*** HELP! PROBLEMS WITH THE SIGELEI ZMAX v3 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockmissjess

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Prescott, AZ
I recieved my sigelei zmax v3 telescope kit 2 weeks ago.. (i bought a different charger and 18650 batteries) now no matter what battery im putting in it.. (all fully charged) i cannot get a consistant vape from it... (using protank2, yeah ive tried other tanks same result)
here is my last few vapes:

-no vape
-no vape
-no vape
-tiny vape
-no vape
-no vape
-tiny vape
-tiny vape
-tiny vape
-little vape
-tiny vape
-tiny vape
-no vape
-no vape
1- Full vape
2-little vape
3-little vape
3-tiny vape
4-NO VAPE
5-NO VAPE

I read so many great things about this device i did not expect any problems :(

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Set LCD display to display resistance.

If when you press it says 9.9 ohm then it's not seeing proper connection.

If you have an eGo tank.... does the v3 have eGo thread? if so, try the eGo tank because the 510 connection might be the problem.

Also look for "Low resistance" on the display if that comes up when you press; I was warned about that when I got my zmax (not a telescoping one) that when you screw down to tight it shorts out the 510 connector.

rockmissjess

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Prescott, AZ
lol cant use the ego tank... tried that the first day... went to take the tank off and butterscotch all over my bed, my hands and my pants.. lol i dont know how to bring up the resistance? it gives me these options in the menu
out/on/off (ON)
voltage up (my voltage 3.6)
voltage down
battery voltage (4.1)
LCD display (voltage)
LCD ON/OFF (ON)
POWER VOLTAGE (VOLTAGE)
RMS/MEAN (RMS)

rockmissjess

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Prescott, AZ
I have the V5 and I can actually understand what you mean by that description. It has happened to me a couple times. Any time it happened to me I either had some liquid in the ego connection or my tank was too tight.

Thats what i thought at first i tried loosening it, then back and forth trying to see if it was the tanks connection and i got nothing.. there is no liquid down there either...

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Remove the top cap, clean and dry the 510/eGo connector and inside of top cap with Kleenex. Replace the top cap. Check the center pin of the atomizer. Is it centered? Screw on the atomizer.

-Remove the battery cap for 20 seconds. Check that the battery spring is seated in the cap. Set the telescopic tube so that the 18650 extends 1/8" beyond the battery tube for the tall battery cap, 1/8" below for the short battery cap. Screw on the battery cap. Does the word Sigelei appear on the screen and go out?
-Start the system with 5 rapid clicks. The word Sigelei appears on the screen and the words System:ON scrolls across the screen.
-Bring up the menu with three rapid clicks. Go to Menu Item #5 LCD Display and select: Resistance. The Screen will now display atomizer resistance when the fire button is pressed. If 9.9 appears you have atomizer issues. The coil resistance will appear on the display is the atomizer is working correctly.
-If the atomizer is OK, go back to Menu Item 5 again and select Voltage.

Last edited:

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
resistance 9.9
The atomizer has issues or is not making electrical contact with the Sigelei center pin. Some atomizer center pins can be adjusted by prying them out a little. I use a push pin for this on 510 cartos. Make sure the pin is centered when done. This happens to me after using a carto in a carto tank for a long time. The center pin can get depressed with time or if overtightened.

Last edited:

rockmissjess

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Prescott, AZ
The atomizer has issues or is not making electrical contact with the Sigelei center pin. Some atomizer center pins can be adjusted by prying them out a little. I use a push pin for this on 510 cartos. Make sure the pin is centered when done. This happens to me after using a carto in a carto tank for a long time. The center pin can get depressed with time or if overtightened.

the zmax by itself reads 9.9 with the tank on it reads 2.2

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
The Sigeleis are quirky about remembering the last voltage or wattage setting you used before changing a battery or removing the battery cap. Doing that requires a system reboot. When operating in VV mode it will not remember the last voltage setting you used before a reboot. It will default to 3.0V and you must adjust voltage up at Menu Item #2. For a 2.2 ohm coil, try 4.0 volts for starters.

The Sigelei will remember the last power setting you used during a battery change or reboot. If you used 7.0 watts before, it will remember the last setting you used in the power (VW) mode after a battery change or reboot.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
lol cant use the ego tank... tried that the first day... went to take the tank off and butterscotch all over my bed, my hands and my pants.. lol i dont know how to bring up the resistance? it gives me these options in the menu
out/on/off (ON)
voltage up (my voltage 3.6)
voltage down
battery voltage (4.1)
LCD display (voltage)
LCD ON/OFF (ON)
POWER VOLTAGE (VOLTAGE)
RMS/MEAN (RMS)

Got to LCD display Voltage
then press; and you will see Resistance.

Then afterwards whenever you press it will show you the resistance of the coil. IF there is no coil connected it will show 9.9 ohm.

So if you see it saying 9.9 ohm when you know you have your tank on top, it confirms that the electical connection is the problem.

Leave it on resistance setting and when you get the problem, look at the screen and see what the resistance shows.

Last edited:

rockmissjess

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Prescott, AZ
Im going to send it back.. its still having issues... after going all that
-regular vape
-regular vape
(changing voltage to 3.2 & refilling tank)
-tiny vape
-tiny vape
-tiny vape
-tiny vape
-tiny vape
-tiny vape
(changes from protank 2 to iclear30)
-tiny vape
-tiny vape
(ups voltage to 3.7)
-little vape
-regular vape
-little vape
-little vape
(changes back to protank 2)
regular vape
regular vape
small vape
small vape
tiny vape

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Im going to send it back.. its still having issues... after going all that
-regular vape
-regular vape
(changing voltage to 3.2 & refilling tank)
-tiny vape
-tiny vape
-tiny vape
-tiny vape
-tiny vape
-tiny vape
(changes from protank 2 to iclear30)
-tiny vape
-tiny vape
(ups voltage to 3.7)
-little vape
-regular vape
-little vape
-little vape
(changes back to protank 2)
regular vape
regular vape
small vape
small vape
tiny vape

Youre getting 2 ohms showing when this is happening?

When you hold the mouthpiece to your ear do you hear the snap crackle pop!

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
As a last resort and considering that maybe you have different coil resistances in each of your atomizers I recommend that you go to Menu Item #7 and select Power. That will operate the Sigelei in VW mode. Set Menu Item #2 to 6.5 or 7.0 watts. You should get decent vapor production on all of your atomizers without further adjustment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread