Not open for further replies.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
I think this has been discussed in Media or Legisltion? (If not, my apologies). You are correct in saying it should be discussed here instead, though. The problem is that if it is already covered elsewhere then doing the same again here is not supported because that would mean the same topic is spread across multiple boards and threads, and a search for it would not produce a clear result.

If anything, the discussion should be moved here; but the problem is that it gets a lot more attention in Media or wherever, not so many people come down here...

Sorry about breaking the link but we don't like giving pharmaceutical industry propaganda any link juice. This is a respectable site.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
It looks as if the German Cancer Centre regularly spews out this kind of rubbish. Dr K Farsalinos, the cardiologist and researcher, has discussed the latest episode here:

German Cancer Research Center and the case of formaldehyde in e-cigarettes - Countless mistakes, impressive misinformation

It tells you all you need to know about these liars (they have taken some junk science and then lied about the implications of it). Dr Farsalinos clearly points out how they are basing propaganda on lies, misrepresentation, misinformation, and omission.

These cases are normally based on crackpot ideology, or pharmaceutical industry funding, or a mix of the two. For medics to lie about the science, and deliberately try to obstruct public health advances, indicates there is a problem with some sort of a conflict - either ethical, financial, or both. In a perfect world such people would be struck off and/or prevented by law from working in any field related to health.

vapmex

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2012
Mexico
This is just my humble opinion, as vapers we should encourage the improvement of the e-cigs in all terms (performance, healthiness, Etc.) and not just criticize everything that appears on the media.... I agree in what Dr Farsalinos points out but at the same time we should try to understand what systems are giving these substances.... on other article I learnt that Formaldehyde was only generated in VG liquids (Not PG) so why not make more research on the subject?? On other article it pointed out that some metals and fibers were found in cartomizers.... so then let's move on and look for the root causes and see if there are other healthier systems.

We should not lost the focus that e-cigarrete is a new technlogy and we are still on baby-diapers about knowing the possible pros and cons of it. Also I am 100% sure that this technology is perfectible.

It looks as if the German Cancer Centre regularly spews out this kind of rubbish. Dr K Farsalinos, the cardiologist and researcher, has discussed the latest episode here:

German Cancer Research Center and the case of formaldehyde in e-cigarettes - Countless mistakes, impressive misinformation

It tells you all you need to know about these liars (they have taken some junk science and then lied about the implications of it). Dr Farsalinos clearly points out how they are basing propaganda on lies, misrepresentation, misinformation, and omission.

These cases are normally based on crackpot ideology, or pharmaceutical industry funding, or a mix of the two. For medics to lie about the science, and deliberately try to obstruct public health advances, indicates there is a problem with some sort of a conflict - either ethical, financial, or both. In a perfect world such people would be struck off and/or prevented by law from working in any field related to health.

Brusky

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2013
PNW
I only read the Health Effects portion, and from what I can tell he seems to be unbiased.

He also mentions about finding nickel and chroium particulates and states "Since there is no safe threshold value for these substances, it cannot be excluded that using electronic cigarettes increases cancer risk, even though these substances may be present in very small amounts.

In my opinion I think it is a good thing to have an opposition for e-cigs, because only then can we solidify an answer as to whether e-cigs are safe or how safe it is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread