Hello again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there everyone,

I actually joined the forums about eight months ago when I first got my e-cig (a 510 model), but unfortunately I never quite managed to make the switch, and unfortunately I stopped using it completely after a few weeks. I don't know exactly what went wrong, but I'm so sick of smoking actual cigarettes that I really want to give it another try. I hope getting back on the forum too will make it easier to really stick with it this time!

Is there anyone else around who didn't manage to make the switch first time round?

Also, since all my supplies are about eight months old, I really want to get some new e-liquid, because at the moment I've only got menthol and I'm not a huge fan of menthol. But there's so much information about liquids out there that I really don't know where to start. Anyone got any personal favourites, or even links to overviews of good/trustworthy e-liquid sources?

Cheers!

RubyRoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
Welcome back! If you are looking to quit all the way, having a good delivery system and quality juice is the way to go. Get yourself some decent variable voltage batteries, a few good tanks, and some quality juice! I can be more specific if you'd like, but search the forums and you'll find lots of answers to get you restarted. Remember, go easy on yourself, quitting smoking is a BIG deal and it's hard, e-cigs will help you though. Cheers!

nmackan

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Turkiye
You have to find a liquid for your liking nobody can suggest anyting because liking a liquid is very personal. Still you have to choose a high nic level. (You can dilute it by VG anytime) Most important thing is getting enough nicotine at first. anyone who can not quit cigarettes by e-cigs surely has been getting low nic level.
Happy vapings

stoot

Sep 21, 2013
UK
I do not know whether this will help. I gave up 6 months ago after 30 years on up to 60 a day. My other half gave up after 20 odd years at the same time. I have just got my Mum to give up and she is in her 70s after having smoked since she was 15. We did it by switching from normal cigarettes to menthol cigarettes and then switching to menthol vaping using Hangsen menthol sensation and standard menthol as they tastsed the same. It is a shame that you do not like menthol as it gives you a hit at the back of the throat like cigarettes even without a powerful battery. That's how we did it and I know it sounds nuts but we found it easy. I think getting the right battery, right atomiser and right liquid is the secret. I use a Provari, glass tank called a prive and boge or smok atomisers. My other half uses an itaste v3 with dual coil XXL carts. Both of these work without burning or stress (for us anyway - the CE4, 5, 6 things were an absolute disaster)

Subdivisions

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
PA
Good luck man. Don't be afraid to keep the stinkies around for those tough times. You'll eventually find yourself preferring vaping to smoking. Finding the right nicotine level in the liquid is important. If you were a long time smoker you may need a high level to satisfy your urges. I think 18mg/mL is a pretty standard starting place for a pack a day smoker. I smoked a pack a day of lights and that worked well for me. You can always adjust up or down depending on your needs.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Welcome back! Yep, I failed the first time too. The second attempt took over three months to quit the stinkies. What made the difference for me more than anything else was raising the nicotine level. I finally went up to 24mg for a while, then dropped down to 18mg later. For a while I was using both, 18mg most of the time, 24mg when the strong urges hit. Many folks suggest getting sampler packs. I DIY so am not sure who all carry those. Mt. Baker Vapor possibly is one. It can take a lot of experimentation, some frustration and willpower but it is worth it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread