Not open for further replies.

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
Hi everyone,

After contacting a few people around-the-way, and getting very few responses, I'm moving this to more public venues.

I'm trying to get a blog, youtube, and Facebook started — My Vape Story.

The idea is to have regular vapers share their stories, to put faces and reality to ecigs and vaping. I think this is an important step in bringing our cause to the general public, in letting people see that these devices are used by REAL people, that they save lives. That they are not an extension of the traditional tobacco industry, and that they should not be thought of a specialized medical devices.

If you're interested in sharing your story, visit the links below. Maybe like the FB page and share the blog link around.

We need to become more visible and more human. The fight for ecigs will be won or lost in the battle for public opinion. The MSM and their patrons in PHARMA and BigTobacco started their campaign a long time ago.

http://myvapestory.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html
https://www.facebook.com/MyVapeStory

Last edited:

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
Now I have. I'd like to do something like that, but with video on Youtube and Vimeo, with an associated FB and blog.

Less "snapshot and a 1 sentence statement" and more of a personal experience, with much more content.

I think it needs to be done. Apparently pretty much no one is into it though. Maybe in a few months, having abstained from buying a few mods, I'll get some loot together and buy a GoPro and take to the streets.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
The We Are Vapers project had a similar goal...
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/we-are-vapers

I'd still love to see that come to fruition, but it's starting to look dead in the water.

I think you have a great idea, as I was a little disappointed that #IMPROOF doesn't seem to be doing videos.
I'd like to see you, or anyone for that matter, get a real project like this going for real.

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
They raised that YEARS ago and their website isn't even up?|

FFS

I may look into getting 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, and going that route myself. never really considered it, but with actual capital we could really stage a legit campaign, get a few people out there with cameras.... we could do a lot, actually. Giveaways, rallies, add-space, professional design.

Having produced my novel from the ground-up all the way, I just got so used to doing everything myself with no resources that the idea of raising loot publicly never really crossed my mind.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
This is the last update from January 25th of this year...

January 25th 2014

I would like to thank everyone that has supported this project! The process of making this documentary has been great and challenging.

I have now reviewed all of the footage that was originally shot (about 400 hours). There is lots of footage of vapers stories and some great interviews with Doctors and Scientists. The original intent of the documentary was to tell the stories of vapers to the world. If you search the internet and youtube these stories are all over the place. After lots of thought the footage we have lacks tension or other compelling / unifing thread. I have decided to add some elements to the movie that I will need to go out an film. I am working on adding footage that will tell the American story….. how this industry has transformed the lives of people not only by quitting smoking but also by creating jobs. For the tension element we will film the reactions of people and vendors to the deeming regulations when they are released.

Sincerely
Linc Williams
Director

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
The We Are Vapers project had a similar goal...
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/we-are-vapers

I'd still love to see that come to fruition, but it's starting to look dead in the water.

I think you have a great idea, as I was a little disappointed that #IMPROOF doesn't seem to be doing videos.
I'd like to see you, or anyone for that matter, get a real project like this going for real.

Isn't Dimitris Agrafiotis part of this project and he is pretty high profile on the vaping scene. Has anyone asked him if the project will ever be completed? (I don't know him, so I haven't) I donated to it about 2-3 years ago. Frustrating

Note: I just sent him a message on his Facebook page. See if I get a response.

Last edited:

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
This is the last update from January 25th of this year...

OIC. It's gonna be a legit documentary/movie. That is important too, as it will reach different audiences and could do very well on Netflix etc.

I think one of the advantages of what I have in mind is that it is a more organic (best word I could think of) approach that would grow incrementally as opposed to a massive single project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread