Help with Dream BT804

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Canada
Just received a BT804 and thought I understood this rebuildable. 1st fill attempt juice is 'everywhere' (filling the bottom chamber, gushing out air hole, table, floor, walls, ceiling :laugh:? Is there even supposed to be liquid in the bottom chamber where the spring and the air hole are located (I don't think so)? Mine is filled with liquid which leaked out the hole and hence everywhere. Inside the coil/wick chamber appeared to be ok but I am obviously doing something wrong?

Questions:
1. Do I insert the wicks into the juice channels or not (I have seen conflicting information on this)?
2. How exactly do I fill this thing correctly to avoid getting juice everywhere? Is it simply a matter of closing the air hole and 510 connection while filling and then inverting prior to tightening up the top completely and then completing the top seal? :confused:

Thanks

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
..... Questions: 1. Do I insert the wicks into the juice channels or not (I have seen conflicting information on this)? ....

Judging by the threads, most of us don't, but I have seen a utube video where the fellow did and it seemed to work ok. I use cheese cloth and the wick just come down above the channels and ends just past the channels. I also use the so called micro coil on mine with great results. Here's a pic of a kfl that should give you an idea. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...tems/436118-kayfun-lite-148.html#post10347700

Some info on the micro coil here. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/389074-micro-coil-rba-your-reo.html

...... 2. How exactly do I fill this thing correctly to avoid getting juice everywhere? Is it simply a matter of closing the air hole and 510 connection while filling and then inverting prior to tightening up the top completely and then completing the top seal? :confused: Thanks

I never could master filling from the top. I plug the mouth piece hole (use a q-tip if you don't have anything else), turn it upside down and unscrew the bottom from the tank. Fill almost 1/3 full eyeballing from the top of the tank. When you screw the bottom back on, keep an eye on the channel area. Juice should come up around the chimney and stop short of going in the channels. If to much juice is forced up through the channels it will flood the deck area and go back down the center air hole.

Last edited:

Baddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Canada
Judging by the threads, most of us don't, but I have seen a utube video where the fellow did and it seemed to work ok. I use cheese cloth and the wick just come down above the channels and ends just past the channels. I also use the so called micro coil on mine with great results. Here's a pic of a kfl that should give you an idea. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...tems/436118-kayfun-lite-148.html#post10347700

Some info on the micro coil here. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/389074-micro-coil-rba-your-reo.html

I never could master filling from the top. I plug the mouth piece hole (use a q-tip if you don't have anything else), turn it upside down and unscrew the bottom from the tank. Fill almost 1/3 full eyeballing from the top of the tank. When you screw the bottom back on, keep an eye on the channel area. Juice should come up around the chimney and stop short of going in the channels. If to much juice is forced up through the channels it will flood the deck area and go back down the center air hole.

Thanks JD1 That's helpful. The microcoil is exactly where I'm going ... coil is setup with cotton wick which I just laid in the coil chamber and not into the channels. I think I'll try your suggestion to fill from the bottom ... not sure exactly how the juice could come through mouth piece but at this point I'm not taking any more chances. If I spill any more juice on the carpet I'll have to get out my rubber boots!' :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread