Hangsen RY4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mottlycrw

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Wisconsin
Well i just received a 50ml bottle of the actual Hangsten RY-4. It is steeping right now (its been 4 days without cap). My first impression of it right out of the mailbox was very caramely with a harsh tobacco flavor. After the 4 days and tasting it, I can say the caramel flavor has begun to mellow out, but I am still getting a kinda dry harsh tobacco taste. I have heard that this stuff takes a good week without the cap and 3 weeks at least of just sitting with cap on to achieve better flavor.

Anyone else have any input?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Madvapes was out of Dekang RY4 last time I ordered, so I ordered Hangsen RY4. It's close, but as Mottly said it's a little more harsh than Dekang. I find it smoother in a Protank or Smok Tech carto. In the Vivi Nova it's more harsh.

FWIW, I love Dekang Tobacco, but Hangsen Tobacco has a green grass component. I say green grass because it reminds me of the aroma you get while cutting the lawn. Not good for me in a vape. I mix it with Awesome Vapor Desert Tobacco and it's much better.

When Chinese juices are good, they are my favorites for the price. You just have to find the ones that click.

Last edited:

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
UPDATE:

I just got my order from RTS Vapes and the Hangsen RY4 flavouring.I have too use it at 15%,its very mild but in a good way,its not harsh or bitter,it does taste pretty good but i would like the flavouring too be more potent.I give it B minus.It tastes like HaloTribeca for sure.

Last edited:

crazycooter

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
Cannada
Try the flavorcrafters ry4 my personal fave. Tried dk, hs DIY, jc, mlv,dsv and few from states and they all tasted kinda waffery. I don't know how to better explain it. Even all thier tobaccos I tried had that same hint. However find for tobacco or ry4 only decent one I've tried is FC,
There was a us seller I tried ry4 from and liked and find this FC one us identical. Not overly chocholaty or wafery. Hints if vinalla or caramel or whatever in it and is nice evening vape.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I just vape pre-mixes or buy plain jane tobacco flavors and add additional flavors to suit. Dekang Tobacco works well for me in doing that. Lorann's Key Lime and English Toffee are two good ones, as well as their Vanilla Butternut.

Halo Tribecca and Torque56 were two of my favorites. My wife quickly told me that they both left an odor in the room that smelled like a sour dish rag. Those are in the closet in favor of peace in the house. :)

I guess it's like the loud cologne in the room that the person wearing it doesn't detect!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread