First Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaShiVa

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Texas
OK, done my research, and looks like V4L is the way to go.
Steve sounds like the kind of guy I'd like to think I'd be if I were doing what he's doing.
Anyhows, after reading all the advice, all over the place, I've decided to make a post here to get any last minute advice, just waiting for teh office manager to get back so I can ensure I can get the stuff delivered to the office OK :)

Anyhows, my current situation:
I smoke about a pack and a half a day of (ideally) Marlboro ultra-lights. I've actualyl switched to Bronson in the last few months due to the price hike in smokes here, and each time I bought a carton, I'd get $10 cash back on top to make it the same price as the marlboros, and have got enough 'saved' up to cover a starter for vaping.
I've got an order queued up for the ultimate ultimatum kit, and 3 extra boxes of the cartomizers, in 6-8mg. Seein as I usually smoke ultra lights, which have little flavour and to a, say, marlboro red smoker seem like sucking on air, I'm hoping that 6-8 will be enough. I smoke a lot, so expect to vape a lot, and don't want to get myself jacked up on too much nicotine.
Also, back home in Australia, all the smokes come with much more detailed 'warnings' on the boxes, and state how many mg of nicotine, tar, etc, is in the cigarettes of the different levels, so I've always thought of ultra lights as 4mg, lights as 8mg, reds as 16mg, etc.

I'm also one of those miserable types who dresses mostly in black, so I went to select all black options, but it seems the PCC isn't available in black, nor are the batteries. I'm assuming this is an inventory issue, and figure I'll attach a note asking if any black is in stock to send that instead and hope for the best.

Also I read a post, forget where, about substituting manual for automatic batteries, and as I had wanted to try both, was thinking I'd add to the note to ask if a substitution could be made for 1. This sound OK? or should I knock off some of the refills and add a manual to the set, or not worry about manual for now?

I had sent an email to the link on the site, but I'm thinking it got trapped in junk mail or similar, as I didn't get a reply, but I work in the internet business, so I know these things can happen, and the posts on this site have reassured me on that note, but I know you guys order a lot of stuff and have plenty of advice for noobs, thus this post.

I also have a nasty habit of making posts that are 4 times longer than they need to be. sorry about that.

Dan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ghetto_Cowgirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
I got stuck at the Aussie thing, where in Texas are you?
Oh and I mostly vape 24mg but it doesn't feel like a Virginia back in Aus, if that helps any. Probably a PJ Extra. 4-6 to me seems extremely low, I'd get perhaps a pack of 11mg to be sure or a small bottle of 11mg or whatever is close to that just in case.

DaShiVa

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Texas
From Sydney, but I married a texas girl so living in Dallas now.
I used to smoke B&H ultra.. i forget what they're called.. Teh 2mg ones. they didn't have anything that low in the states thus the ultra lights.
I don't want to have to order every few days, thus the 3 boxes, assuming one will last me a day - more if i only smoke at work, also, and using my friend's CC I don't want to hassle him, thus the ordering of the 3 boxes, but i will take them up to around the 12 mark if it's available on your advice, thanks.

Office manager has OK'd the shipping to the office, so I'll wait a lil more then if I get no more advice, send the order off.

Ghetto_Cowgirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
I'd spend $3.50 on a 5ml bottle of a higher nic like 12, to drop in the cart should it not be strong enough. $3.50 is pocket change so no loss.
I moved from Melbourne 4 years ago to Texarkana (3hrs from Dallas) to marry my hubby, hehe :p
B&H Benson and Hedges right? they always seemed weak to me no matter what strength.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
I'd spend $3.50 on a 5ml bottle of a higher nic like 12, to drop in the cart should it not be strong enough. $3.50 is pocket change so no loss.
I moved from Melbourne 4 years ago to Texarkana (3hrs from Dallas) to marry my hubby, hehe :p
B&H Benson and Hedges right? they always seemed weak to me no matter what strength.

So what we are learning here today is that you both talk funny? :pervy:

Just kidding, actually I adore the aussie accent! Always wanted to talk like Crocodile Dundee lol!

DaShiVa

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Texas
yeah B&H were always 'mild' but I was trying to quit and figured if I could smoke those, I'd be better set up for quitting. Which was bollocks. Anyhows, If I was trying to avoid the bottled stuff to begin with, but I guess that's worth a shot, I switched the order to a couple of 12's and and 8 on the hilton flavour (figured I should have an 'analog' flavour and it was one of the ones seems people think is best - never smoked a hilton so I have no clue :p)
I'll add in a bottle of stuff, you're right 3.50 isn't bad, and keep my order prepped, I figure so long as I get it in my 3:30 or so it shouldn't make any difference on when it arrives. Hoping it'll arrive Monday, but see what happens.

DaShiVa

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Texas
Sigh, I worked 10 straight days at the fair last week, if I hear one more person poke fun at me and the way I talk...Ima slap em.
And if my mum pokes fun at me one more time on the phone about having a "yanky accent" Ima slap her too! :p
Apparently, I have a 50/50 mix of the two lol

Yeah same here. I've been here like 7 years now, I don't hear my own accent, when I call home I hear the accent on friends and family, and they hear a yankee accent on me, yet people still ask about my accent here and tell me I have one, which I don't mind, as (no offense) I'm not a fan of the american accent.

Still, hopefully I'll get to go home for a couple of weeks in a few months, really looking forward to that.

~Gazoo~

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
South Carolina
The nic level you receive from an analog is much higher then the nic level you receive from vaping. Most USA analogs are 1.2mg per cigarette. If you smoked a pack and a half per day you would need at least a 16mg cartomizer/fluid to satisfy you. I started with 24mg and am happy I did cause any less and I might have been very tempted to smoke an analog. I am going to cut down to 16mg and see how that works out for awhile but I will always have 24mg around just in case.

Hilton is very good, IMO is very close to Marlboro Reds. But you will love the fruit and other flavors. And no need to smoke analogs at home. It's very possible you will never need an analog once you start vaping.

Last edited:

Jon Solo

Moved On
Sep 25, 2009
Orbit
I'm sure you'll like the VaporKing device itself. I hope the low cartridge strength cut's it for you though. It's been 12 days for me since I've had an analog and I'm feeling great. But I use the 36er's. I never considered anything lower and my flavor options on carts are limited to only what is available in the 36'ers. I smoked two packs a day and in the end I was ordering Winstons from the Ukraine because they cost $1.33 a pack, were much stronger than domestic Winstons and didn't have the crap they spray on them to make them "fire safe". Because of all that, I'm probably not the best person to give advice to an ultra light smoker. I just hope that what you do order is strong enough to overcome your analog desires.

Good luck and Cheers!

Ghetto_Cowgirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
I'd love to go home, if immigration would hurry up! I do hear my own accent sometimes, especially words like can't, I feel like a ...... if I try to say the A they was they do here. But I did have to change the way I said R so people could understand a bit better. I'm not sure why but males back home, like my brother, sound extremely whiney lol

On your order, don't avoid the bottled stuff, it really is a money saver. If you want extremely easy just drip a couple drops in the battery end (without the battery on) and let it suck it up, roll it in your hand, wipe any excess juice off. Screw on and vape away. On a near empty cart that is.

DaShiVa

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Texas
OK, gonna get a 24, an 11, and .. another 11. problem is I wanted to try 3 flavours and It'd be easier to compare nic levels if it was the same flavour.
Steve should get a 'strength sampler' pack that has 3 grades or something of the same flavour :p
Anyhows, I'm get a spread for now and see if i can tell.

Mostly, though, I think I'm addicted to smoking. I love smoking. I just hate the way it makes me smell, and the unhealthy factor. I know I've got a nic addiction but I don't think that's the standout factor for me. I've tried quitting a few times, succeeded a couple, and the big problem for me was simply wanting to smoke, the nicotine withdrawals I could cope with.
I'll also grab a bottle of... something.

My plan (assuming this first part works) is to later see about 'weaning' myself off the nicotine part by getting a couple of bottles of whatever I like, one low mg, one 0 mg, and mixing in more and more of the 0 on refills. But that's me counting my chickens before I've sucked their eggs. Talk about twisting a metaphor.

And yeah, I hear some words I say - like "can't" and stuff, and often have to repeat myself, but There's a lot of times I hear the American accent in my words also.

~Gazoo~

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
South Carolina
Just put in the comments section when you place your order the cartomizers you would like to have for your 5 free ones. That should do it. Or send Steve an email. Glad you are getting some 24. That should help you get off analogs...we are all trying to and get healthy again. BTW the Hilton I have is 24mg...and it's some good stuff..IMO.

DaShiVa

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Texas
Well, in the end the only hilton available was an 8mg, based off the advice on mg I switched it to marlboro or something at 24, order is in now, with any luck it'll arrive monday.
I was thinking about posting updates on my experience here, but there's already a half a dozen other people doing that, so unless I have an unusual experience I'll not clog the forums with it :p
On the other hand, it might finally give me a reason to get my blog going. Funny thing is, despite the amount of rambling I do on forum posts I really cant get motivated to even start a blog :p

krowten

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
U.S.
DaShiVa said:
I went to select all black options, but it seems the PCC isn't available in black, nor are the batteries.
It looks like they have black manual batteries in stock. If you contact them you may be able to exchange one of the autos for a black manual. You may like the manual too. Seems a lot of people do. Enjoy your VK. I'm sure you'll enjoy the excellent V4L service.

DaShiVa

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Texas
It looks like they have black manual batteries in stock. If you contact them you may be able to exchange one of the autos for a black manual. You may like the manual too. Seems a lot of people do. Enjoy your VK. I'm sure you'll enjoy the excellent V4L service.

Well, in teh notes I stated both that I'd prefer everything in black if available, and asked if it was possible to switch a manual for one of the automatics, so I'm hoping, but I'll be satisfied with the order as placed, so it's no big deal.

To be perfectly honest I don't like the look of even the black bats from what I've seen as they have the VK or V4L or something etched in them, but I understand the advertising aspect of it. I also don't think I like the light on the end, but If I have a real problem I'll grab some matte black and paint the whole thing over. But that's all cosmetics.

DaShiVa

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Texas
Well, my package arrived, and they managed to get me a blue carrying case instead of silver, which isn't black, but is closer I guess :p Both the batteries are black though, which is nice. Got an extra bottle of nic juice and a few interesting flavours thrown in on top too to try out, which is nice :)
Anyhows, I'm assuming the batteries don't come charged, so put one on the wall charger, and the other in the pcc and plugged them both in - The manual that came didn't say anything I could find about the pcc, and stated 8 hours initial charge for the wall charger, so I may not be able to try them out till tomorrow, when I get back to work, although at lunch break I may try the passthrough at my desk, but I suspect that'd be frowned upon by the bosses.
Craving a smoke right now, and until i test this out still unsure how successful a substitution the VK is going to be.

Anyhows, I also made one of those dynamic time since quit sig generator, with V4L in it, which if it turns out to be OK I'll post a thread on later.

For those who skipped to the bottom, my questions are:

1)How long do I really have to wall charge a new batt for before I can use it?
2) As above, but for the PCC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread