HELP Kanger T3S Leaking like crazy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

djennings

Mar 12, 2014
Dayton, OH, USA
I bought a Kanger T3S about a week ago and once it gets to about 0.6 ml it will start leaking everywhere. Took it back about 2 days ago and asked them about it and they replaced the coil and filled it back up, well about an hour ago it got back down to the 0.6 ml and started doing it again. I take it that this must be a common problem so hopefully someone has a solution!!

Thank You!!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Yep, happened to me too. First off, you can't let it get that low; I'm surprised it's not gurgling at you, or making the juice taste bad, burned. You should never let it get below at least 1ml, actually about 1.6, mine starts gurgling and sometimes gives a nasty taste from burnt juice -- the coil is right there at the bottom and needs a sufficient amount of juice on it, or it will burn what little is left.

You need to take the base off, as you do when you refill it, and have a look at the two little rubber o-rings, or gaskets, on the base itself, not on the coil. The smaller one, near where the coil screws in, should lay perfectly flat on the ridge where it sits. Mine was not, and it was practically drowning my battery. If you can't get that flat ring to lay perfectly flat, you should get a new base; they're cheap. Or maybe you could just replace that flat rubber ring. I got a new base, and now it doesn't leak.

Hope that helps,
Andria

djennings

Mar 12, 2014
Dayton, OH, USA
I did not realize that you should re-fill while it still had liquid in it! Yes it starts gurgling at about the 0.6 ml mark and like you said drowning the battery! I just cleaned everything and filled it back up. When I re-fill i pull up the top gasket a bit so that when I screw everything back together it will seat itself and have a tight seal.

I hate to say it, but I had the same issue. While refilling before getting too low works, it's just annoying.

I finally started rebuilding coils and I did manage to fix it that way. I use a slightly larger than factory wick on the bottom and that blocks the leaking. So far, so good, I can vape right to the bottom.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I did not realize that you should re-fill while it still had liquid in it! Yes it starts gurgling at about the 0.6 ml mark and like you said drowning the battery! I just cleaned everything and filled it back up. When I re-fill i pull up the top gasket a bit so that when I screw everything back together it will seat itself and have a tight seal.

Nothing should be more than "fingertip" tight. And I think pulling it up is what is causing or worsening the problem; if it doesn't lay completely flat on that ridge, juice can get around it. When I saw it happening over and over, I pulled out the base of the one that WASN'T leaking, and looked at it; that flat gasket is perfectly flat, and that one doesnt' leak at all.

Andria

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I agree keeping the tank topped off helps stop flooding, but you might also try adding a little more flavor wick. Too little and they flood. Too much and it will choke and taste burnt. You can steal a little from another coil or use a little twisted cotton.

Good idea; someone told me that high-VG juices don't need that flavor wick so much, but 50/50 to high-PG really needs it to prevent leaking.

It's funny, the first one I bought always registered pretty high on resistance, aboout 2.8, even though it's supposed to be 2.5. The day I took it apart because I thought it might need dry-burning, I found that it didn't when I pulled up the flavor wick, the main wick and the flavor wick were both still white; I put the flavor wick back, a bit straighter than I found it, and after that, it hits either right on 2.5 resistance, or sometimes 2.6. Really strange.

Andria

PS: LOVE! your avatar!! :D

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
While refilling before getting too low works, it's just annoying.

nature of the beast w/bottom coils. However, it does seem silly to have a 3ml clearo when you can't really USE it after it drops down to 1.6 :lol:

Top coils you have to tilt to wet wicks. I guess you pick what annnoyance you wanna live with

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
nature of the beast w/bottom coils. However, it does seem silly to have a 3ml clearo when you can't really USE it after it drops down to 1.6 :lol:

Top coils you have to tilt to wet wicks. I guess you pick what annnoyance you wanna live with

Very true. When I tried the clearos that came with my iTaste vv3, the iClear16, it utterly destroyed the taste of my juice, and nearly gave me blisters on my lips, even at the iTaste's lowest setting. So i went and got a bottom-coil one, which turned out to be the T3S, and couldn't be happier. Apparently they're all subject to one problem or another, and leaking seems pretty common; I had to troubleshoot mine myself, and when I saw that flat gasket that won't stay flat, I knew what the problem was -- since getting that new base, problem gone.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread