Help with diy box mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobono

Jul 29, 2015
Hey folks, first time posting on here. I was a smoker for over ten years, now I've been vaping for over a year. Last month I decided to build my first box mod, a unregulated dual 18650 wired in parallel, with two 15 amp hold fuses, mosfet, and a master on/off. Everything was going great until last week, one of the batteries no longer discharged. I tested and noticed that it was just the right slot on the battery sled, I assumed the root cause was the fuse assembly as they are quite fragile. Disassembled and sure enough one of the legs broke off, I replaced both fuses and the wires/heatshrink. Today the problem resurfaced, however now it is the left slot. I'm considering removing the fuse assembly, which consists of two 16 gauge stranded wires, each going to an individual fuse leg. Then both other legs going to two pieces of 16g wire twisted together and out to the firing switch and pin connector. The negative contacts are jumped with a piece of wire, and then the mosfet is wired to one of these contacts. Finally my question: What is your preferred way to wire the positive contacts without fuses? Do you jump the positive contacts as well and then twist out wire from one of them? I know it's basically preference but I'm just curious and would like to make it look tidy as well. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

Reactions: thetrucker

Jobono

Jul 29, 2015
Dual_18650_Wiring_Diagram_1024x1024.png
for reference this is the same wiring I'm using, but looking to remove the fuses.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
773_wallnuts.jpg

The RED one on the right. But you will need to upgrade to 12AWG solid copper wire. Which is a good idea anyway. It's 20A wire, and won't get as hot as the stranded 16 you are using now. Put one wire off each POS bat terminal and the 3rd to the 510. The wires just push in and get pinched to hold them in place. They are about 1/2" squared, plus a lil more on the width with the 3 slot type.

Reactions: Jobono

josdanarm

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2015
Cool I seen this guy on YouTube with these Lipo boxes he says pushes 1000w I don't want anything like that I just heard those batteries seem to perform better and may last longer. I love to blow big a clouds but I can do the same on a 165 w box that I can on a mech. I don't need it I just really want it lol

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread