HELP!! Possible fake Innokin iClear30 tanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDankNuggs

Feb 13, 2013
CT
So I'm a huge fan of iClear 30 tanks I have/had 4 of them, they are my go to for non tank cracking juices. I have for the first time run into some problems with them, I purchased a new tank & a 5 pack a coil heads from MtBakerVapor (this is not a knock on MBV they are one of my favorite distributors) & I noticed that these heads looked & felt a little different than other Innokin's I've received in the past, the wick material was definitely different from the stock heads in addition to that I noticed that the stock heads and the heads I purchased in the past had 2.0 ohms printed on the stem of the head the ones from MBV didn't have any writing on them at all. It also appeared that the tank I received was different from my other iClear's, the font on the plastic of the tank was different and there was extra writing on the bottom of the tank(the metal part with the 510 threading) Now I wouldn't really care if it was operating normally but its not, The 510 threading isn't carrying a connection to the coil head & I'm not getting any vapor. It got me thinking that maybe MBV has recently changed distributors and are possibly receiving knockoff Innokin tanks & parts. I'm trying to figure out a couple things with this thread 1. has anyone gotten a iClear recently and noticed a change in the font. 2. Did they change the Wicking material in the iClears 3. Has anyone received a new iClear30 that has stopped working within the first week. I will post some pictures later in the day when I get home from work, I also plan on calling Mt Baker when I get the opportunity today just to see what they say. I love MBV but if they are selling knockoffs & parts without knowing it they should know & hopefully we can get to the bottom of it. As with everything once something becomes popular and profitable it doesn't take long for the cheap Chinese knockoffs to come rushing in & I'm afraid that we may be seeing the beginning of it with Innokin line of products.

JonnyB88

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Elgin, IL, USA
I just got another iClear 30 from MBV on Monday. I've also ordered heads from them as well.
The iClear was my first one from MBV and it looked a bit different than all my others from other vendors. The writing on the tank seems to be bold and stands out far better. I, however, haven't had any problems.
Have you tried using multiple heads in the same iClear 30?

DrDankNuggs

Feb 13, 2013
CT
Yeah, I thought it was the head at first so I replaced the head with a known working one (just swapped from my another iClear), and nothing my Vmax reads it as 0.0ohms. If you have two tanks to compare two check out the bottom metal part where the threading is, the writing is different on there as well. The wicks they are selling are definitely different from one I have purches elsewhere, the ones from MBV felt almost like some sort of cotton blend where the stock one and other replacements have felt more substantial as well as having "2.0 ohms" written on the metal stem of the head.

murphyramone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Rockford, Il
I think that there are bunch of diffrent companys that make heads for the diffrent units. I have ordered heads for the protank and gotten diffrent ones in the same shipment (length of the post is noticeably shorter than normal) They work the same tho. Id say call Mt Baker, they have great customer service from my experiences.

DrDankNuggs

Feb 13, 2013
CT
So I called Baker and as always great customer service, they immediately offered to send me out a replacement definitely remedies the problem but they were not able to answer the question if they had knowingly received knockoff so guess that part is going to be a mystery until others run into my problem, I guess I could contact Innokin and see if they have changed the printed font on their tanks and if they say no I guess well know that there is another company out there selling knockoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread