Help finding a TC box mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magikhat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
www.flavorplace.com
I pre ordered a freemax starre PRO which is rated I think up to 150W. TC coils. 0.15ohm

I need a box mod to handle this
I am looking at
Sigelei 75W TC (1 battery)
Sigelei 150W TC (2 battery)
Snow Wolf 200W (2 battery)

I do not like the looks that much of the IPV4.

So my question is for most Sub-OHM tanks do you really need more than 75 watts? The Freemax Starre Pro has the TC coils.

Is only having a 1 battery mod bad in anyway other than you need to carry another battery cause it does not last as long?

What is stopping me from order the Sigelei 150W TC is the looks.. i wish it looked the same as the regular 150.. it is kinda ugly
The SnowWolf 200W looks very fat and the chip inside is questionable as well as the 50 second shut off which sounds very annoying.

Cloupor is coming out with a 80W TC box mod very soon as well.

Any suggestions would help thanks

Last edited:

bussdriver

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
IMO, you really don't need 100 watts+ with any single coil device. The coils in the heads simply aren't able to handle that much continuous power. Running your coils at the upper end might be okay for a quickie, but not for continuous vaping.

The extreme power will come into play if you ever plan on using something like a dual-coil dripper. When I wind 2 coils, my DNA40 just won't keep up. At that point the 60 watts plus is needed. When using this much power, dual batteries is also a must to minimize the extreme current draw required from a single battery.

Some mods have 2 batteries in parallel. These mods are better for low ohm builds like temp control since they output lower voltages anyway and it as said above reduces the battery loading. If using higher ohm devices, series connected mods are needed to achieve the higher voltages required. Parallel connected battery mods are also much more reliable in regards to battery safety and in-device charging circuits.

As posted earlier, when using temp control, too many watts may be overkill. The wattage output will be throttled down when temp limit is reached.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
I pre ordered a freemax starre PRO which is rated I think up to 150W. TC coils. 0.15ohm

I am looking at

So my question is for most Sub-OHM tanks do you really need more than 75 watts? The Freemax Starre Pro has the TC Coils.

Is only having a 1 battery mod bad in anyway other than you need to carry another battery cause it does not last as long?

What is stopping me from order the Sigelei 150W TC is the looks.. i wish it looked the same as the regular 150.. it is kinda ugly
The SnowWolf 200W looks very fat and the chip inside is questionable as well as the 50 second shut off which sounds very annoying.

Wow in for a penny in for a pound. Weren't you just coming off a Prothingy??

TC is a MASSIVE step up from a tootle puffer. Leaving tootle puffing behind is the point where you quit fearing smoking and start vaping. Your gonna love it.

On TC I'm ahead of you but not by alot. I've had an IPV4 for awhile but I'm a builder and it took awhile to get nickel wire and then single coils (cause of me fearing dual nickel) in low airflow tanks like the Taifun. Only recently have I switched to store bought nickel coils. I love building and have some real good stuff here but honestly I have to remind myself to use the old stuff. TC with the right tank is that good. TC with the wrong tank isn't that good so I blamed it.

For tanks I use a Sigelei Elite and a Smok VCT. Both are excellent with the VCT being milder. The Starre is a great tank though I have never used it with TC.

The Snow Wolf was my sons dream mod until we went to Syracuse to pick one up last week. The store said they sold out in a week and everyone came back within a week so they are no longer going to carry it. More then that basic info I have nothing.

The IPV4 have been a fantastic mod for me but if you don't like it you don't. I know whats thats like. Its a 100w mod but only TC up to 50w. Which in my opinion is plenty, I don't even use the 50. Actually only 40 which brings me to...............

The DNA 40 boxes. I been kinda getting into high watts with RDA's for fun but the IPV is my only 100w unit and its my only TC unit. Little by little my low watt 30 and 50 boxes are becoming bust collectors. So I need either another TC box or another 100.40 warts is plenty for me in TC so I been studying the DNA's, mostly the rDNA from Vaporshark. I couldn't make up my mind so I did the only right thing, I bought a Sigeli 100 Plus and plan to get a TC.

At this point I'm waiting on the Sigelei with TC. Plenty of power and I like the way they build things.

So in closing I want you to buy the Sigelei with TC and tell me how it works.

I really think TC is the way moving forward. Its gonna be tough to let go of the old ways but I think its gonna happen organically. One day I will look over and realize I haven't used that stuff in forever.

If your worried about coil cost rest assured coil life is super high. If I was using just one setup I'd have to guess several weeks at least putting cost at a buck a week or so. Juice is another matter and one which you'll control on your own. Real low nic is required so if you want to stay the same you'll half the amount of nic and double the juice but fewer pulls on it. So you'll spend less time vaping to stay the same. I like to vape so I have to do 0 nic some of the time. Something like 12mg nic out of the Sigelei would likely put me in the er.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
Yeah that was what I was going to ask. Most regular sub ohm tanks most people use 50-70watts right ?
It depends on the tank, resistance, dual or single coils etc...my .5 ohm subtanks I go between 15-20 watts, my vct .6 dual coil more like 30-35 watts. Other people may use that same setup a lot higher wattages. I like keeping it really low to where I still get satisfying flavor and vapor, but burn less juice, save battery life, avoid dry hits. So it's a combination of lots of things including personal preference.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

I am looking at

So my question is for most Sub-OHM tanks do you really need more than 75 watts? The Freemax Starre Pro has the TC Coils.

1: "So my question is for most Sub-OHM tanks do you really need more than 75 watts?"
The wattage required depends on the coil you use.
But in general, you can run drippers at higher wattage than tanks.
2: "Is only having a 1 battery mod bad in anyway other than you need to carry another battery cause it does not last as long?"
Two batteries can deliver more power (watts) than one.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I received mine on Friday and I am absolutely loving it. It is the easiest TC mod to navigate and to operate. No need to set to TC mode. You set wattage then press the up and down buttons simultaneously to switch to temp setting to set the temperature. I am using it with an Atlantis 2 with the Vaporshark Atlantis nickel coil. What took a bit to get used to is the resistance displays the real time resistance, so when the coil is at room temp it shows 0.16 ohms and then after vaping it, the display shows 0.36 ohms. There is no need to lock resistance on this thing. The glass sides is an absolute fingerprint magnet.....just ordered a vinyl wrap to cover it up although the glass sides are so pretty though, not sure if I really want to cover it. The shut off really isn't an issue. If you pick it up after a while sitting, you just need to do the 5x click to turn it back on. I look at it as a safety feature since the button is raised and is easy to push. With the mod auto-locking, you don't need to worry about accidentally firing the mod if you stick it in your pocket.

Aside from getting your grubby fingerprints all over it, the only other downside I see is with the sharp edges, they do dig into your fingers a bit if you're holding onto it and are vaping for a while.

I saw a video review where the reviewer put it best. It looks like holding a thick iPhone.

Reactions: hashtag

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I received mine on Friday and I am absolutely loving it. It is the easiest TC mod to navigate and to operate. No need to set to TC mode. You set wattage then press the up and down buttons simultaneously to switch to temp setting to set the temperature. I am using it with an Atlantis 2 with the Vaporshark Atlantis nickel coil. What took a bit to get used to is the resistance displays the real time resistance, so when the coil is at room temp it shows 0.16 ohms and then after vaping it, the display shows 0.36 ohms. There is no need to lock resistance on this thing. The glass sides is an absolute fingerprint magnet.....just ordered a vinyl wrap to cover it up although the glass sides are so pretty though, not sure if I really want to cover it. The shut off really isn't an issue. If you pick it up after a while sitting, you just need to do the 5x click to turn it back on. I look at it as a safety feature since the button is raised and is easy to push. With the mod auto-locking, you don't need to worry about accidentally firing the mod if you stick it in your pocket.

Aside from getting your grubby fingerprints all over it, the only other downside I see is with the sharp edges, they do dig into your fingers a bit if you're holding onto it and are vaping for a while.

I saw a video review where the reviewer put it best. It looks like holding a thick iPhone.
Where did you find the wrap? I haven't seen a lot of them yet. I might like a silicone sleeve, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread