has anyone re-wicked a kanger evod atty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caligirlINky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
hopkinsville, ky
i have one flavor of ejuice that im not willing to give up. the prob is it burns thru the wicks in a day or 2. after going thru 5 attys in 10 days, i decided to take the atty apart to see what was going on. the wire that was wrapped around the wick was falling apart. the wick crumbled when i took it out. it was all so demolished that i cant tell what its supposed to look like to replace the wick. short of ruining a new atty by taking it apart n not knowing how or have the supplies to repair it, i thought id see if anyone here has experience with rewicking these attys. please help if you can. thanks.

caligirlINky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
hopkinsville, ky
whats funny is my hubby has a protank. a month ago i sent him a link to ecf of a guy explaining how to rewick the atty. at some point i also told my hubby that our tanks use the same attys so we didnt have to double up.

after i posted this morn my hubby reminded me of all this.... duh would have been nice if i had put 2 + 2 together before asking for help.

thanks for the links and info. im gna chk them out cuz i need all the examples i can get my hands on since this will be my very first time trying anything like this. im really excited and cant wait for the b&m store to open so i can get my supplies. my hubby already has all the tools i could possibly need.

cedric212

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Columbus, Ohio

Thin

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2013
Scotland
I've rebuilt a few evods using 3mm silica wick with 5 turns of 0.2mm kanthal wire and they turn out around the same vape as the stock ones. The stock ones come with a "flavour wick" which is a second piece of wick sitting loose on top of the wound wick, but I found using the 3mm wick I didn't need it. I believe one of it's purposes is to stop the coil flooding.

Once you've built one and see how it turns out you'll find they're pretty easy to do, so you can mess about with different wicks/wire/turns etc.

caligirlINky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
hopkinsville, ky
the guy with txt n pix in the atty mod posts says to use 3mm but he didnt show what to do with the wires. the youtube vid shows everything but says to use the 2mm silica. since my b&m only has 3mm, thats what im using this time. ill check out the other links posted before i get started so im not missing something n ill post when im done. need the ohms to be about 1.8-2.0. my hubby has a meter i can use so ill chk it before i put it in my battery... thanks for the suggestion.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
i have one flavor of ejuice that im not willing to give up. the prob is it burns thru the wicks in a day or 2. after going thru 5 attys in 10 days, i decided to take the atty apart to see what was going on. the wire that was wrapped around the wick was falling apart. the wick crumbled when i took it out. it was all so demolished that i cant tell what its supposed to look like to replace the wick. short of ruining a new atty by taking it apart n not knowing how or have the supplies to repair it, i thought id see if anyone here has experience with rewicking these attys. please help if you can. thanks.

I would be more worried about what I was vaping that can demolish a silica wick/coil in two days....

I rewick all my Evods and Protanks, usually with 30g kanthal and hemp wick, the kanthal coil lasts me months and I rewick the hemp every 10 days. Silica wicks would last months with an occasional dry burn.

caligirlINky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
hopkinsville, ky
i dont want to list the vendor name of the juice on here bc they are an ecf listed vendor. its the only juice i have this prob with no matter what clearo/bat combo i use. the juice is very thick (more vg than pg) but so are the other juices i use from them. i dont have a prob with the other 2 juices. the attys last a week with the those.

ive completed my recoil/wick. havent checked it on the meter cuz my hubby is still at work. it looks so good. i didnt have a screw to make perfect coils but i kept them from touching so i hope thats all thats needed. the wick looks longer on one side but thats just the angle of the cam.

Attachments

• IMG_20130619_113053_602.jpg
    IMG_20130619_113053_602.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 148

roffles18963

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO, USA
I've seen people rewick with stainless steel mesh, and I'm planning on rebuilding my evod coils from here on out. I've got about 30ft of silica wicks (3mm), 100ft of 32 gauge kanthal, and a 12"x12" sheet of 325 SS mesh coming in. Anyone have any suggestions about the SS (other than make sure it's tight and well oxidized)? Use silica for the flavor wick, or wind up another piece of mesh?

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
i dont want to list the vendor name of the juice on here bc they are an ecf listed vendor. its the only juice i have this prob with no matter what clearo/bat combo i use. the juice is very thick (more vg than pg) but so are the other juices i use from them. i dont have a prob with the other 2 juices. the attys last a week with the those.

ive completed my recoil/wick. havent checked it on the meter cuz my hubby is still at work. it looks so good. i didnt have a screw to make perfect coils but i kept them from touching so i hope thats all thats needed. the wick looks longer on one side but thats just the angle of the cam.

Looks nice from that picture. I use 3mm silica and 32 gauge kanthal in my Evod. It is fairly easy to do, but you may have to go through a bit of trial and error before you are completely happy with the results.

I too am curious what kind of juice destroys wire in 2 days, it is a wonder it doesn't destroy the plastic tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread