Help! The LED light is not shutting off and there's a burnin smell...???

Status
Not open for further replies.

saminiccole

Jun 14, 2015
So I literally just bought my first ecig today from a flea market and not even 30 min later, the battery died, so I charged it for a bit. After a while, the LED became stuck and it will not shut off. The battery won't shut off. Also, there's a smell like burning wires so I'm really worried about it catching fire or something. I'm leaving it outside for the night just in case. Does anyone know what to do about this???

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
So I literally just bought my first ecig today from a flea market and not even 30 min later, the battery died, so I charged it for a bit. After a while, the LED became stuck and it will not shut off. The battery won't shut off. Also, there's a smell like burning wires so I'm really worried about it catching fire or something. I'm leaving it outside for the night just in case. Does anyone know what to do about this???

something like that happened to me too back in 2013 after a few months of vaping, and it was the reason I made the upgrade from ego type batteries to 18650 replaceable battery mods. If something goes wrong inside the mod, you can unscrew it and take out the battery. With those ego batteries, when something goes wrong inside.. well you kind just have to sit by and hope for the best; maybe put in an iron pot or pressure cooker pot and cover it.

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
Unscrew the tank from the battery and throw it out if it's auto firing. It's not worth it to fix it. But don't just throw it in the garbage, like edyle said put it in an iron pan or something and make sure it doesnt melt. You could try exchanging it where you bought it but if you really want to try ecigs you should get some quality gear so that you don't have to worry and have the best possible experience. I'm not saying spend a lot, but there are plenty of solid ego batteries like spinners and clks and the like, or an istick 30 or even an ego one that aren't too expensive.

Reactions: KattMamma

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
something like that happened to me too back in 2013 after a few months of vaping, and it was the reason I made the upgrade from ego type batteries to 18650 replaceable battery mods. If something goes wrong inside the mod, you can unscrew it and take out the battery. With those ego batteries, when something goes wrong inside.. well you kind just have to sit by and hope for the best; maybe put in an iron pot or pressure cooker pot and cover it.

So much this, i've yet to had that to happen. But i quickly advanced out of egos due being paranoid with egos solid batteries. Like you said, you kinda need to hope for the best. Egos are way more volatile than imr cells due they're are designed to just vent. (In most cases)

I feel more secure with imr 18650 cells than egos. Altho it's not always the best thing to advice newbies to use these kind of mods unless it's regulated. But even then basic battery safety-knowledge is needed.

I would suggest you to not use that battery anymore. Leave it outside for the night in a fire proof place. Then hand it in for appropriate care. (Not sure what the english word is, but in swe we've special places to deliver faulty or broken batteries.)

Bassnorma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Geekville, USA
If you cannot remove the battery throw it away now and get a safe one. What kind is it?

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Try tapping on the button to get it unstuck. I did have one on low charge stay on the other day but it wasn't putting anything out, brain was confused due to lack of voltage I think (as it's gotten old it acts wonky right before it runs out). If it's not connected to a topper, it should be able to stay "on" without using any power, except to light the LED, unless internally shorted. The burning smell seems odd as the units are pretty well sealed.

That it's from a flea market shouldn't be a reason to suspect it, unless someone passed off on them a known bad product to get rid of it. Cheapness means a the occasional device is bad but not most of them. I have seen eGo clearomizers that leaked within a day, which is garbage, so there's some bad stuff out there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread