Status
Not open for further replies.

shurpacabra

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
hello ecf, and happy vaping.

I currently have a ProTank II and an AeroTank in my rotation, but would like to add to the collection in the near future. I am aware of the Aspire Nautilus tank (at a whopping 5ml if im not mistaken), but am not sure about many others. Ive heard mention of Phiniac and SmokTech but haven't really looked into them or heard much in detail. What pyrex tanks do you guys have experience with, and what do you recommend? Thanks and vape on!

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
A 5ml is good, for me, when I am away all day. I have two.

SmokTech has the Trophy v2 that is glass. It is a PT2 clone, but holds 3ml. I really like mine. I have 7-8 tanks, most are PT2 or Trophy v2. Simple, no worries. I have lost the O-rings that seal the glass inside when washing tanks. Careful there.

I want to get into a good RBA, but I am getting ready to do a lot of traveling...it will have to wait.

keonee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
USA
I really enjoy the Aspire Nautilus. It holds 5 ml of e-liquid and is super easy to fill. It's a glass tank but you can always buy a stainless steel replacement tank. Coils are very expensive tho. I do rebuild the coils to cut the cost.

There's a new Protank Mega coming out soon. It will hold 3.8ml , pyrex tank and stainless tube is replaceable. I was able to see one at the VapeBash this weekend....very nice.

shurpacabra

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I really enjoy the Aspire Nautilus. It holds 5 ml of e-liquid and is super easy to fill. It's a glass tank but you can always buy a stainless steel replacement tank. Coils are very expensive tho. I do rebuild the coils to cut the cost.

There's a new Protank Mega coming out soon. It will hold 3.8ml , pyrex tank and stainless tube is replaceable. I was able to see one at the VapeBash this weekend....very nice.

how expensive are the coils? are they interchangeable with any other coils?
ill look into the PTMega as well, sounds interesting.

Stringplucker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
Tarentum, PA, USA
I just got my Nautilus in today, and it is Pyrex. I would be interested in a wire cage to cover the glass, kind of like an old industrial light bulb cage, if they were to make one. 28 years as a tool and die maker has caused me to enjoy industrial looking things...and it would be cool if they were available. Until then, I've ordered a cut stainless tank for it. It should be here next week.

GeorgeWachsmuth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2014
Riverhead, NY, USA
I just got my Nautilus in today, and it is Pyrex. I would be interested in a wire cage to cover the glass, kind of like an old industrial light bulb cage, if they were to make one. 28 years as a tool and die maker has caused me to enjoy industrial looking things...and it would be cool if they were available. Until then, I've ordered a cut stainless tank for it. It should be here next week.

Making Mods and RBAs could be in your future! ;)

jjordan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
Fairbury, Nebraska
I have only recently started vaping but I have these kick .... 8ml Vivi Nova tanks which I got off of eBay and the really cool thing was they didn't come from China I got them in two days and they are perfect for when you're going to be gone all day long cause face it how much more stuff does a woman need to throw in her purse? Seriously lol they are already full of crap and we can't pack our juice in our purse too. So I love those tanks and plan on buying more. I know this was off of your topic but I wanted to share the 8ml option. :)

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
hello ecf, and happy vaping.

I currently have a ProTank II and an AeroTank in my rotation, but would like to add to the collection in the near future. I am aware of the Aspire Nautilus tank (at a whopping 5ml if im not mistaken), but am not sure about many others. Ive heard mention of Phiniac and SmokTech but haven't really looked into them or heard much in detail. What pyrex tanks do you guys have experience with, and what do you recommend? Thanks and vape on!

1640100-1.jpg

miniprotank2.

eGo threaded.

the phiniac is a cartotank for disposable cartomizers;
smoktech has the aro; which is like the miniprotank but with a metal jacket protector;
they made a few other interesting tanks like .. i forget (PBC?) but there was one with a glass on inside but outer plastic. but mostly they have cartotanks - the DCT line of tanks.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Phiniac is a great carto tank and worth the premium price on looks alone. IBTanked is other great (pyrex) carto tank and will cost less. IBTanked offers a lot of different tank sizes to match different carto sizes and user preferences for capacity. Carto tanks are a good choice for those who want more vapor production than clearo wick systems will provide and don't want to deal with very high wattage vaping and winding coils.

shurpacabra

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I have only recently started vaping but I have these kick .... 8ml Vivi Nova tanks which I got off of eBay and the really cool thing was they didn't come from China I got them in two days and they are perfect for when you're going to be gone all day long cause face it how much more stuff does a woman need to throw in her purse? Seriously lol they are already full of crap and we can't pack our juice in our purse too. So I love those tanks and plan on buying more. I know this was off of your topic but I wanted to share the 8ml option. :)

8ML?! that's crazy! not in a bad way haha. i definitely don't need that capacity but that's pretty sweet to know

shurpacabra

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
1640100-1.jpg

miniprotank2.

eGo threaded.

the phiniac is a cartotank for disposable cartomizers;
smoktech has the aro; which is like the miniprotank but with a metal jacket protector;
they made a few other interesting tanks like .. i forget (PBC?) but there was one with a glass on inside but outer plastic. but mostly they have cartotanks - the DCT line of tanks.

yeah that reminds me a lot of the protank actually, except for that one piece which i assume is the metal jacket protector you mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread