Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings guys and gals,

I've been really enjoying the Halo G6 since I ordered the starter kit a month back. I've tried both blank cartridges and Tribeca at 6mg.

One thing I've noticed is the Tribeca filled (from the factory) cartridges out perform the blanks (filled with various 50/50 juices) by MILES. Anyone else experiencing similar differences?

* The draw is effortless with the Tribeca ones, while the ones I fill with something like Mountain Oak Vapor Classic Country RY4 or Ahlusion Kona Kick.

* When refilling any G6 cartridge with juice, I carefully add about 5-10 drops (via mouth end, to the side, not down the center hole) depending on how dry the polyfill looks after a couple days of use, but it always leaks out of the bottom.

* I experience raspy-ness from other juices in the G6 carts, while something like Tribeca is so smooth I almost don't get any throat hit.

* Are these carts made to be used for 200ish puffs, then tossed away when the infamous burning taste occurs?

In any case, just trying to find that sweet spot where I can successfully use these carts for a couple weeks of refills, like other people report having been able to do. So far, when I attempt a refill or use a blank with a non-Halo juice, it's just not working out too hot for me.

Thanks!

-Happy Halon-

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
i havent used carto's in a while, but i remember the blanks being every bit as good for me as the pre-filled.

i had carto's last me numerous refills and only gave up on them after a couple of months of use (using the same flavor with each refill at least).

the basic technology behind a carto isn't too drastic between companies, so i dont think it should make a lot of difference as to what juice you try or if it's pre-filled vs blank.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
The only cartos I've used were pre-filled with Tribeca. I've been able to reuse them, some since Feb. the only problems have been letting them get too low and burning them. Someone here mentioned how the flavor becomes perfect, full, and warm just a few puffs before it goes dry. So true! That's how I burnt mine.

About refilling and leaking, Tribeca is a thick liquid, making it easy to add to cartos without leaking. When I add Turkish to one that had Tribeca, I have to go slower and wait longer before adding more drops. It is more prone to running through the carto before the polyfill has a chance to absorb it. Other thin halo juices are the same. From 30 ml bottle droppers, I'm finding it's best to add slowly and no more than 10 drops, unless the carto is dry. 2 or 3 drops - wait a few minutes - 2 or 3 drops...

As for the raspy-ness, could it be that your other juices are harsher? Tribeca is uniquely smooth. Halo's Torque mixed with a little Turkish (which I am vaping now) has a bite. But sometimes that's the TH you want.

Thanks, guys! I've noticed I have a bad stomach pain reaction to PG, and with the Halo juice being 50+% in PG, I'm gonna open up my new pack of blanks at home tonight and slowly fill them with RY4.

I really appreciate the tip on filling slowly. I think I've possibly been adding to much juice too quickly to the polyfill. I'll go a couple drops at a time.

The main thing I'm finding is the guessing game of when to fill the carto before it burns and goes permanently bad is tough. Tanks have been less hassle, so I may step away from cartos at some point soon - but I'll be darned if I don't love the cigalike feeling in my hand :)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Thanks, guys! I've noticed I have a bad stomach pain reaction to PG, and with the Halo juice being 50+% in PG, I'm gonna open up my new pack of blanks at home tonight and slowly fill them with RY4.

I really appreciate the tip on filling slowly. I think I've possibly been adding to much juice too quickly to the polyfill. I'll go a couple drops at a time.

The main thing I'm finding is the guessing game of when to fill the carto before it burns and goes permanently bad is tough. Tanks have been less hassle, so I may step away from cartos at some point soon - but I'll be darned if I don't love the cigalike feeling in my hand :)

I agree with you there about enjoying the feel of the G6. Strangely, I don't like Tribeca in the tanks but really enjoy it in the cartos. It tends to clog the mini-tanks really quickly. You have my sympathy because it would be a sad day if I couldn't tolerate Halo's liquids.

You probably know this part, but you will want to add the drops evenly around the carto. You can also find instructions for adding via the condom (rubber caps the cartos are shipped in) method. I haven't tried it, but others claim it is a better method. Yes, not being able to see when to refill is frustrating. You get the feel for it based on how you vape them each day, and how quickly your liquid vapes.

Lucienbel

Mar 5, 2014
Boston
I found, as others have suggested, slowly filling the carts works well. Beyond that, I also let them sit so the atomizer end of the cart was facing downward and all the juice could fill in that direction. I found 15-20 drops worked best when filling if I let them get low enough...when the cartridge is close to full, I find it turns from more of a white color to actually looking like something that's been sitting in liquid...if that makes sense. After a while you'll begin to get a feel of how much juice etc. you need to add.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Hello and welcome CuppaJoe!

By raspy, I assume you mean a raspy throat? Or do you mean a raspy sound?

If raspy throat, you may be getting dry hits due to using a thicker juice that is not feeding too well through the carto.

Or you may just not be getting enough liquid in the carto to begin with and then you are experiencing dry hits as the carto is drying out.

My bet would be the latter.

I'd suggest the carto condo method of re-filling in that case.

If you mean raspy sound, cartos will make that sound when they are full. It will gradually diminish as the carto empties.

Your cartos will not last for 200 puffs.

You will need to top them off fairly often. It is easier to do this if you have a drip tip fitted as opposed to the little white silicon cap. I tend to top off when the sound that the carto is making smooths out in fact.

Another good indication that you need to refill is - surprise! - when you start to get a slight scratchy feeling in the back of your throat.

That is an insipid dry hit happening right there. This is what I think you are experiencing.

Now, I knd of like it when the cartos start to get down towards empty. But if you take it too far in that direction you will burn your carto and then it is toast.

HTH

I finally found a use for cartos with my halo set up. I got some highbrow vapor tabac de perique and with a carto it fills the need that analogs gave me.

I love my halo juice, but I still need to get off that full tobacco flavor.

For filling I use a different method than the cart condo. I leave the bottom condom on with the spike up the tube and slowly drop 3-5 drops and wait. Usually takes about 12-15 to fill a carto for me and there's something about the whole ritual that makes me feel kind of like those old cuban guys hand rolling cigars. I've had a couple smoker friends try my "hand filled" cartos and they treat me like that old cuban guy hand rolling cigars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evie Luv

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey CuppaJoe and Welcome!!! :banana: Thinner PG juice will soak into the poly quicker, so I add 4-5 drops all around the edge while tilting the carto and rotate while I fill it. Then I sit it down for a minute. I have a 100% VG juice that is extremely thick. I can only add 1-2 drops at a time to let it soak into the poly and I have to let it sit about 3 minutes before I add more. Also if your in a hurry you can "shake down" the juice like you would a thermometer.

In a new carto, I usually get 25 drops into it. If you fill slowly avoiding the center tube letting it soak in good you should not have any leaking. You can tell it is finally "full" when the poly looks mushy glazed on the top. After getting it completely full, I still allow it to sit about 10 minutes standing up. I then check the battery end to make sure I didn't overfill and have leaks. If there is juice on the battery end I clean it with a Q-tip soaked in isopropyl alchohol.

Like Saundhaus was saying I too love the whole ritual of being patient and taking my time filling cartos, it is soothing and relaxing for me. An empty carto will hold 1 ml of juice. You can use a syringe to fill quicker by just putting the needle down the side of the polyfill or you can use the "condom method" fill a condom that doesn't have the center post with just over half of juice then slowly press the carto into the condom with the battery end NOT the poly end and let it just sit there and soak it all up. Just make sure you clean the battery end of the carto after using this method. :)

Like jwbnyc said that raspy sound is the carto being over full just vape through it and it will normal out for you.

I don't really wash or clean my cartos. I dedicate it to a flavor and then just refill as needed. When a carto comes near the end of it's life it will start to taste airy, less vapor and less satisfying. When it is toast you will have a gawd awful severly burnt taste that you will never want to repeat. :) My cartos usually last about 2 months or 5-6 complete refills. They will last longer keeping them topped off instead of letting it get too low before refilling.

Also juices like Voodoo or darker juices will gunk it up quicker so those cartos won't last as long as the clear thinner juices. And if your getting "dry hits" your juice is either too thick and isn't wicking well, I have a 100% VG that is like this, when this happens you can shake the juice down or slow down on your vaping. I think we all tend to just keep puffing away like it is an analog. Like DaveOno reminds me, it's okay to put it down between toots. ;)

Hello and welcome CuppaJoe!

By raspy, I assume you mean a raspy throat? Or do you mean a raspy sound?

If raspy throat, you may be getting dry hits due to using a thicker juice that is not feeding too well through the carto.

Or you may just not be getting enough liquid in the carto to begin with and then you are experiencing dry hits as the carto is drying out.

My bet would be the latter.

I'd suggest the carto condo method of re-filling in that case.

If you mean raspy sound, cartos will make that sound when they are full. It will gradually diminish as the carto empties.

Your cartos will not last for 200 puffs.

You will need to top them off fairly often. It is easier to do this if you have a drip tip fitted as opposed to the little white silicon cap. I tend to top off when the sound that the carto is making smooths out in fact.

Another good indication that you need to refill is - surprise! - when you start to get a slight scratchy feeling in the back of your throat.

That is an insipid dry hit happening right there. This is what I think you are experiencing.

Now, I knd of like it when the cartos start to get down towards empty. But if you take it too far in that direction you will burn your carto and then it is toast.

HTH

Thanks very much for the helpful info! Yep, I mean raspyness in terms of throat hit/mouth feel.

I'll be sure to make note of dripping more often and making sure I don't get to the infamous dry hit point :)

Have a fresh pack of blank g6 cartos and will carefully, slowly fill them with this delicious Mountain Oak Vapor RY4.

Hey CuppaJoe and Welcome!!! :banana: Thinner PG juice will soak into the poly quicker, so I add 4-5 drops all around the edge while tilting the carto and rotate while I fill it. Then I sit it down for a minute. I have a 100% VG juice that is extremely thick. I can only add 1-2 drops at a time to let it soak into the poly and I have to let it sit about 3 minutes before I add more. Also if your in a hurry you can "shake down" the juice like you would a thermometer.

In a new carto, I usually get 25 drops into it. If you fill slowly avoiding the center tube letting it soak in good you should not have any leaking. You can tell it is finally "full" when the poly looks mushy glazed on the top. After getting it completely full, I still allow it to sit about 10 minutes standing up. I then check the battery end to make sure I didn't overfill and have leaks. If there is juice on the battery end I clean it with a Q-tip soaked in isopropyl alchohol.

Like Saundhaus was saying I too love the whole ritual of being patient and taking my time filling cartos, it is soothing and relaxing for me. An empty carto will hold 1 ml of juice. You can use a syringe to fill quicker by just putting the needle down the side of the polyfill or you can use the "condom method" fill a condom that doesn't have the center post with just over half of juice then slowly press the carto into the condom with the battery end NOT the poly end and let it just sit there and soak it all up. Just make sure you clean the battery end of the carto after using this method. :)

Like jwbnyc said that raspy sound is the carto being over full just vape through it and it will normal out for you.

I don't really wash or clean my cartos. I dedicate it to a flavor and then just refill as needed. When a carto comes near the end of it's life it will start to taste airy, less vapor and less satisfying. When it is toast you will have a gawd awful severly burnt taste that you will never want to repeat. :) My cartos usually last about 2 months or 5-6 complete refills. They will last longer keeping them topped off instead of letting it get too low before refilling.

Also juices like Voodoo or darker juices will gunk it up quicker so those cartos won't last as long as the clear thinner juices. And if your getting "dry hits" your juice is either too thick and isn't wicking well, I have a 100% VG that is like this, when this happens you can shake the juice down or slow down on your vaping. I think we all tend to just keep puffing away like it is an analog. Like DaveOno reminds me, it's okay to put it down between toots. ;)

Super, super helpful! Thank you so much, Evie. I'll be sure to follow all of the advice and report back after filling this new pack of blanks this afternoon :)

Cheers!

Also thanks to Saundhaus as well. Big ups.

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
Non-Halo juices, especially the all-VG kind, may be thicker, so they won't soak as fast. That's fine if you're not chain vaping off of a carto, and everyone vapes at different rates.

Thick juices can affect performance, a lot. It's possible to lower a thick juice's viscosity by adding a bit of water to it. One or two drops for every ~ 2mL is usually enough. The hard part, is making sure that it's mixed in the juice correctly.

I've been able to cram as much as 35 drops (of a Halo juice) in other cartos (drop size varies with viscosity). It definitely takes patience, more than I cared to commit, which is why I switched to Triton, but I still use a minitank, on occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread