Help with a flavor build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigCheef

Feb 17, 2015
USA
Hey everyone, I need some advice for a flavor build.

I recently got a BAAL RDA in, its similar to a mutation, about 6 air holes on each side and I use it on my sigelei 100watt.

I currently only have 26g kanthal and I've been doing .50ohm dual micro coils, and tried twisted but it didn't help either.

i plan on picking up some thicker gauge this week. If anyone can give me advice for a flavor build that would also run smoothly on the sigelei it would be appreciated.

greatimp81

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
Portland, Oregon, United States
So I run 26ga kanthal on my Doge 2 and my Plume Veil 1.5. I am running at .5 ohm coils but not running micro's. Instead I am running 3mm coils in both and I get amazing flavor. I only have to push between 20 and 30 watts on my Eleaf Istick 30. I have tried both on a sigelei 150 watts. When I pushed up over 35 I really started loosing flavor. On the build I use 6 wraps. You can also go 24ga nichrome at 7 wraps which is where I rebuild my melo atomizers at.

BigCheef

Feb 17, 2015
USA
The thing for me is I'm not getting much of any flavor, I understand its more for clouds but it comes with a dome shaped top cap as well as the chuff top and i know I should be able to get a better flavor than what I'm getting when utilizing air holes with that dome cap.
I picked up some 24g as well. I've never made anything bigger than 2mm coils, but I'm gonna give that 3mm a try here shortly. Maybe that's my problem here, heck I even made a Clapton coil and it wasn't much better so it isn't gonna hurt to try a bigger coil.

Braaapp

Moved On
Feb 25, 2012
New Orleans, LA
A larger coil diameter will decrease flavor output in my experience, it only helps wicking at high wattage. Try adjusting your coils outward from the posts so they are as close as possible to the air holes, and slightly above the holes so the air passes over and under on the way to the mouthpiece. Coil position is pretty crucial when hunting flavor builds.

tyjo1986

Dec 12, 2014
Iowa
My go to flavor build is 26 gauge kanthal dual coil. 5 wraps around a 3mm screwdriver however I keep my wraps spaced evenly. Comes out to about .35 ohms I wick wick cotton bacon and vape at 55watts on my mutation v3 with air flow cut down to half. I find that for my taste turning down the watts and closing the airflow more just does not do it for me. This build produces a warm flavorful vape but lacks slightly on density. Another plus is that for the amount of vapor it does not use a huge amount of juice.

Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
I'm not accustomed to dual coils but I do use 26 ga kanthal on a single and it comes out really well for flavor. I do 8 and a 1/2 wraps around a 2.4mm for a 1 ohm, only run around 14 to 16 watts or so. Might be worth a try if you're just looking for flavor.
On what kind of RDA? BigCheef's RDA is similar to a mutation x, which means it's gonna be very airy and is more of a cloud chasing atty. This is why I suggest a Clapton(s). I have a mutation x v3 & v4, and run fused Claptons on both. They substantially increased the flavor the attys put out.
OP - after reading that you only have 26g at your disposal right now, try making a "TMinterlock" coil. To make this, take 2-3 pieces of clockwise tightly twisted 26g and then reverse twist (counter-clockwise) them together until they form a tight interlocking chain look. You can lightly flatten the wire from there but you don't need to. If you're on Instagram, search for the hashtag "TMinterlock" to see what I am referring to

FuzzyTheFox

May 28, 2015
Hey everyone, I need some advice for a flavor build.

I recently got a BAAL RDA in, its similar to a mutation, about 6 air holes on each side and I use it on my sigelei 100watt.

I currently only have 26g kanthal and I've been doing .50ohm dual micro coils, and tried twisted but it didn't help either.

i plan on picking up some thicker gauge this week. If anyone can give me advice for a flavor build that would also run smoothly on the sigelei it would be appreciated.

Well normally thicker wire increases the surface area so that'll aim more towards vapor production then anything else (Depending on the difference in wire).. If you want to drop the bucks then ive been hearing that a hobo RDA really kicks in flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread