HELP! Burning taste despite all solutions tried and tested!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle Williams

Sep 7, 2015
Hi,

I am new to vaping (ish). I have been vaping for around three months, I started to quit cigarettes, and quickly developed the addiction to vaping, always looking for bigger clouds, and better devices.

I currently use the Itaste MVP 3.0, with the Atlantis Cage tank.

For some reason, I keep getting the burning taste. It isn't an overwhelming burn like I would get with a burnt out coil, its just a slight burnt taste on the exhale.

I have changed the coil and my coil is brand new, and I am still getting this. I have also tried 3 different types of juice, and nothing works. I have ensured the coil was prepared and the juice had soaked in.

So the coil is new and prepped, the liquid has varied and im vaping on 30watts.

SOMEONE HELP!!

Reactions: thetrucker

Kyle Williams

Sep 7, 2015
Try the lower end of the suggested watt range for the Atlantis (20-30 watt)?
what ohms are you using? maybe the juice is going south on you... do you chain vape?
Hi, I am using a 0.5 Coil is all I know. I am vaping at 30 watt but this happens no matter what level I vape on. The Juice I use is 70/30 ratio, and I chain vape, but not a terrible ammount. Hope this helps.

Kyle Williams

Sep 7, 2015
My suggestion would be to see if a 50/50 juice would wick better in that tank. Sometimes a thicker juice (VG is very thick, PG like water) will not wick efficiently. Also try lowering the wattage/voltage of your mod.
Okay I will try a different type of juice. But have no idea the best brands. I currently use 30watts and 5.5 Volts, what would the best reccomended setting be?

Denvap0r

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Colorado
Lots of juice makers out there. For price friendly, try Mechsauce or Mount Baker. I do also recommend Nicoticket, and usse coupon code BOGO for 50% of. This coupon code can only be used once so make it count(I recommend the Frenilla).

As for the wattage, I would say lower it down a bit. Best way to do it is go to say 13 or so watts and slowly go up until you get that burn taste. I believe you are simply vaping at too high a setting for the juice to wick/ keep up. Very common problem. getting a 50/50 juice might help enable you to go to a higher wattage.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
try using something in the 1.2 ohm to 1.8 ohm range.
your running too hot for some reason.
the gauge of the wire and and coil wrapping style are critical
when you get into the sub ohm range along with proper wicking.
start at a higher resistance and adjust your resistance and wicking
technique's until your getting a good combo,then work your way down to lower
resistance coils.
regard
mike

Reactions: Denvap0r

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I don't have an Atlantis, but if they're rated 20-30 watts, I'm sure it would burn for me at 20. I don't know if everyone else pulls air through fast in short drags avoiding burning, or they just don't notice a burnt taste. I get the best flavor when i relax and take long slow drags. Even at a lower power level, this actually pulls more energy from the battery and puts more total heat into the atomizer. Half the rate but 3-4 times as long.

paulberger

Sep 6, 2015
    Two options:
    a.) there is just generally too much energy going into the coil. Having gone from Egos straight to RBAs wicked with cotton, I can't say much about the Atlantis. Try starting to inhale, hitting the button for .5 secs while continuing to inhale until after release. That might be a test.

b.) Juice reflow is bad. If this is the case, the FIRST hit after a minute or so shouldn't taste bad. The second might. Solution there would be less VG or adding water, alcohol or anything less viscous to the juice.

paulberger

Sep 6, 2015
    concerning a.) why I said it about RBAs is that I wick with cotton which has excellent reflow, so 30 Watts is no problem. A .5 coil gets about 50 Watts or so on a non regulated Mod (steam engine for details) and doesn't have to burn. Silica used to burn a lot for me though. Small coil = wick diameter + not very conducive wick + thick juice might equal burn.

edyle

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2013
    Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
    Hi, I am using a 0.5 Coil is all I know. I am vaping at 30 watt but this happens no matter what level I vape on. The Juice I use is 70/30 ratio, and I chain vape, but not a terrible ammount. Hope this helps.

once you burn something a little bit, that coil is going to keep tasting burnt even if you reduce the wattage.

use a lower wattage on a fresh coil.

if you chain vape, your vape might perform well for a little bit but gradually get dry if the wicking isn't keeping up.

you are 3 months in and your tastebuds are improving so you might just be tasting some burn now that you've been getting for 3 months

Kyle Williams

Sep 7, 2015
    The coil is fine as a .5 should run fine with the 30 Watt should it not? Its as if the first hit is fine, and then every hit after gets gradually worse and tastes more burnt. I have tried three different juices so chances are they are not the same PG/VG mix. This is 70/30, the other juice was SickBoy SickerThanMost, and Strawberry cream

Denvap0r

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 10, 2014
    Colorado
    The coil is fine as a .5 should run fine with the 30 Watt should it not? Its as if the first hit is fine, and then every hit after gets gradually worse and tastes more burnt. I have tried three different juices so chances are they are not the same PG/VG mix. This is 70/30, the other juice was SickBoy SickerThanMost, and Strawberry cream

It's not a "one size fits all" kind of thing. Under the perfect circumstances 30 watts would be OK. The 70/30 juice makes a difference though. It's just a good idea to start low and work up. There are differences in each stock coil head that can cause variables. A little more cotton for the wicking can make the juice not flow as well. As @edyle said once it has burned it is probably fouled and I would recommend priming a new one, start the wattage low, and just get to a comfortable level. I have been playing with a Kanger Subtank that I rebuilt the coil head with my own coil and wick at 1 ohm and only vape it at 15-16 watts with great flavor and decent cloud.

k2zs

ECF Veteran
    Mar 23, 2014
    Rochester, NY
    Perhaps you're not getting how to use the MVP. 5.5 volts on a .5 ohm coil is more like 60 watts.

With your mod you don't set both wattage AND voltage, you choose 1 mode or the other. Go into WATTAGE mode and set it to 25 watts and make no other adjustments. Then try it, I'm sure you will have better luck...

edyle

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2013
    Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

No.
    A 0.5 ohm coil does not necessarily run fine with 30 Watts.
    It might run fine with a 80/20 PG/VG juice but burn with a 20/80 PG/VG juice.
    It might run fine in the summer but burn in the winter.
    One 0.5 ohm coil from one manufacturer can be different from another.

Kyle Williams

Sep 7, 2015
    Perhaps you're not getting how to use the MVP. 5.5 volts on a .5 ohm coil is more like 60 watts.

With your mod you don't set both wattage AND voltage, you choose 1 mode or the other. Go into WATTAGE mode and set it to 25 watts and make no other adjustments. Then try it, I'm sure you will have better luck...
    So does this mean Id have to reset the voltage to 0?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread