Status
Not open for further replies.

healinghands

Jan 31, 2012
PA, USA
Hello All,
Quit analogs 1/20/12! I have gone through tons of different e cigs and my hubby just ordered me a provari:p I NEED A COVER!!!
Crochet maybe???? I am now on the lookout for covers/cases/stands/tanks everything!! Would love to support any local entrepreneurs! Show me your beautiful work! This little shopping spree is going to be so fun!!
Thanks!

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Here is what I did. No slip grip made of 1/16" fishing twine. Like they use on trot lines.
_MG_1251 copy.jpg

JKVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
$6 can of Plasti-dip From HomeDepot, about 7-10 coats, 30-60 min between coats. First couple coats go light, then last coats go a little thicker. Use painters tape or electrical tape to cover the screen then carefully use an exacto knife to remove from window when done. This stuff works great and make a comfortable grip on your hand. Kind of like a rubber grip and is completely removable with nothing left behind, not like paint but is applied like paint. I did my YJ Lavatube with it this weekend with a little testing on a flashlight for a test.

Convert_toThis1.jpg Convert_toThis3.jpg

Last edited:

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I can't remember where the thread is, but you can buy a pair of grips for a dirtbike and cut it out for the LED and button. Looked really cool, i've been meaning to try it myself.

I was going to say that, but you beat me too it :)

Just for the record though, I don't use a cover. I like mine just the way it is.

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
$6 can of Plasti-dip From HomeDepot, about 7-10 coats, 30-60 min between coats. First couple coats go light, then last coats go a little thicker. Use painters tape or electrical tape to cover the screen then carefully use an exacto knife to remove from window when done. This stuff works great and make a comfortable grip on your hand. Kind of like a rubber grip and is completely removable with nothing left behind, not like paint but is applied like paint. I did my YJ Lavatube with it this weekend with a little testing on a flashlight for a test.

View attachment 141059 View attachment 141058

Deja vu. I even tested with a flashlight first also.

I did 3 coats...hope yours lasts longer :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
DIY protective rubber sleeve for a Provari - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...expensive-rubber-provari-protective-grip.html

As others above before me said, made from an $8 motorcycle dirt bike handlebar rubber grip. Made the cuts with an exacto knife. I made a blue and black one. They feel really good in your hand.

View attachment 141056

Or, SerenityGear Leather makes customized leather sleeves and lanyards designed for specific models of APV's.
__

For a carrying case, I recommend the one I am currently using for my Provari. I like it because unlike other ego-type cases, this one has webbed pockets that open the same on both sides. Room for a backup device, batteries for both, and whatever you vape. Organizes everything you need for 2-3 days of vaping.

Smokeless Image | The Best Electronic Cigarette

View attachment 141060

__

For your first tank, I recommend a pyrex tank from IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us!. Nice size and nice looking on a Provari. Pyrex glass allows using even e-juices that are known to crack or melt plastic tanks, such as cinnamon or citris fruit flavors. Tough enough to survive a fall on carpet. You can get a tube and endcaps setup for as inexpensive as $21.

View attachment 141065 View attachment 141066

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread