Hello from Leeds, UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven1

Jun 23, 2015
Leeds, UK
juice1.co.uk
Hi there,
New member here. Been vaping for 18 months now, haven't touched a cigarette or roll-up since I switched to vaping. Tried everything to quit previously: nicotine gum, patches and spray, none of it worked but wow, vaping is def. the answer for me and many others it seems.

Currently using a Kanger T3D with Aspire CF VV 1300mAh. My old pro tank 1 (which was great) finally bit the dust and I can't buy the old ones anymore and new pro tanks seem to leak, as I found out.

Juice wise, I like the 666 tobacco from Vape Escape though its a bit pricey @ £12.99 for 30ml, want to get into making my own e-juice and save money, so I'll keep my eyes open from the pro's on here.

Regards,
Steve

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @Steven1. Glad to have you here!:)

Have you found this part of ECF yet? => UK Forum.

Currently using a Kanger T3D with Aspire CF VV 1300mAh. My old pro tank 1 (which was great) finally bit the dust and I can't buy the old ones anymore and new pro tanks seem to leak, as I found out.
Start a new thread when you want to look at upgrading your setup. Lots of members will give you options. Also consider pulling your location in your profile so when you are looking for the best places to source you don't get a lot of recommendations for places in the US.

Juice wise, I like the 666 tobacco from Vape Escape though its a bit pricey @ £12.99 for 30ml, want to get into making my own e-juice and save money, so I'll keep my eyes open from the pro's on here.
May I suggest some recommended research to get you started. Kudos given to member @dannyv45 who contributed and assembled all this information.

Dannyv45's blogs will give insight into all aspects of DYI, from steeping to what supplies to have on hand to a basic walk through mixing your first E-juice.
=> E-Cigarette Forum - dannyv45 - Blogs

Hoosier's blogs concentrate on fine tuning your mix and give insight on additives.
=> E-Cigarette Forum - Hoosier - Blogs

Boletus's blog's concentrate on formulation of nicotine bases regarding proper calculations methods for figuring Nicotine concentration as well as safety.
=> E-Cigarette Forum - Boletus - Blogs

Ginger's book "E-Cigarettes 102: DIY E-Liquid" delivers an in depth easy to follow guide in the art of DYI.
=> E-Cigarettes 102: DIY E-Liquid

I recommend viewing VPLive Vape Team Episode #82: DIY Safety and bookmark it for future reference. It explains safety in all aspects of DYI.
=> VPLive Vape Team Episode #82: DIY Safety

The "stickies" pinned at the top of the DIY E-Liquid Forum page will explain a lot of the how's and why's.

Last edited:

Steven1

Jun 23, 2015
Leeds, UK
juice1.co.uk
@Noah1 @Steven G thanks guys :)

I Looked at all the links suggested by @Susan~S and got some info on the following additives;

Ethyl Maltol - enhances flavor
Bitter Wizard - Smooths out tobacco, reduces sweetness.
Vinegar - Smooths out tobacco, reduces sweetness.

I haven't researched the chemicals above but from what I have heard it may be difficult to do this as not much is known about them. For that reason, I would not like to include them in a mix, no disrespect to the creator of these additives. The only thing I am missing is a throat hit on custom mixes, I heard alcohol can provide this but I have little to no idea what kind of alcohol to use, for instance;
  • ethyl alcohol (dangerous?)
  • vodka (neutral flavor - best choice?)
  • gin (too flavorsome?)
  • whiskey (too flavorsome?)
Lastly, the video on YouTube linked to the info provided included a statement by a chemist on vaping natural flavors. Please see:
He said lab made flavors are safer due to the molecules being more stable and less complex, so that it is unlikely to break down on the coil and release unwanted converted chemicals such as 'nitrosamines' unlike natural flavors which contain sugars and other chemicals which could release unknown byproducts when thermally activated.

Apologies if this is not the right place to post this.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
massive show at the nec Birmingham in July
I am in the UK until August, and am shipping my car in July. Birmingham is a bit further from where I am in Yorkshire, but I should be able to take a train there. The one I found is £10 for visitors? Is this bigger than the Yorkshire show? That show is free.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
@Noah1 @Steven G thanks guys :)

I Looked at all the links suggested by @Susan~S and got some info on the following additives;

Ethyl Maltol - enhances flavor
Bitter Wizard - Smooths out tobacco, reduces sweetness.
Vinegar - Smooths out tobacco, reduces sweetness.

I haven't researched the chemicals above but from what I have heard it may be difficult to do this as not much is known about them. For that reason, I would not like to include them in a mix, no disrespect to the creator of these additives. The only thing I am missing is a throat hit on custom mixes, I heard alcohol can provide this but I have little to no idea what kind of alcohol to use, for instance;
  • ethyl alcohol (dangerous?)
  • vodka (neutral flavor - best choice?)
  • gin (too flavorsome?)
  • whiskey (too flavorsome?)
Lastly, the video on YouTube linked to the info provided included a statement by a chemist on vaping natural flavors. Please see:
He said lab made flavors are safer due to the molecules being more stable and less complex, so that it is unlikely to break down on the coil and release unwanted converted chemicals such as 'nitrosamines' unlike natural flavors which contain sugars and other chemicals which could release unknown byproducts when thermally activated.

Apologies if this is not the right place to post this.

If any of this were in anyway true then people would have never have taken up cooking food.

There again if it is true then people are going to start dying from eating at BBQ's in their droves, but only now people have started vaping because before vaping there were never ever any such claims about partially burnt food stuffs.

Thermally activated !, HUH !. I ate a thermally activated double cheese burger today, should i be worried ?.

My opinion is "what a load of absolute crap !".

Reactions: Steven1

Steven1

Jun 23, 2015
Leeds, UK
juice1.co.uk
If any of this were in anyway true then people would have never have taken up cooking food.

There again if it is true then people are going to start dying from eating at BBQ's in their droves, but only now people have started vaping because before vaping there were never ever any such claims about partially burnt food stuffs.

Thermally activated !, HUH !. I ate a thermally activated double cheese burger today, should i be worried ?.

My opinion is "what a load of absolute crap !".

lol I took my life in my hands with a KFC earlier today!
I actually agree with you as the temperature of cooked food exceeds the temperature of an e-cig coil, 150℃ - 300℃ Vs 100℃ - 150℃.
Besides, I prefer natural everything, the thought of consuming something that has been made in a lab doesn't sound at all appealing, at least to me.

Reactions: evan le'garde

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
lol yes its bigger
the nec is I think the biggest exhibition place in the uk
This yorkshire one is pretty big.
The ECE will be the largest free to attend, indoor e-cigarette exhibition in the UK. Set over 1900 square metres of floor space, the ECE will attract thousands of visitors from the UK and overseas, offering visitors the chance to source products from a wide range of exhibitors – offering E-liquids, hardware and many great vaping products.

The exhibitors are UK & internationally based retailers, manufacturers, Franchisees & wholesalers of e-cigarette products & services. There will also be representation from other closely linked organisations with a vested interest in the e-cigarettes industry.

The ECE will enable visitors to meet other like minded people from the vaping community, eager to enjoy this great event.

Opening Hours:

Saturday 27th June (General Public) 9am – 6pm

paulparnham

May 25, 2015
This yorkshire one is pretty big.
The ECE will be the largest free to attend, indoor e-cigarette exhibition in the UK. Set over 1900 square metres of floor space, the ECE will attract thousands of visitors from the UK and overseas, offering visitors the chance to source products from a wide range of exhibitors – offering E-liquids, hardware and many great vaping products.

The exhibitors are UK & internationally based retailers, manufacturers, Franchisees & wholesalers of e-cigarette products & services. There will also be representation from other closely linked organisations with a vested interest in the e-cigarettes industry.

The ECE will enable visitors to meet other like minded people from the vaping community, eager to enjoy this great event.

Opening Hours:

Saturday 27th June (General Public) 9am – 6pm
I would go but too far away for me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread