Status
Not open for further replies.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I'm having a great day and I wanted to share a couple things. I've been very content with Boge LR cartos for a pretty long time and I just love IBTanked tanks. From a "don't smoke" standpoint, there was really no reason to change anything but I enjoy playing with things. So, I've been experimenting with RBA's and Genesis style atomizers. Both are cheap, IGO-W and an AGA+. Mixed results with both. Dripping isn't for me as I have one eye that works better than the other so my depth perception sucks. End result? As many drops of juice on my lap as winds up on the coil! Building coils is what I've really been wanting to play with...the vape from my carto's has been excellent so I was "keeping busy" and not seeking a more satisfying vape.. I finally got a Genny to work really well after several attempts. Great taste, lots of vapor and fun. I see why people like them. I'm not a big fan of making sure things are aiming the right way, so it's not a life changer for me, but I'll keep it and use it from time to time. The vape is great.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who loves to sit around, vape and watch reviews at night. The Kayfun and the Russian reviews have always caught my eye. Cool looking devices but I'd never pay that kind of money for a device.....

Well, the mailman came early today....3 boxes in hand....a case of Boge LR cartos from Vapor Alley...on sale now. GREAT!
A box of odds and ends, kanthal, new carto punch, few other things...
And my new Kayfun Lite! AWESOME!!!

Thanks to the folks on this forum and some folks who took the time to make a video or 50 about setting up Kayfuns or Russians...how to build micro coils and use cotton for wicks....I'm enjoying the best vape I've ever had! My first build in the KFL is a complete success thanks to you all. Except I was shooting for 1.5 ohms but I came out at 1 ohm. I want to use this on my ProVari, but for now I'm using it on a mech. A few more wraps next time should do it. What a great Vape! And EASY!

So, this is the vape bliss everyone talks about! Thanks again everybody! I never expected to get sucked into the hobby side of vaping. I wasn't even trying to quit smoking all together. I just didn't want to smoke 2 packs a day anymore. vaping is an excellent thing on so many different levels...it's no wonder we're so passionate about it. Just wanted to share that and say thanks to the vaping community as a whole.

ScottM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Houston
Kayfuns. Tasty, tasty, tasty. When I have the money, I will have another Kayfun as a back up to my current Kayfun. My wife likes the Kayfun Mini that I had before. I miss the little guy, but am happy she is vaping more. .

I am very happy, that your happy. Happy, happy, happy.

I have heard great things about the Lite, but haven't had a chance to try one. I would be happy, happy, happy, if you sent me yours for a few months. Really happy.

cdsaint66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Goodfield, IL
It's great to hear about your wonderful day! I'm in much the same position as far as Boge cartos and tanks, and am working towards rebuilding successfully. I picked up a couple of IGO-L's and have been playing with them with mixed results. I'm seeing progress now, and have some hope for the future, especially after reading about your experience.

I also looked longingly at the Kayfun and the Russian, but fear I may have made a poor decision in ordering the Fogger (v1). This thing is literally unusable out of the box. I ordered it in a fit of unreasonable optimism. If anyone asks, I'll claim that I was drunk. I have read a lot of posts about the Fogger since I ordered it, and I will be attempting an overhaul on the beastly little thing soon. I may actually need to be drunk to tackle that, but I figure whether I get it working or not I should learn a lot about rebuildables.

So I will take pleasure in knowing that you had a great day, and slowly work towards my own Happy Happy Happy!

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I'm having a great day and I wanted to share a couple things. I've been very content with Boge LR cartos for a pretty long time and I just love IBTanked tanks. From a "don't smoke" standpoint, there was really no reason to change anything but I enjoy playing with things. So, I've been experimenting with RBA's and Genesis style atomizers. Both are cheap, IGO-W and an AGA+. Mixed results with both. Dripping isn't for me as I have one eye that works better than the other so my depth perception sucks. End result? As many drops of juice on my lap as winds up on the coil! Building coils is what I've really been wanting to play with...the vape from my carto's has been excellent so I was "keeping busy" and not seeking a more satisfying vape.. I finally got a Genny to work really well after several attempts. Great taste, lots of vapor and fun. I see why people like them. I'm not a big fan of making sure things are aiming the right way, so it's not a life changer for me, but I'll keep it and use it from time to time. The vape is great.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who loves to sit around, vape and watch reviews at night. The Kayfun and the Russian reviews have always caught my eye. Cool looking devices but I'd never pay that kind of money for a device.....

Well, the mailman came early today....3 boxes in hand....a case of Boge LR cartos from Vapor Alley...on sale now. GREAT!
A box of odds and ends, kanthal, new carto punch, few other things...
And my new Kayfun Lite! AWESOME!!!

Thanks to the folks on this forum and some folks who took the time to make a video or 50 about setting up Kayfuns or Russians...how to build micro coils and use cotton for wicks....I'm enjoying the best vape I've ever had! My first build in the KFL is a complete success thanks to you all. Except I was shooting for 1.5 ohms but I came out at 1 ohm. I want to use this on my ProVari, but for now I'm using it on a mech. A few more wraps next time should do it. What a great Vape! And EASY!

So, this is the vape bliss everyone talks about! Thanks again everybody! I never expected to get sucked into the hobby side of vaping. I wasn't even trying to quit smoking all together. I just didn't want to smoke 2 packs a day anymore. Vaping is an excellent thing on so many different levels...it's no wonder we're so passionate about it. Just wanted to share that and say thanks to the vaping community as a whole.

The coil on my kayfun lite is 1Ω and a provari is running it nicely at 3.2v :D so don't be afraid to use it on yours. I'm so glad your happy LOL

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
OK. I gave you some time to play and enjoy some vaping, but now I have to ask. After reviewing the videos, what coil and wick did you try out? We need some details about the juice, Voltage, etc.

I built 3 coils so far...all worked great from the start... The first was 1 ohm.and i used it on a mech... It worked really well. The second was 2 ohms on a ProVari. Fantastic at 4.8. But I messed it up playing with it. Built another one last night, .28 ga. micro coil at 1.5 ohms. My favorite so far. Works perfectly on my ProVari. Cotton wicks. Love it. 4.3 - 4.4 v seems to be the sweet spot. The juice is called Gizzard Juice...very high vg. 90% i think, maybe 100%. No issues with wicking or flooding. No dry hits, no burnt taste. It's perfect every time. I'm impressed!

ScottM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Houston
You're braver than I. Gizzard juice? I am going to look that one up.

For some reason, I was having a difficult time running the voltage up where I should. It turns out that it was my juice, I had just switched batches when the Kayfun arrived. I could not figure out why it was working differently from the Mini. The Mini now has tobacco flavor for my wife, and had previously performed well with my juice. Now that is resolved, and it is freakishly nice, like the Mini. The Lite is supposed to be a great performer, too. I am glad yours is working well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread