Finally quiting smoking (hopefully for good)

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyroo

Oct 4, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
New guy here, have been smoking for about 6 years and tried many times to quit before but now I'm sure i've found the answer. I've been vaping for about a month now and slowly cut back on cigarettes until I finally quit a couple of days ago and have only been vaping on my vamo. Any tricks or things you did that helped you guys through your first week of quiting and beyond would be awesome.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I've got the V3 from Vapor Alley with some Efest 18650's and an alright Trustfire charger

Good stuff :thumbs: Just keep an eye out for a better battery charger on sale- Pila, XTar, NiteCore, etc. TrustFire chargers aren't too reliable. I've had 2 flake out on me.
Vapor Joes - Daily Vaping Deals
Best of Luck.

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
Welcome to ECF, Congrats on giving up the stink sticks

Like Vapoor eyes er says drink plenty of water, as far as tips and tricks, just hang in there, if You feel like a smoke have a vape, if You do break down and smoke do not beat yourself up, it's the ones You don't smoke that are the important ones, and if You light up take a couple drags 1/4 maybe 1/2 a cigg and then toss it, before too long You will not want one at all.

I use a VAMO v2 as a secondary device, I like it in 18350 mode, and use a trustfire tr 001( soon to be upgraded) to charge the batts

DorsaiMaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
Lynchburg, Virginia
Welcome to ECF and congrats on kicking the analogs. Make sure that the nic content in your ejuice is enough that you are satisfied. Not enough can lead to a possible reversion to analogs. You will find that after awhile you can succesfully reduce the amount of nic in your juice. You may still feel some withdrawal but it will most likely be the other additives in the analogs that cause this. You can do this! I also second making sure that you are well hydrated. Good luck and happy vaping.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Sounds like you're well on your way :thumbs:
PG and VG are humectants
A humectant is a substance used primarily in foods and cosmetic products to help retain moisture. These substances are called hygroscopic, which means that they are able to absorb ambient water. These hygroscopic compounds posses a chemical structure that attracts water from the atmosphere and binds it to various sites along the molecule.

When we inhale PG/ VG it "traps" the moisture in our mouth, throat and nasal area and thus the vapor. The real problem arises when the body is dehydrated and begins "stealing" moisture from other parts of the body to keep key organs hydrated. Add to that more than 3 cups of java or caffeine based soda drinks and severe dehydration can occur.
I had a convert that didn't believe vaping was dehydrating. I showed him his fingernails- there were vertical rails on them. Told him this was a sign of serious dehydration and his Dr. confirmed this. He began drinking water/ hydrating and within a couple of months his fingernails returned to normal...he's now a believer. Ask any chemist and they will tell you the same. I drink 2+ liters of water per day and no more than 3 cups Java per day.
Cheers and Enjoy the Journey.

I really noticed the dehydration this morning when I woke up with a crazy dry mouth. Def gonna keep some water at night on my nightstand from now on, hehe. I've been vaping 1.8 nic and haven't had a huge urge to smoke an analog yet except when I am around a bunch of smokers and then I just take out my Vamo and vape away.

Zee2006

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
may not help you but what I did......

I told myself not one more puff EVER off tobacco.... and when the head games hit (around my 8th week) I reminded myself that it was a head game telling me "oh one puff won't hurt" ... and not to fall for it..... I also told myself "nope the only cheating you can do is with your e-cig" not sure why or how that works cause i use my e-cig all the time but I also use it as my cheat...... :blink:

I still use these same tricks and they still work... for me....

Good luck... you got this!!

Maggie3199

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2013
Ohio
may not help you but what I did......

I told myself not one more puff EVER off tobacco.... and when the head games hit (around my 8th week) I reminded myself that it was a head game telling me "oh one puff won't hurt" ... and not to fall for it..... I also told myself "nope the only cheating you can do is with your e-cig" not sure why or how that works cause i use my e-cig all the time but I also use it as my cheat...... :blink:

I still use these same tricks and they still work... for me....

Good luck... you got this!!

Welcome from Ohio! The above quote is correct, sometimes you just have to talk to yourself, and talk, and talk....I'm sure you get the idea! Good luck and you're going to like it here. Everyone is so nice and so helpful. Vape on.....:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread