Getting Infected: Best Atty for Teh Virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Herro NT family!

So, I got my 15mL of The Virus (I HAS TEH VIRUS!!!!!!) and my goodness is this juice complex. I think I like it, I can't quite tell yet though. I have only used it in a dripper and the NET is really strong that way. I kind of want to tone that down a bit, then I'm sure I'll be fully infected.

So, I just wanted to see what atty everyone prefers to use to vape H1N1?

Is it better in a Kayfun style tank? I have both the KFL+ V2 and Orchid V2.

Or is it best in a clearo? I have a nautilus that hasn't been used in almost a year (I think thats when I got it... who knows).

To anyone that responds, please include: 1) The atty you're using 2) The build you have on it (single/dual, number of wraps, kanthal gauge, and mandrel) 3) A picture of your build (everyone loves pictures)

Also, as for steep time... What flavor notes tend to come out the longer you steep?

Thanks for reading and taking the time to respond!

Vape Happy,

Cullin Kin

Last edited:

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
What nic level do you have there CK? And while we're at it, What device are you using to fire your atty's?

Hello Mista Distorto! I'm at NZ bumped to 1.5mg/mL (do that with all my juices), and I was using a plume veil on a 4Nine. I have a Cana 30W that I run my Kayfun on though. :)

I haven't tried it on anything else yet, just been letting it steep until I can decide what to do.

I'm all set for whatever people suggest... As long as it isn't a Reo. I know it's the only NT approved device but I has no moneys for that right now.

What cha thinking?

keepsmiling

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Florida
I like putting something like CLS, CB, or wakonda, with a little bit of the virus. I like the virus pretty fresh. For me,I like it in my Kayfun. I use 6 mg juice. I think I am at 8 wraps on a 5/64 drill bit, 28 GA. 1.5 ohm on my Provari mini. Not sure if it has to do with living in FL or what, but I have found I needed to start buying smaller bottles of wakonda and the virus, and just get it more often. I am not fond of it when it gets 'well steeped'. It gets dark and syrupy.

Last edited:

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
I have both KF's and a Plumy and I'm thinking a 28g 2mm coil built to 1.0 ohms in your KF parked on top of the Cana( have used this set up with my Hana) would work quite well. This way you can play around with the wattage and monitor the voltage as well as to find your sweet spot. I'd start around 8 watts and bump up from there. Of the top of my head, a 1.0 ohm coil @2mm should be around a 4-5 wrap I believe but I'm at work and don't have access to my notes.

I'll attach a couple of photo's that I have in my phone......

KF Wick...This one is 28g/2mm and built to 1.2 ohms for a Provari...

BXm7LQS.jpg

And this one is the current set up I'm using for Katy's Virus ( dual 2mm 28g razor wire coils built to 0.7 ohms with a X over wick) in my TOBH topped Gus Lord.

YoTp5ww.jpg

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Oh and P.S...To answer your inquiry as to flavors and steep time, The Virus is a true chameleon of sorts and can be petty in your face FOB. It can change flavors from day to day and can often pop out hints of Maple syrup, waffles, a bit of cinnamon, peanuts, vanilla and tobacco of course.

The more you let it steep, the better it gets but it is also a marvelous liquid to enjoy all the way through it's changes on the way to when it lands.

Me thinks it 's safe to say that you are already infected! :p

Last edited:

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
I love it in a dripper type atty at .4-.5 ohms 7/6 28ga. dual tension micro coils just a little bigger than 1/16". That's about 35-44 watts on fresh batteries and it loves the heat. I've used it in a Nautilus at about 11-12 watts, and on a mech with MutationX with the airflow closed off a good bit. And I know you said not too but I have got the best out of it in an RM4 or Magma type atty on the Reo. :lol:

I have not been able to let mine steep too long because I vape the heck out of this stuff, sometimes 12+ml's a day, but I have noticed the longer I let it steep I get a lot more maple, and cinnamon flavor out of it.

I'll add some pics later when I dry burn and wick, my coils are kind of gunky from chain vaping The Virus, Wakonda, and Sure Bert on both mods. :D

Edit: Almost forgot -1 interwebs for me #infected!!!

Last edited:

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Oh and P.S...To answer your inquiry as to flavors and steep time, The Virus is a true chameleon of sorts and can be petty in your face FOB. It can change flavors from day to day and can often pop out hints of Maple syrup, waffles, a bit of cinnamon, peanuts, vanilla and tobacco of course.

The more you let it steep, the better it gets but it is also a marvelous liquid to enjoy all the way through it's changes on the way to when it lands.

Me thinks it 's safe to say that you are already infected! :p

Thanks to those who have replied so far! Distorto, I will definitely try this build out. Thanks for the suggestion! Right now on my Kayfun I use 26g wrapped 8 times on a 3.25mm mandrel for 1.2 ohms but I think that allows too much wick on the deck so I've been looking to change it up. Btdubs, that wick setup is gorgeous.

I'm still open to other suggestions! Kanthal and wick are cheap! I think it will be interesting to see what everyone's sweet spot is with the same juice.

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
I vape The Virus in a Kayfun 1.2 Ohm coil with cotton pads on a Semovar to arrive at 12 watts. There are a lot of people who like the wattage higher with Virus, but that is my sweet spot with it. I have tried it in a TOBH, Veritas, and Magma (tasty buy rather strong after a while). I have had it in protanks, dome, taifun but I like the Kayfun best for Virus. I will bet not one person on the forum prefers it the exact same way as another person :) I say that like it is a good thing, btw.

Soignee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Austin>SWFL
plus.google.com
Herro NT family!

So, I got my 15mL of The Virus (I HAS TEH VIRUS!!!!!!) and my goodness is this juice complex. I think I like it, I can't quite tell yet though. I have only used it in a dripper and the NET is really strong that way. I kind of want to tone that down a bit, then I'm sure I'll be fully infected.

So, I just wanted to see what atty everyone prefers to use to vape H1N1?

Is it better in a Kayfun style tank? I have both the KFL+ V2 and Orchid V2.

Or is it best in a clearo? I have a Nautilus that hasn't been used in almost a year (I think thats when I got it... who knows).

To anyone that responds, please include: 1) The atty you're using 2) The build you have on it (single/dual, number of wraps, kanthal gauge, and mandrel) 3) A picture of your build (everyone loves pictures)

Also, as for steep time... What flavor notes tend to come out the longer you steep?

Thanks for reading and taking the time to respond!

Vape Happy,

Cullin Kin

Well Cullin, it's safe to say your #infection has caused a lisp in your typing for sure...
I've thrown in in Kayfun, Orchid, Lemo, Magma, TOBH, RM2. Tastes great in all of them. Tastes completely different in all of them.
I've tasted it on singles and duals. Tastes great on both. Tastes different on both.
I scored some from April 2014 and it is really mellow at that steep.
I'm a fail on the pics.:facepalm: Let me know who to send my brownie points to please! :laugh:

Newportlocal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
Orange County,Calif.
I usually do around 6 wraps at around 2.5 mm on my screwdriver to get my 1 ohm single coil on my Erlkonigin from 9.3 watts up to 11 watts on my DNA. I have taken it up to 25-30 watts with no ill effect except going through my battery quicker than I would like. I have done micro coils too, but I like the larger diameter for super easy wicking.:)

cuse4ever

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2014
tennessee
I love it in a dripper type atty at .4-.5 ohms 7/6 28ga. dual tension micro coils just a little bigger than 1/16". That's about 35-44 watts on fresh batteries and it loves the heat. I've used it in a Nautilus at about 11-12 watts, and on a mech with MutationX with the airflow closed off a good bit. And I know you said not too but I have got the best out of it in an RM4 or Magma type atty on the Reo. :lol:

I have not been able to let mine steep too long because I vape the heck out of this stuff, sometimes 12+ml's a day, but I have noticed the longer I let it steep I get a lot more maple, and cinnamon flavor out of it.

I'll add some pics later when I dry burn and wick, my coils are kind of gunky from chain vaping The Virus, Wakonda, and Sure Bert on both mods. :D

Edit: Almost forgot -1 interwebs for me #infected!!!

aha! i was dripping the virus this morning and couldn't figure out what "new" flavor i was tasting. it was cinnamon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread