Clearomizer

Been_Verbed

Mar 11, 2013
United States
Dependent on the liquid ratio, the use flavors wicks will vary.

Rebuilt the Evod with ss mesh using no "flavor wick" for 50/50 liquid. The mesh was 30 mm [ If I remember correctly ] rolled tightly around a sewing pin for stability. I adjusted the ends of the wick to remain slightly open after trimming. Tripled up the leads by folding them over and twisting, leaving a 3/4" gap of single wire for the coil, and slightly kinked the leads on the underside to keep them parallel. Might consider using non resistance wire.

After the initial break in period of the mesh, the evod is becoming my favorite clearo.
I agree with baskin, the prebuilt heads are alright, but with a few adjustments, this clearo is a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread