G6 battery length and a couple other questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skymutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Steel City, PA, USA
Hello Halo, and Halo vapers! I'm new to vaping, currently using blu cigs and mostly happy with them, but I've been trying to assemble my ideal cigalike kit too. I was dead set on a 510 cigalike, but after a month of searching and asking around, I can't find a setup that meets all my desires. The G6 was the first cigalike to really catch my eye before I knew about things like 808 and 510 standards. I'm thinking about giving up and just going with an 808 since they seem to be more liked than 510 cigalikes anyway.

The G6 battery lengths listed on the website, 65 and 78 mm, is that counting the threaded connector too, and if so, how long is the connector by itself? (assembled cig length is important to me) So would a 78mm batt and the 35.5mm carto be 113.5mm total length, or slightly shorter since the batt screws in to the carto?

I've seen some review videos that show the starter kit including 2 empty cartomizers and the 5 prefilled or empties you get to pick, is this still the case, or do you only get the 5 now?

Why does Halo only offer a 30 day warranty when other companies with nearly identical 808 systems offer 90 days, and some others (like Revolver and blu) offer a full year?

Is there any way to request two different color batteries in a starter kit?

Why is the 65mm G6 battery only 180mah, where the equivalent Smokeless Image Volt 65mm is 220mah? (the 78mm batteries are also unequal in capacity)

Will the G6 offer similar performance if used with non-Halo branded cartomizers? (with the exception that "standard" cartos don't have the anti-burn tech) and is this also true if used with 510 cartos and an adapter ring?

Sorry for all the questions, but my research thusfar has been solely on 510 standard systems and I am only now digging into 808's. Thanks in advance!

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
I can't answer all of your questions, but I'll take a stab at some of them based on my albeit scant experience ordering and using my wife's G6 starter kit:

- I haven't measured the batteries down to the milimeter, but FWIW, the smallest battery, when assembled with a standard-sized cartomizer, is virtually identical in size and shape to a regular sized cigarette. As a 20-year heavy smoker, I sure as hell couldn't tell the difference. And the battery life is really good too, surprisingly good. I bought the smallest battery because it's the only size that allows you to store a fully assembled battery+carto in the portable charging case (which, again, alleviates whatever battery concerns I might've had).

(Bigger batteries will fit in the charging case, but not with a carto attached.)

- Halo's warranty is 60 days for batteries. It's 90 days for standard chargers. The return period is 30 days, IIRC.

- We only received the five pre-filled cartos with the G6 starter kit. Like you, I've seen youtube videos showing two extra (empty) cartos in a previous version of the starter kit too, but the case in the current starter kit is far nicer than the rounded tin that the old package included. I'm assuming that's the difference. Personally I'd rather have a better case, but YMMV.

Now, I admittedly have a bit of an advantage; since I was ordering for two people, I could afford to buy both the G6 and the Triton at the same time, basically guilt-free. Although I much prefer the Triton now, I was initially envious of my wife's G6. I think all (or most) of us long-time smokers need to go through an adjustment period with the more familiar cig-a-like form factor to convince us to dive into the vaping scene. The flavor of cartomizers is definitely more cigarette-like too.

That said, I think that if I had to choose one thing to buy in retrospect, it'd be a Triton. Then again, and based on all that I've read (and based on experience with both disposable Green Smoke cig-a-likes and the G6), I think that you'll be much happier with the G6 than you are with Blu. Hard to go wrong here.

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
I feel I should add to the above: I've heard good things about Smokeless Image's Volt, by the way, and from what I understand all of Smokeless Image's Volt hardware is compatible with the G6, and vice-versa. It isn't my intention to tout the G6 at the Volt's expense; I just don't have any personal experience with the Volt.

Skymutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Steel City, PA, USA
Thanks for the assist, Ful. I was definitely mistaking the 30 day return policy for the warranty, that makes a big difference. Any idea if Halo ever offers member discounts here and such? I'm still taking my time and researching, but I've got the G6, Volt, and Revolver's G2 at the top of my short list as of now, and while I'm nowhere near making up my mind, I'm starting to compare overall pricing. I just wish there were more reviews and comparisons of the recent versions of all three.

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Thanks for the assist, Ful. I was definitely mistaking the 30 day return policy for the warranty, that makes a big difference. Any idea if Halo ever offers member discounts here and such? I'm still taking my time and researching, but I've got the G6, Volt, and Revolver's G2 at the top of my short list as of now, and while I'm nowhere near making up my mind, I'm starting to compare overall pricing. I just wish there were more reviews and comparisons of the recent versions of all three.

Yeah, the learning curve here in vapeland is pretty steep. It can seem as if there's both too much and too little information for the uninitiated.

If you type "ECFTEN" in the coupon box at checkout, you'll get a 10% discount on all Halo juice orders of $20 or more. That's the only standing discount of which I'm aware. I wish you luck in your search. :)

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
i highly reccomend the g6.
i have both g6 and triton.
and i don't like the taste much with the triton tank.
although i do like to use the g6 tank on my triton battery and it looks super nice with the cone

you will not be dissapointed in the g6. go with the longer battery and i prefer the manuel button.

i have purchased several brands now and halo is by far superior.

if i had it to do over again, that's what i would get.
triton starter kit a g6 mini tank. atleast one for every ejuice flavor.

my favorite ejuice flavor has been the mystic menthol.
and that's from about 30 different flavors i've tried from other companies as well.

havnt tried malibu yet, that one is on the way.
but i cant get enough mystic. i ran out a week ago and my vaping experience hasn't been the same with out it.

if you get the g6 i recommend highly getting atleast one drip tip.
makes it taste soooo good.

good luck in your decision making.

Skymutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Steel City, PA, USA
Gee, I forgot about this thread for a while, sorry.

Thanks for your input Ladies, and genderunknown (Fulg)

There were some nice finds in the classifieds, and I got a couple practically new G6 batts (72mm auto, and 102mm man) a few cartos, and a T4 clearo, and a couple lightly used SI Volt batts (65, 72mm auto) with a couple Vision Nano style clearos. Been tasting the juice i got for a week or so on both batts and a combo of the 'mizers. haven't hit a situation outside the house where I've had to recharge, so I don't have much of an idea which has the better capacity for me.

I also got a bunch of juice to taste, and so far I'm undecided on all but two or three. Two I'm loving, and the third sucked on the first try.
(but I might give it another)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread