Firmware updatable TC mods list

Status
Not open for further replies.

renatortb

Feb 17, 2011
Brasil
Hello folks, here is a list of the TC mods that allow firmware updates. In my opinion, this is a must have feature in nowadays for keeping the mod more time-proof. I would like very much any help in keep this list updated and with better comments.
(sorry my English)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Evolv
Comments: this is a company of USA which is very famous and prestigious. Perhaps the producer of the more advanced e-cig chips in the world. Made great success with his DNA40 chip, which was able to TCbut it was not upgradable. Recently launched its newest chip, the DNA200, which this time is upgradeable. They are aoing a great job in firmware update.

DNA200 chip based mods
It would be impractical to list all the mods that bring this chip. The Evolv has already released several updates (Early Firmware - DNA 200 Early Adopters Forum and, as expected, the company is taking this product seriously, providing updates often. I imagine that even when the DNA200 become older, if there is a need, Evolv will launch updates.They launched together the Escribe program, which is complex and complete, allowing very deep adjustment of the mod to the taste of the owner and an facilitated tool for firmware update.
The USB port can be used to recharge the mod.
Price: expensive
For more information, please visit:
Evolv Inc - DNA 200
DNA 200 Watt | E-Cigarette Forum
A list of DNA200 mods with pics... | E-Cigarette Forum

Joyetech
Comments: It is one of the largest companies in the industry of e-cigs and already debuted some products able to have their firmware updated: the eVic, which is currently in the 2.0 firmware and is updated by MVR software program (discontinued) and the eVic Supreme, which It is currently in the 2.1 firmware and is updated by myVapors program.It is a company that seems not abandon their old products, what is a point in favor for anyone looking more longevity mods by updates.

eVic-VTC Mini
eVic-VTC Mini - Joyetech

Does not have any updates so far because it has just been released. The Joyetech has not revealed how the update will be made and which program will be used, but there are rumors that it will work even on Macs. Therefore I believe to be some new version of myVapors. As far as I understand, the Joytech did not work to make compatible hardware with TC using SS, which is a shame because this feature could come in the form of update.
FT price: $38.50

Koopor
Comments: being Koopor a subsidiary of Smok, I believe she will have the same commitment to release firmware updates, including being able to use similar software for this purpose. The company is very young and so far in their site there is very little information about the updates. However, I believe that at the time an update out, they will promote further guidance.

Koopor Mini
KOOPOR™ - KOOPOR Silicone Mod Case
No updates so far.
FT price: $ 34.79

Pioneer4You
Comments: despite having released a few updates for some mods, it appears that firmware updates are not a big concern of this company. I have the impression that you can not have many expectations (maybe I’m wrong). Pioneer4You uses YiHi chips and maybe thats why we don't see much updates. YiHi chips are solid and work very well.

iPV3
YiHi SX330 V3 S Chip
ipv3_iPV series product_IPV Electronic Cigarette -
Just one update so far. Download_IPV Electronic Cigarette -
FT price: FT: $100.58 (out of stock).

iPV3 Li
iPV3 Li_iPV series product_IPV Electronic Cigarette -
YiHi SX330V-3SL Chip
Just one update so far. Download_IPV Electronic Cigarette -
Preço na FT: $81.08

iPV 4S
YiHi SX330-V4S Chip
No updates so far.
I can not find it on their website.
FT price: $59.91

Smok
Comments: this company has shown commitment to the release of firmware updates and it seems that now is the company that is struggling most in this regard. They are currently developing a firmware upgrade platform that is easy to use and is in beta at the moment.

SMOK X Cube II
X CUBE II - SMOK®
It has several updates since the release of the model. The last update promises TC with SS. The Smok has impressed me in how quickly they release updates.
X CUBE II V1.091 firmware upgrade guide--SMOK® Being with you for all great vaping time!
FT price: $ 63.46

Yihi
Comments: This is a Chinese company very famous and prestigious, producer of the most advanced chips from china and direct rival of Evolv. With the release of SX350J chip the company revolutionized the TC market. Many say that the chips Yihi promote a solid experience in CT. The company has proven to be responsible about the firmware updates.

SX350J chip based mods:

SX Mini M-Class

As far as I know, only this model carries the chip SX350J. Yihi released some important updates for this mod and has been interested in maintaining the quality of this mod through these updates. -SXmini maker,SXmini,yihisxmini,yihiecigar,sx350,yihi sx350, yihi sx350 mini, yihiecigar sx350 mini, gravity sensor,www.yihisxmini.com,120w device
Price: expensive
For more information, please visit:
SXmini M Class manufacturers,SXmini M Class exporters,SXmini M Class suppliers,SXmini M Class OEM service.
SXmini M Class (TEMP CONTROL) | E-Cigarette Forum
Yihi SX350J Technology Discussion Thread | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited:

renatortb

Feb 17, 2011
Brasil
Anything with an Evolv DNA200

Yihi Sx Mini M-Class and all Yihi 350j chips
Thank you, i will add the dna and yihi.

Nah overated I don't use a mod longer than 6 months before I replace it with something new and shiney
Man, you have to think about your vaping friends that live outside USA, Europe Australia. Is very hard to get a mod outside this locations. I live in Brazil and here we struggle everyday to get anything about e-cig. It's like a "Lord of the Rings" thing... LOL

renatortb

Feb 17, 2011
Brasil
I would not expect alot of firmware upgrades after maybe the first couple of months and they find issues after that they will be moving onto the next design. I would not expect alot of time spent when they can sell something new and shiney
I agree with you. Also i think that most of them will do like the X Cube II. Smok has released it unfinished and after, via updates, with time, kind of fool us that the updates are new implementation. But not, they are for finish the product.... Its really sad how they treat us. I read minutes ago when i was searching if the IPV D2 was updatable that a guy wrote that he prefers that the mod was not updatable, because this way, the company has to release them in all way functioning right. Maybe DNA 200 proof the opposite, but i can't afford one...

Reactions: Geovaping

Geovaping

Jul 29, 2015
I agree with you. Also i think that most of them will do like the X Cube II. Smok has released it unfinished and after, via updates, with time, kind of fool us that the updates are new implementation. But not, they are for finish the product.... Its really sad how they treat us. I read minutes ago when i was searching if the IPV D2 was updatable that a guy wrote that he prefers that the mod was not updatable, because this way, the company has to release them in all way functioning right. Maybe DNA 200 proof the opposite, but i can't afford one...

Ture, SMOK X CUBE II has taste control, not real temp. control thing. That taste control also can be used by Ti and Ni wires. But all Kanthal, Ni and Ti wires are controlled by watts going up and down, which is a new method to prevent dry burning.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Ture, SMOK X CUBE II has taste control, not real temp. control thing. That taste control also can be used by Ti and Ni wires. But all Kanthal, Ni and Ti wires are controlled by watts going up and down, which is a new method to prevent dry burning.
I think you mean the iJoy Asolo, not the xcube II....

Geovaping

Jul 29, 2015
Geovaping your talking about the ijoy asolo not the smok x cube 2 which does have proper temp control I know because I've just vaped a tank bone dry to see if it worked.
Hi Rizzyking, honestly speaking, I WAS confused by Smok, they provided us M80 PLUS, which was confirmed as a failed TC device, then they launched new XCUBE II, I was quite curious about their new features, decided to watch some vids, one of VLOG is from Modified Vaper(YT channel). What I got that was negative information. But even this vid came out was long time ago, before I reply you seriously, I watched lots of vlog are positive. Im 100% believe this device will be fine with TFV4 atomizer with their TC heads. I assume SMOK can improve coefficients setting by update-able firmware.

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
His original video looked bad because he didn't set the TCR properly for ni200 which I believe he said in his later video. Been using my own xcube for the last two days solid and had used a friends original stainless for a week and it's been rock solid total night and day between the m80 (total pos) and the cube 2. Right now I think this has the top spot for best bang for buck mod out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread