Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikedin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
western new york
I am planning to try my first dyi juice and want to stay in the $35-40 range id like to make a 12mg nic custard flavor in the 30pg/70vg range and am looking for help in where to purchase the liquids in the best bulk prices

Where would the best places to buy the juices at and would my budget be possible and what volume would it get me.
Thanks for anybody in advance that can help me out with this!

RiceBurner95

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2014
Leeds, AL
Wizard Labs has always been my go to place for flavors, and Nude Nicotine for nicotine. $40 should be able to get you a pint each of PG and VG (from Amazon), 50ml of 100mg nicotine, and ~8 or so flavors to start with. That should be enough to make 500-1000 ml of juice. You'll probably run out of flavors before anything else. Supplies like syringes and bottles will cost a little more on top of the $40.

Make it $60 and you could get a quart each of VG and PG, a few extra flavors and syringes and bottles and be good to go for ~1000-2000ml of juice.

Mikedin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
western new york
Wizard Labs has always been my go to place for flavors, and Nude Nicotine for nicotine. $40 should be able to get you a pint each of PG and VG (from Amazon), 50ml of 100mg nicotine, and ~8 or so flavors to start with. That should be enough to make 500-1000 ml of juice. You'll probably run out of flavors before anything else. Supplies like syringes and bottles will cost a little more on top of the $40.

Make it $60 and you could get a quart each of VG and PG, a few extra flavors and syringes and bottles and be good to go for ~1000-2000ml of juice.

I'd defenitly be interested in that... Have never done it before so how exactly would I make a 30/70 and say...a 18mg nic level in the main juice before flavoring? I get say 25/75 use 3/4 vg that's easy but how do I determine how much nic juice to add to that?

I'd probably cut that in half or quarter it make a bit of higher nic level (full18mg nic) then make the rest 6mg or so with flavors

RiceBurner95

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2014
Leeds, AL
There are plenty of phone apps and websites that will help you calculate quantities. I'm usually doing it old school and just using math. I make 20ml small mixes most of the time, so if I'm shooting for 80VG/20PG, I'll use 16ml VG and 4ml PG, then I'll figure out how much nicotine I need (which is usually 3mg strength for me) and add that. Then I add my flavors. That isn't all that accurate, because you aren't taking into account the quantity of the flavors added to the mix total, but it works for me.

I have a 1ml syringe for flavors and nicotine, and a 10ml syringe for pg and vg. I need to get a larger syringe or a set of graduated beakers for my larger batches, but I'm lazy and forgetful, so I just fill up the 10ml syringe multiple times.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I tend to like about 30p/70v in my mixes. I use about 30% flavoring (sometimes less, depending on flavors) and then top with the requisite amount of nic (VG) and plain VG.

What nic base are you using? Right now, I have 48, but I recently got a batch of 60. So, for your consideration, in a 10mL bottle, I'd need 4mL nic (all VG), 3mL flavorings and plain PG, and 3mL plain VG. That technically gets me at 19.2mg/mL juice at 30p/70v

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
If it's advice your looking for on how to get started you came to the right place.

My blogs will give insight into all aspects of DYI, from steeping to what supplies to have on hand to a basic walk through mixing your first E-juice.

E-Cigarette Forum - dannyv45 - Blogs

Then read hoosier's blogs. These blogs concentrate on fine tuning your mix and give insight on additives.

E-Cigarette Forum - Hoosier - Blogs

Then read Boletus's blog's. These blogs concentrate on formulation of nicotine bases regarding proper calculations methods for figuring Nicotine concentration as well as safety.

E-Cigarette Forum - Boletus - Blogs

Then read Ginger's book "E-Cigarettes 102: DIY E-Liquid". It is a book which I've contributed to that delivers an in depth easy to follow guide in the art of DYI.

E-Cigarettes 102: DIY E-Liquid

I recommend viewing VPLive Vape Team Episode #82: DIY Safety and bookmark it for future reference. It explains safety in all aspects of DYI.

VPLive Vape Team Episode #82: DIY Safety

then read the stickies at the top of the page.

this will explain a lot of the how's and why's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread