Hello ECF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeXtDimensionVaping

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
Hi :)

I purchased my first vaporizer about a month or so ago. I love it! I have virtually quit cigarettes & I have picked up a blossoming hobby as well!

I do, however, fall victim to cigarettes when I'm drunk :p

I have an iPow 2 paired with a NautilusMini. I also have Geni & Geni Mini tanks. My favorite juice atm is 15mg Crunchberry mixed with Voodoo.

:rickroll:

I'm looking into mech mods. I am considering the Kbox, Provari P3, Tugboat, and a few others.

Suggestions for my next step up are welcome. I am still a novice when it comes to mechs. I would like variable voltage/wattage, and preferably a screen with battery and ohm readings.

Reactions: Chrissie

Ohm Gnome

Apr 27, 2015
Douglasville Ga

I purchased my first vaporizer about a month or so ago. I love it! I have virtually quit cigarettes & I have picked up a blossoming hobby as well!

I have an iPow 2 paired with a NautilusMini. I also have Geni & Geni Mini tanks. My favorite juice atm is 15mg Crunchberry mixed with Voodoo.

I'm looking into mech mods. I am considering the Kbox, Provari P3, Tugboat, and a few others.

Suggestions for my next step up are welcome. I am still a novice when it comes to mechs. I would like variable voltage/wattage, and preferably a screen with battery and ohm readings.
What you mean is mods. Mechs are mods but you're describing regulated mods. It's a lot of terminology to learn when starting out so don't feel bad

Ohm Gnome

Apr 27, 2015
Douglasville Ga
If you're looking to get deep in the hobby side I'd suggest going with something with temperature control like the IPV4. It's currently a top of the line mod but you won't need to upgrade for a very very long time. And it can use the Nautilas, Pro Tank, Herakles or anything including RDAs such as Troll, Freakshow. But if budget doesn't allow for that look into Istick 30 watt. I'd avoid the 50 watt until the company fixes all the bugs. KBox is another good cheaper mod

Margate69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Welcome to ECF.

Here is a good passthrough long lasting and rather small VV/VW max 50W . I have one, works great, use it all the time. Small price tag too

Eleaf iSmoka iStick 50W 4400mAh 0.2ohm Mod

Mechs are not for novices. They are complex, and must be handled with care. You need to research batteries and safety, because there is ZERO protection with a mechanical.

Mod - Short for modification Can be variable, mechanical, regulated, unregulated and so on.

Mechanical - no protection, no circuitry, just a switch and sometimes a top cap.

Ohm Gnome

Apr 27, 2015
Douglasville Ga
Z
I thought mod and mech were interchangeable. I'm still learning. Could you differentiate the twofor me?
Mech is a mechanical mod . Meaning it doesn't have anything electrical except the battery. A regulated mod is where you get variable voltage and wattage as well as the digital screens. Both mech and regulated are mods. Basically it's just two different categories

Margate69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Before getting a Istick 50 watt research the problems with them. Some are good and some are very dangerously bad. I got a bad one. Lucky mine didn't explode like some have. I noticed mine automatically firing and got the tank off before too much damage was done

Huh. I just bought one when I was headed for a road trip. Never knew people were having problems with them.

NeXtDimensionVaping

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
I'm definitely more into regulateds atm.

And that sounds scary about the Istick! I've heard of vaporizers exploding but I always thought that it was back in the early stages of vapes or a few isolated incidents that the media sensationalized.

Safety is definitely a huge priority in selecting my next vape.

Why would somebody want a mech mod as opposed to regulateds? I suppose mechs could be more powerful and customized but they also sound unsafe. Regulateds are nice with their screens and all those wing dings.

Margate69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mechanical mods are simple. They have no circuits and no parts that can fail except the switch. Even better is a mechanical with a magnetic switch, then you only have to replace it every 45,000 years. When you use drip atomizers they are great. This is my Mech, well named a SMPL SMPL.jpg

byoung33

Dec 31, 2014

Kbox is great for beginners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread