FastTech Return Nightmare—But Got Refund (By Force)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariae Virginis

Jul 31, 2015
I've heard that fasttech's return "policy" is outrageous. Now I know it first-hand. But I got a refund successfully, although I had to force it. Here's the full story:

On Jul 19, 2015, at 11:27 AM, [customer] wrote:

Hello,

I received the below order today and one of the buttons is broken out of the box. I’d like to return this, please. How do I go about doing that?

Thank you,

[Customer name]

On Jul 20, 2015, at 02:41 AM, fasttech Support <Q0719WLSDS+9622569002@support.fasttech.com wrote:

Hi [Customer name],

Sorry to hear this issue.

As it seems a photo showing the problem might help us to determine a good solution for you in this case, would you mind take and upload a picture in below way?

Please log in to your FastTech account and click the following link to upload attachments: Login: FastTech

The maximum allowed size are 2MB, please make sure the picture size don't exceed the limit. If the problem can be shown via a large-sized photo only, please consider upload the picture via an image hosting website and copy the "HTML for Websites" link here in this ticket.

We will be waiting for the photos and solve the issue for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

On Jul 20, 2015, at 05:20 AM, [customer] wrote:

Hi,

You can’t see the problem. You can hear and feel it. When I click the right small button to increase voltage/wattage, it has no “give”. It doesn’t “click” like the left one does. This is precisely the problem my old Vamo now has, which is why I bought this one, to replace the old one. Technically the Vamo still works, but it will increase voltage/wattage on you all of a sudden, because the slightest push or brush of the button sets it off increasing. When the button is working, this doesn’t happen. It seems the problem is caused by a spring in the button breaking or something.

I would like to handle this return quickly, because I already waited a month for a replacement for a broken Vamo. Where should I send the old one to? Can I get a replacement Vamo shipped out faster than usual, so that I don’t have to wait another whole month again?

Thank you,

[Customer name]

On Jul 20, 2015, at 11:06 PM, FastTech Support <Q0719WLSDS+9622569002@support.fasttech.com wrote:

Hi [Customer name],

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

The supplier requires proof of defect for warranty. Would you mind provide us a video to show the problem as it seems a photo can't help in this case?

Since our ticket system don't support attaching video, please upload it via a third party website first and post the link here.

Note that for company compliance reasons, please include the respective order number, while don't include any reference to FastTech.com or your contact information in the video.

After receiving your video, we will proceed to resolve the case for you soon.

We can resend the new replacement only after we got the defective one from you at first.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know. Thank you.

On Jul 21, 2015, at 05:25 AM, [customer] wrote:

Your returns process is outrageous. For one, if you’d just send me an address to return it to, you’d have plenty of proof that it’s defective, and could hold it in your own hands.

For two, many of your customers probably don’t know how to upload a video via a third-party website. So what do you do, just tell them they can’t return broken merchandise?

For three, I waited a month for this VAMO to arrive, and now I’m going to wait a month for it to get back there, and then another month or more for you to process the return and ship a new one. Three+ months for a VAMO? Are you kidding me?

I don’t want an exchange. I want a refund. This is the last time I buy from FastTech. You people have zero trust in your customers and your customer service is the worst I’ve ever seen. For future, you should know that when Americans ask to return something, they expect you to trust them and just send them an address. In fact, post an address on the website and include a return envelope in the original packaging in case someone wants to return it. That’s how we do returns. It’s called “convenience” and it’s the opposite of having to work with the [expletive deleted for online posting] Chinese state bureaucracy just to get a new mod. As much money as you do in sales, it wouldn’t hurt you one bit to do it right.

Here’s your precious video: Dropbox - Error <Dropbox - Error

On Jul 21, 2015, at 11:11 PM, FastTech Support <Q0719WLSDS+9622569002@support.fasttech.com wrote:

Hi [Customer name],

Sorry for the inconvenience that we caused about this issue.

As checked the video you offered,it cannot be opened by us.

Would you please upload this video to YouTube website and offer us a new link about it directly?

Thank you.

For the issue about this item SKU 1491700,as per our company policy,we can only replace it for you,refund for it is unavailable.

Most of the items sold on FastTech.com are covered by FastTech Standard Return Policy, i.e. replacement can be requested within 6 months from date of shipment and refund within 45 days from date of delivery. This item is covered by the said warranty. For more details, please visit this page: Standard Return Policy: FastTech In this case, the details are as below:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Damage on Arrival (DOA)

FastTech guarantees safe delivery of your orders. We exchange all damaged items. FastTech covers all return shipping charges.

Contact us for a RMA, within 5 days of delivery, and ship products back via the least expensive method.”

Policy link: Standard Return Policy: FastTech

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We can ship replacement when the item is returned back and shipping reimburse will be issued when we receive your shipping receipt or package photo for stamp shipped items.

You can return the defective item back to Miami. We will reimburse the postage fully in this case.

Please kindly confirm so we can offer you RMA number and return instruction in next mail.Thank you.

Thank you for your understanding.

On Jul 22, 2015, at 09:40 AM, [customer] wrote:

This is ridiculous. If this issue isn’t resolved in your next email, I’m calling my credit card company to stop payment to you and posting this email exchange everywhere FastTech is reviewed on the web.

<

On Jul 22, 2015, at 11:57 PM, FastTech Support <support@fasttech.com wrote:

Dear [Customer name],

You have recently requested to return some products. The return merchandise authorization (RMA) number for your return is 20150722-GYXH.

Please follow these steps:

1. Properly pack the returning items to ensure they're not damaged on the way back.

2. Address the package as shown below:

If you're in the *United States*, *Canada*, or *Mexico*:

---

TO: CLOUD COMMERCE SYSTEMS LIMITED

RMA #20150722-GYXH

8345 NW 66 ST #B1111

MIAMI, FL 33166

United States

---

And for everywhere else:

---

TO: CLOUD COMMERCE SYSTEMS LIMITED

RMA #20150722-GYXH

Unit 8-9, G/F Po Lung Centre

11 Wang Chiu Road

Kowloon Bay

Hong Kong

---

3. Ship items back via the least expensive way. Don't forget to keep shipping receipts safe, especially when return shipping reimbursement is applicable to your return.

A customer advocate will contact you as soon as your package arrives. Depending on the shipping method chosen, your package may take about 2 weeks before it delivers at FastTech.

Please post your return soon. If your package is not posted within 2 weeks from the date of this e-mail, your replacement offer will be cancelled and voided.

If you have any questions concerning this notification, please contact us at the following:

support@fasttech.com

Kind regards,

The FastTech Team

On Jul 22, 2015, at 11:58 PM, FastTech Support <Q0719WLSDS+9622569002@support.fasttech.com wrote:

Hi [customer name],

Greetings.

For the issue about this item SKU 1491700,due to it does not work well for you,you can return it back for exchange a new replacement as per the policy we sent to you in last post.

I have sent you (in a separate e-mail) your RMA number and our return address in Miami. Please clearly mark your RMA number on the address line, otherwise the package will be refused.

Please arrange to ship the defective item back via USPS first class mail. Simply to send us a picture of the return receipt and we will reimburse you the shipping cost as per the policy.

You can upload the shipping receipt this way:

Please log in to your FastTech account and click the following link to upload attachments:

Login: FastTech

Please make sure to post the defective item back within 2 weeks of this email, otherwise the warranty will be voided.

Please upload the shipping receipt here once you have posted the item back and the new replacement will be sent once the return package delivers, thank you.

On Jul 23, 2015, at 02:25 PM, [customer] wrote:

Hello,

Thank you! I don’t want an exchange item. I would like a refund, please. I can’t wait another month for a new VAMO to arrive from China. I need it now, and will spend the money for it elsewhere.

Can you please just refund the money once you receive the damaged VAMO back in Miami?

Postal receipt for the return is attached.

Thank you,

[Customer name]

On Jul 24, 2015, at 01:42 AM, FastTech Support <Q0719WLSDS+9622569002@support.fasttech.com wrote:

Hi [Customer name],

Greetings.

As you refer #6 post we sent,we can only replace this defective item for you as per our company policy,refund for it is unavailable.

Please kindly remind us 3 days later,after confirm your package was delivered,we will resend the new replacement to you directly soon.

As for the postage $3.94,would you like to refund it to gift certificate or credit card?

It's a gift certificate code and it's good as cash. Simply enter it in step 3 of checkout. There is a gift certificate link right above the "Place Order" button.

You can use it to get anything you like.

On Jul 24, 2015, at 05:44 PM, [customer] wrote:

Hello,

Please refund the $3.94 in postage to my credit card. Can you tell me how long it will take until I see this refund?

Thank you,

[Customer name]

On Jul 25, 2015, at 02:51 AM, FastTech Support <Q0719WLSDS+9622569002@support.fasttech.com wrote:

Hi [Customer name],

Greetings.

OK,here is refund for postage to your credit card with transaction ID 50155551 ($3.94).

It will take about 3-5 business days for money to be transferred successfully, please check with your account after few days later to confirm it.

Hope you could understand.

Please kindly remind us 3 days later. Thank you.

On Jul 29, 2015, at 10:06 AM, [customer] wrote:

Hello,

You asked me to remind you 3 days after my return was received to send a new VAMO. My return was received in Miami on Monday. However, I have in the meantime spoken with my credit card company about my right to receive a refund instead of an exchange. They assured me that, if I received broken merchandise, I do have a right to a refund. I have therefore stopped payment to you with my credit card company and already received back the funds from my initial purchase. That being so, please do NOT send a new VAMO to me.

Thank you,

[Customer name]

On Jul 29, 2015, at 11:37 PM, FastTech Support <Q0719WLSDS+9622569002@support.fasttech.com wrote:

Hi [Customer name],

Greetings.

In this case,we can only replace this item SKU 1491700,refund for it is unavailable.

Please just let us know if you need us resend the new replacement item SKU 1491700 to you or not.

On Jul 30, 2015, at 10:13 AM, [customer] wrote:

Hello,

Okay, well my credit card company says differently and has withdrawn payment for the VAMO. So you can send me another one for free if you’d like, but you won’t get paid for it. I would rather you not send one.

Thank you,

[Customer name]

On Jul 30, 2015, at 11:33 PM, FastTech Support <Q0719WLSDS+9622569002@support.fasttech.com wrote:

Hi [Customer name],

Greetings.

In this case,if you got your payment back,we can't resend new replacement to you directly.

As we have explained,we can't refund to you for this case.

Reactions: thetrucker

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
Wow, dude. You read fast!

And no, they don't! I'm sure the words "stopped credit card payment" got lost in their ginormous system somewhere.
I read at a college level when I was in 3rd grade, so yea, I guess I do.

They might have lost it in translation. I'm not sure, but they may use a translator service to read the emails rather than hire English speaking employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread