Hangsen RY4 tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmeraldLeo1982

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma
"RY4 is the legendary taste. A very rich taste for those with a sweet tooth. A smokey caramel flavor with a touch of chocalate and vanilla"
It tastes nothing like any of that not even remotely. It also isn't as dark as the liquid I just looked at on the Hangsen website.
RY4 - Hangsen eLiquid - HangsenShop.eu

Guess I'll keep looking for flavor reviews and see if I'm the only one who tastes this issue I'm having. Oh how I wish it actually had vanilla or chocolate tones.

Everything I'm reading suggest a sweet caramel tobacco with chocolate and vanilla hints. My RY4 here is super light colored as well and has 0 sweetness to it.

Did I get a bad batch? Not that I can return it or anything but I want to make sure I'm trying the legit stuff before deciding not to try it again.

Last edited:

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
Hi fellow Okie. I've got good news for you. Hangsen's RY4 is actually a very good RY4. As with any RY4 I've ever had, it NEEDS to be fully steeped to bring out the tobacco and subtle tones. I like your comparison to soy sauce. Never thought of it that way, but now I can certainly relate. All fresh RY4s taste that way to me, some smoother than others.
I had the same experience as you, at first. Multiple layers of unmixed chemicals......and soy sauce.
Take the cap off and let it sit for a day.
Then I "cooked" it for 3-4 hours in a mini crock pot (very warm/hot, but not piping hot), shook it like mad, let it cool. Maybe even "cook" it twice. It became what it's meant to be. Total transformation in 3-4 hours. It's an "Ah-ha" moment. The crock pot method works for all juices, but is especially effective for tobaccos like RY4s. It's never a bad idea to shake it, before, during, and after cooking.
If you'd prefer to let it sit to steep, then be prepared to wait 4-6 weeks, maybe more. If you're shaking it up religiously, it might be ready in a few weeks.
Should be able to get a mini crock pot at Wally World for like $10. Oh, and if you go that route, put the bottles in a zip lock before submerging in water. You'll save your labels.

Edit: Just looked, the Little Dipper at WM is $20. There's a handful on Amazon for $12-15 though. Might be able to find them at the Dollar store. Dunno.

Last edited:

EmeraldLeo1982

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma
Hah thanks. Already have one of those Little Dipper pots lol. I'll be sure and give it a try. As of right now it's just sitting reserved as an emergency vape.

I woulda figured premade juice would be steeped already especially after shipping around the world, but I guess it's still pretty fresh off the factory floor hah. I still suspect one of the works spilled his lunch into the batch until I see this steeping change it.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
RY4 has two genres: Classic (Chinese) RY4s---which have a mild tobacco base augmented by caramel and vanilla with a unified overall flavor that’s balanced and typically bright---and Custom (or Western) RY4s---which emphasize the individual flavoring ingredient, are often deeper and richer, and may use additional or substitute flavorings. Hangsen RY4 is from the Classic genre.

If you’re looking to actually taste sweet caramel, go for a Custom RY4, not a Classic. Here’s a list of RY4s that are caramel-rich:

AltCig RY4
CloudsOfVapor COV4
CopperCreek Voodoo
CopperCreek Twisted Tobacco
CrystalELiquid RY4
DIYFlavorShack Caramel RY4
DIYFlavorShack Caramel-Vanilla RY4
EcigExpress My 4
EliteVaporworks RY4
GoodEJuice RY4
GourmetVapor RY4
Greenhouse One RY4
HighDesertVapes Myshell’s RY4
Madvapes Top Vapor Mad 4
Mister-E-Liquid MrE’s RY4
Mom&PopVaporShop RY4
Mom&PopVaporShop RY4v2
Moondrop RY42
MyVapeJuice Our RY4
NHaler R Why Not
KickBassVapor RY4
LiquidXpress Taboo
ParkesVaping PV4
PrimeVaping PV4
Rawr Vapor JY4
TheVaporPro RY4
TimelessVapor RY4
TopShelf RY4
VapeRite Organic VR4
VaporBeast Holy Grail RY4
Vapure VY4/Liberty-Flights LF4
Vixen Vapors RY4
Want2Vape RY4

By the way, the three core flavoring ingredients of RY4 are tobacco, caramel, and vanilla. NOT chocolate. Of the hundreds of Custom RY4s in the retail marketplace, only a couple have a chocolate element, and those few are generally not very good. If you want chocolate, you’re barking up the wrong tree with an RY4.

Last edited:

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
RY4 has two genres: Classic (Chinese) RY4s---which have a mild tobacco base augmented by caramel and vanilla with a unified overall flavor that’s balanced and typically bright---and Custom (or Western) RY4s---which emphasize the individual flavoring ingredient, are often deeper and richer, and may use additional or substitute flavorings. Hangsen RY4 is from the Classic genre.

If you’re looking to actually taste sweet caramel, go for a Custom RY4, not a Classic. Here’s a list of RY4s that are caramel-rich:

AltCig RY4
CloudsOfVapor COV4
CopperCreek Voodoo
CopperCreek Twisted Tobacco
CrystalELiquid RY4
DIYFlavorShack Caramel RY4
DIYFlavorShack Caramel-Vanilla RY4
EcigExpress My 4
EliteVaporworks RY4
GoodEJuice RY4
GourmetVapor RY4
Greenhouse One RY4
HighDesertVapes Myshell’s RY4
Madvapes Top Vapor Mad 4
Mister-E-Liquid MrE’s RY4
Mom&PopVaporShop RY4
Mom&PopVaporShop RY4v2
Moondrop RY42
MyVapeJuice Our RY4
NHaler R Why Not
KickBassVapor RY4
LiquidXpress Taboo
ParkesVaping PV4
PrimeVaping PV4
Rawr Vapor JY4
TheVaporPro RY4
TimelessVapor RY4
TopShelf RY4
VapeRite Organic VR4
VaporBeast Holy Grail RY4
Vapure VY4/Liberty-Flights LF4
Vixen Vapors RY4
Want2Vape RY4

By the way, the three core flavoring ingredients of RY4 are tobacco, caramel, and vanilla. NOT chocolate. Of the hundreds of Custom RY4s in the retail marketplace, only a couple have a chocolate element, and those few are generally not very good. If you want chocolate, you’re barking up the wrong tree with an RY4.

Hey what would you say the best Carmel rich(especially if there was a salty caramel) complex not blended where it al becomes one flav
and maybe a NET type feel to it, If it exist?

sort of a Tribeca with NET twist maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread