Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
Goss a mod maker that I admire and have a product of, created a 30w Reo Grand.

It would have been better if he kept the bottom feeding part. However, he said some great things about how the reo is the most durable mod out of any mod ever created. I can agree with him on that. I have two Reos in my collection going to add a third soon and I think when Reos have subohm it will be the perfect mod.

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
Strap me in chair, put eye lid openers on me and make me watch this video for hours and I'll break. I'll confess to anything and everything. "Yes I did it. I bought a Provari. Yes, I dropped my Reo on concrete. I bought pyramid teabags in 2010. Stop, stop! I stole cookies out of the cookie jar. I put my battery in upside down. Just stop! WHAAAAA.

Last edited:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Strap me in chair, put eye lid openers on me and make me watch this video for hours and I'll break. I'll confess to anything and everything. "Yes I did it. I bought a Provari. Yes, I dropped my Reo on concrete. I bought pyramid teabags in 2010. Stop, stop! I stole cookies out of the cookie jar. I put my battery in upside down. Just stop! WHAAAAA.

Laurin, I'm sooooo with you on this. Ha. I don't have anything to say about the video or the idiocy involved......but I wanted to tell you I was cleaning out my pantry about a month ago and ran across my box of pyramid tea bags! LOL. Also, I was going through a drawer the other day and found a whole bag of blue foam from Pet Smart. Ah, the good ol' days!

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
Laurin, I'm sooooo with you on this. Ha. I don't have anything to say about the video or the idiocy involved......but I wanted to tell you I was cleaning out my pantry about a month ago and ran across my box of pyramid tea bags! LOL. Also, I was going through a drawer the other day and found a whole bag of blue foam from Pet Smart. Ah, the good ol' days!

LOL..I wonder if that tea was any good? I wonder if these kids today have any idea how good they have it. "When I was your age I used to walk 3 miles to the vape store. I made 60 cents an hour but I could buy 15 ml of nic juice for 15 cents. When times were rough we would dismantle toasters to get the wire to make our own coils. Ya'll have no clue how good ya got it. Now get the hell off my lawn."

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
LOL..I wonder if that tea was any good? I wonder if these kids today have any idea how good they have it. "When I was your age I used to walk 3 miles to the vape store. I made 60 cents an hour but I could buy 15 ml of nic juice for 15 cents. When times were rough we would dismantle toasters to get the wire to make our own coils. Ya'll have no clue how good ya got it. Now get the hell off my lawn."

:lol: Exactly. I don't think I drank any of the tea. It was Lipton, and the kind I got was Black Tea. I was into Green Tea at the time, so I don't think I ever tried it. If I did, it obviously wasn't awesome or memorable.

ADDIT: I remember we did all that (and more!) for better wicking, but also so that we could get 16 drops of juice (instead of 13) into an atty cartridge. Remember? That was even before many people started dripping. I would fill several cartridges and put the little silicon caps on them, put them in a Baggie, put the Baggie in a sunglasses case along with two or three 650 mAh eGo batteries that I had decorated with fingernail jewelry, and head out for the day.......very smug because I had graduate from the Joyetech 510 kit to the Big Time.

Last edited:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
:lol: Exactly. I don't think I drank any of the tea. It was Lipton, and the kind I got was Black Tea. I was into Green Tea at the time, so I don't think I ever tried it. If I did, it obviously wasn't awesome or memorable.

ADDIT: I remember we did all that (and more!) for better wicking, but also so that we could get 16 drops of juice (instead of 13) into an atty cartridge. Remember? That was even before many people started dripping. I would fill several cartridges and put the little silicon caps on them, put them in a Baggie, put the Baggie in a sunglasses case along with two or three 650 mAh eGo batteries that I had decorated with fingernail jewelry, and head out for the day.......very smug because I had graduate from the Joyetech 510 kit to the Big Time.

It didn't matter if I put 5, 13, or 16 drops in those carts....they still wound up flooding my atty at some point!!!! I could never get them to hold liquid up inside them at all!!

Love my Duke but I find this pointless. In fact, I find the DNA 30 pointless simply because there are chips that can do way more for way less.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, if you wrap the right coil and know you ohms law, properly, you don't even need a dna device... To me it is a waste of so much money all together. I would rather pick up a couple more grands for what one dna device costs right now....

NickCA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2013
United States
Love my Duke but I find this pointless. In fact, I find the DNA 30 pointless simply because there are chips that can do way more for way less.

Agreed regarding the DNA 30. I have a Ranger (an OKR-T10 mod) that can push out 50 watts. Got it for $140. I don't understand why the DNA 30 chip is so much more in comparison to an OKR.

That said, I don't know why everyone in this thread is freaking out over Goss turning a Grand into a non-BF DNA 30 mod. My Grand is far-and-away my favorite mod, but it's still just that - a mod. A great mod, mind you, but one that's widely available. There's nothing wrong with tinkering and experimenting. It's how Rob came up with the Reo in the first place.

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
In Goss' defense, he has a Reo Grand and loves it! He said he was going to mod a Reo and make it a DNA30 mod because "the form factor, design, and craftsmanship just begs for it". He also said that the cut outs are great and just perfect for a DNA30.

Don't think of it as Goss destroying a "Reo" but rather Goss paying tribute to the perfection of its form factor, materials, cractsmanship, etc.

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
Agreed regarding the DNA 30. I have a Ranger (an OKR-T10 mod) that can push out 50 watts. Got it for $140. I don't understand why the DNA 30 chip is so much more in comparison to an OKR.

That said, I don't know why everyone in this thread is freaking out over Goss turning a Grand into a non-BF DNA 30 mod. My Grand is far-and-away my favorite mod, but it's still just that - a mod. A great mod, mind you, but one that's widely available. There's nothing wrong with tinkering and experimenting. It's how Rob came up with the Reo in the first place.
I have a Ranger coming. #81. Going to be a loooong wait.

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
In Goss' defense, he has a Reo Grand and loves it! He said he was going to mod a Reo and make it a DNA30 mod because "the form factor, design, and craftsmanship just begs for it". He also said that the cut outs are great and just perfect for a DNA30.

Don't think of it as Goss destroying a "Reo" but rather Goss paying tribute to the perfection of its form factor, materials, cractsmanship, etc.

the man needs no defense. more power to him.

i just don't see the point simply because it's no longer a bottom-feeder. (which is sorta kinda the point of a Reo)

good for him. he made a video. yay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread