Help! eVic VT eGo ONE Mega Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackWhite

Sep 11, 2015
Hi guys! I am totally newbie in vaping and I really need a help.

So, bought a eVic VT 60W Kit with the eGo ONE Mega yesterday and this was my first experience with vape. I did very little research beforehand and went straight to the vape shop.

So the thing is, I was playing around with the switcher and I decided to see what happens in wattage mode even using the Nickel atomizer (because I am stupid and didn't do my homework before). I putted it in 60W and bam, hit the button and took a hit. Awful burnt taste. I wait some minutes and tried again in VT NI mode, and the taste is still there, actually even if I smell the tip i can smell the burnt. So yeah, I guess I just burned the coil. I was researching about nickel coils and I learned that it is really dangerous and harmful to use them in wattage mode, and if you do burn them you should toss them away since it is toxic.

So, I would like to know how should I clean the tank properly to install the other atomizer that comes with the kit (Titanium one)? I still have half of the tank full of juice, but I know I need to trow it away. Should I soak the barrel in alcohol or something or should I just wash it with water? After cleaning and changing the atomizer, should I be good to go? Does someone know a video showing this cleaning/atomizer change?

Also, a couple more of questions:

* Should I change for Kanthal coil for safety (even loosing the ability of TC) ? If yes, how to do it?
* Which other tanks you guys recommend for this mod? I've seen very different opinions but never found one that says that some tank works great with it...

Well, that's it for now, I know my questions are newbie questions but at least I am trying here (even with my bad English).

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
I prefer the delta 2 personally, but there are plenty of good tanks now. The Arctic tank is really good too.

As for cleaning the tank I would just change the coil and not worry about the juice in it, but if you want to clean it I clean my tanks with water and soap and then grain alcohol or cheap vodka. I don't use rubbing alcohol because it leaves a chemical taste.

I wouldn't worry about temp control at first if I were you. Wattage mode is fine. Play with the settings up and down and get used to it, and then move to the tc settings with a proper coil and try that out. We all make mistakes, so next time do your research to minimize the damage :) (I wish I took my own advice sometimes)

JackWhite

Sep 11, 2015
I prefer the delta 2 personally, but there are plenty of good tanks now. The Arctic tank is really good too.

As for cleaning the tank I would just change the coil and not worry about the juice in it, but if you want to clean it I clean my tanks with water and soap and then grain alcohol or cheap vodka. I don't use rubbing alcohol because it leaves a chemical taste.

I wouldn't worry about temp control at first if I were you. Wattage mode is fine. Play with the settings up and down and get used to it, and then move to the tc settings with a proper coil and try that out. We all make mistakes, so next time do your research to minimize the damage :) (I wish I took my own advice sometimes)

Thank you very much for your reply! I will definitely search about these tanks. Do they fit/work good with the eVic VT mod?

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
Yeah every 510 threaded tank which is just about every tank will work fine on the evic. My friend borrowed my delta 2 for his and ended up buying one. They were on vapor beast for like 15 bucks with a coupon code. The rba deck works really well too if you want to get into rebuilding, but they do sell pre-built coils. My other friend loves his Arctic tanks and I've borrowed one to try out and it was a pretty good consistent vape.

JackWhite

Sep 11, 2015
Yeah every 510 threaded tank which is just about every tank will work fine on the evic. My friend borrowed my delta 2 for his and ended up buying one. They were on vapor beast for like 15 bucks with a coupon code. The rba deck works really well too if you want to get into rebuilding, but they do sell pre-built coils. My other friend loves his Arctic tanks and I've borrowed one to try out and it was a pretty good consistent vape.

Perfect man, I will study more about all those, I will let you know at the end which one I've choose :)

JackWhite

Sep 11, 2015
My advice is to watch as many youtube videos as you have time to, about anything you're considering. Even if you don't agree with their opinion, just the walk throughs and explanation of features is so helpful.

Indeed, I am freaking out right now watching all I can :D

PS: I have just cleaned my tank with water (i've soaked it in boiling water with the base (deck?) and the tip, not sure if it's ok to wash that base though) dried all and attached a new TI coil. It feels great again :D

mkdive2015

Verified Member
Sep 5, 2015
SoCal
My advice is to watch as many youtube videos as you have time to, about anything you're considering. Even if you don't agree with their opinion, just the walk throughs and explanation of features is so helpful.
Actually great advice. Just sit back watch some videos and marinade in the great shared knowledge out there.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
With the ego one you have several different coils available. Ni, Ti, and Kanthal in various ohms...so you have a lot of options. I don't do a lot of high wattage vaping and don't use TC devices. I prefer the CLR coils. Those are the rebuildable ones and I find that they just work better, wick better, for my vaping style. You don't really have to rebuild them...you can just swap them out like any other replaceable coil.

ianvapes

Sep 8, 2015
Swindon UK
You cannot use nickel on wattage mode for two reasons. First, you run a risk of vaping some very objectionable stuff if you overheat nickel. Temp. control solves that issue, but in voltage control it could theoretically get hot enough to behave inappropriately. Second, nickel does not behave like Kanthal. The resistance rises dramatically when heated, so while you have a room temperature .15 coil, when heated the resistance is significantly higher. You'll get far less vapor than a higher resistance kanthal coil. So you run more risk, and get less reward. Nickel is not a good idea used in this way.

2) In temperature control mode, nickel works very differently. That rising resistance is perfect, since it makes the temperature of the coil easy to measure. A properly-functioning mod will take it up to the set temperature (or the highest temperature for the power setting) and pulse power to hold it there. That gives you consistent vapor output.

CloudyWithChanceOfVape

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2014
USA
Jesus... Another story of a shop selling someone a device and not asking "do you know how to properly use this mod? Are you familiar with advanced vaping? What mod do you currently use? Do you know the safety of TC vaping? Can we walk you through it?"
^^ Those questions should be mandatory before ANY sell IMO.

No, screw it, this person has money, lets take this "mark" for a few bucks and when he/shr messes up, we can sell him new stuff! $$$$$

No offense dude, wasn't trying to rip on you, I'm ripping on dumb wad shop owners. THIS is why I strictly order online. You wouldn't catch me dead at a B&M around here, I've seen them do this crap and I walked out with them still talking to me.

heath71

Nov 6, 2015
Indonesia
My problems with the awful taste from the Evic VTC Mini went away after I bought the Kangertech Subtank Mini. Turns out that awful burning sensation I had with my Ego One Mega Tank was due to a faulty Ni coil that came pre-attached in the box. Once I changed the Ni coil, no more burning sensation in the throat. So yeah, perhaps like my situation, it's your coil that needs replacing?

I'll add that the Kanger Subtank Mini does provide a whole better experience.

TheKman

Master of the Obvious
Nov 12, 2015
Melbourne, Australia.
It seems most of your questions have been answered and you've learned a lesson or two as well. Mission accomplished ECF! :thumb:

As for the " ...this tank works well with this mod... " question, the reason it's not mentioned is probably because the people serious enough to do a lot of mixing and matching already understand that the question is moot.

The mod/mech/battery is simply a power supply. All else being equal, it just supplies power. Some do it better than others; to which, the eVic Mini is pretty damn good. You need not worry about the combination until your tank/rda starts requiring more power than can be supplied. The new firmware raises the bar to 75W, so you need not worry for a while.

I'm a relatively recent convert and moved to direct inhale only a month or two ago. Presently the small dual coil rta units are the ones ringing my bells.

I purchased the same kit you did and the One Mega tank sits unused in a box as a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread