FT Hana DNA20 Clone - To Evolv Or Not To Evolv

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsumpter

Jan 31, 2011
Tennessee
I received a FT Hana dna 20 clone on Monday, and it worked very well up until last night. I hit the fire button, and didn't get any vapor. I noticed a burning smell, so I pulled it apart and yanked out the battery fearing a short. After examination, it appears one of the chips on the circuit board is burned. After putting the battery back in, everything appears to work (ohm meter, all buttons, etc) except it doesn't fire or send any voltage to the 510 connector.

I've turned in a support ticket to FT, but now I'm wondering if it is worth the hassle. I'm considering snagging a genuine Evolv dna 30 board, replacing the 510 connector with a nice spring loaded one, and cutting my losses. I have around $60 in the clone, and I can get the Evolv board for $49.99 plus shipping. I'm assuming that would pretty much give me what I would get in a genuine Hana for about $150 less than the official one. Other than the fried board, my case and buttons are flawless (albeit with the split drip well).

Thoughts? Has anyone done a board swap for the Evolv dna 30 in one of these yet?

Hana_Burn.jpg

bsumpter

Jan 31, 2011
Tennessee
Appreciate the link! But if I replace the entire board, I'd really rather just replace it with the genuine Evolv DNA 30 board. The one thing that irritated me about the clone board (other than premature failure) was the 40 second sleep timeout. That's just not enough time for me. Apparently, I generally grab a vape every 50 seconds or so. LOL. So I was continually having to bring it out of sleep with either 2 button presses or one long press. Either way, it was a little irritating.

As I understand it, the genuine Evolv board has a 2 minute timeout which I think is a much more realistic setting.

bsumpter

Jan 31, 2011
Tennessee
I decided to just get the genuine Evolv DNA 30 board. I ordered one from House of Vapor for $49.99 plus shipping. There are some photos floating around on my FaceBook feed where folks are having these clone DNA boards burn up, so I'm not the only one. Some of them nearly caused a fire when they went, so just to be safe I'm going to go with the genuine product rather than swap this out with FT for another clone.

FT is yet to respond to my support ticket anyway. LOL.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Not a bad idea. I'll see what FT says about the exchange once they contact me. It's been over 24 hours so far with no response.

I've never returned an item to FT before, so no idea how that is going to work.

They have a return center in FL (i believe), definitely return it, FT will make it right, just may take a bit for the new one arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread