Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrawr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Colorado, USA
Hey guys, happy Friday!!

I've run into an issue with what is otherwise my favorite mechanical yet.

I have a couple of king mod (v2, satin brass) clones by infinite. Out of the box, they are amazing. However, it seems that there is an issue with the "solid copper contact pins". I think that they are actually copper plated, and after just a few days use, a black dimple has developed on both mods and both sets of pins. This causes mis-firing problems.

After spending a good deal of time searching and asking around, I've found that there are no replacement parts being produced in the vaping world yet. So I set out to my local hardware and electronics stores. I was unable to find a suitable replacement, but I was able to figure out the size. It seems that the top and small bottom "pins" are m3 (metric 3?) x 4-6mm, so .5mm(m3) by 4-6mm.

The closest looking piece of hardware I could find for these bits are called "hex bolts". I'm wondering if there are any hardware gurus who can help me with the actual "hardware names" of the firing pins. I'm at a loss for what the "female" part might be called. I wouldn't mind knowing how to find spare "insulators" either. Also wondering if anyone knows where to find silver, copper, or brass bits that would make for suitable replacements.

Thanks for your help!
IMG_20140523_125501.jpg
fulltoppin.jpg
IMG_20140523_125554.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread