HELP?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony zucco

Aug 14, 2015
Ok, i recently bought the smpl mod amd the troll rda in a package deal, the local vape shop had me set up at 24 gauge 5 wraps each (duel coils), it was seriously killing my sony vtc4 in a half hour, today i went and bought 28 gauge wire and i used steam engin to see how many wraps for .5ohms it told me 3.4, i did that and im not happy with the vapor production, and advice on a build with my 24 gauge or 28 gauge to make it hit like a truck and keep a good batt life??? Im new to building!!! This is my first rda!!! Help lol!

Anthony zucco

Aug 14, 2015
Ok, i recently bought the smpl mod amd the troll rda in a package deal, the local vape shop had me set up at 24 gauge 5 wraps each (duel coils), it was seriously killing my sony vtc4 in a half hour, today i went and bought 28 gauge wire and i used steam engin to see how many wraps for .5ohms it told me 3.4, i did that and im not happy with the vapor production, and advice on a build with my 24 gauge or 28 gauge to make it hit like a truck and keep a good batt life??? Im new to building!!! This is my first rda!!! Help lol!
Any advice*********

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

1: what vape hardware do you have besides that?
if the smpl is your only mod then the local vape shop did a terrible job.
the smpl mod is a dangerous mod in the hands of new vapers, especially if they don't understand electricity.
the smpl mod cuts coners; it does not have a centerpin.
you run the danger of instant shortcircuit when your 510 connector contacts the top of the battery.

please get yourself a regulated mod; there are lots of them around nowadays.

2: when using steam engine, look at the flame icon over on the right.
blue is cold, red is hot, and green is good; green happens around 200 mW/mm2

and by the way, this is what a true hybrid looks like:
1687002-4.jpg

that's what I am vaping on right now; 3d rda on a nemesis; no 510 thread at all.

the other hybrid I know about is the elm rda on the tree of life mod, or any compatible threaded mod (I think it's m20x1; caravela, gp paps and several others should work too I think)

Reactions: MotoMudder

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015

Are you using one or two of those 28AWG coils in the RDA?
    If two, then you are at 0.25 ohms and your battery life would be very short.

Are you setting the inner coil diameter properly in Steam Engine?

3.4 wraps, even if two coils, doesn't give you much heated surface to vaporize fluid with. You might have to play with higher resistance coil builds that are much more effective in heating larger amounts of fluid at a time.

Anthony zucco

Aug 14, 2015
    Are you using one or two of those 28AWG coils in the RDA?
    If two, then you are at 0.25 ohms and your battery life would be very short.

Are you setting the inner coil diameter properly in Steam Engine?

3.4 wraps, even if two coils, doesn't give you much heated surface to vaporize fluid with. You might have to play with higher resistance coil builds that are much more effective in heating larger amounts of fluid at a time.
    Yes im using my coil jig at 3mm and i have 3 full wraps on both coils 28 gauge

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    OK, so you're at 0.25 ohms and that drains batteries very fast. I'll let the coil guys chime in with their recommendations but you're going to have to up your coil resistance to 1 ohm each if you want a 0.5 ohm build. Steam Engine shows you that.

Last edited:
    Reactions: AXIOM_1

MotoMudder

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 22, 2013
    Sumner, WA

Vapor production comes from surface area, the larger the coil, the more it can produce. and also, most times, more power it needs to heat up.
    power is very limited on a single battery mech.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 12, 2014
    Mpls/St.Paul, MN
    I just got all this in a package deal 5 days ago from myfreedomsmokes, the vape shop had me at 0.25ohms
    I hope you also bought an ohm reader.

Using a calculator is very handy BUT it won't tell you if something is wrong with your build. All builds must be measured on an ohm reader to make sure there are no unexpected problems.

Also, be very careful when using your SMPL mech mod or you could end up venting your battery.

Hybrid Top Caps & Battery Failure

smacksy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 17, 2014
    Alexandria, Louisiana USA
    My nephew has the smpl mod and I installed a dual 24g 7wrap kanthel build using a 3mm bit at .2 ohms for him in his Mutation X as this is his very first mech..
    This build pulls about 21A at 4.2v so he is using the Efest batt rated at 35A that is plenty safe for this load...
    This smpl mod uses a non removable hybrid top cap and one has to be sure the RDA has a protruding pin ..other than that he said it's hitting great ..of course he is a newbie and if works safely to blow a few clouds he is indeed very happy with it..lol

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    My nephew has the smpl mod and I installed a dual 24g 7wrap kanthel build using a 3mm bit at .2 ohms for him in his Mutation X as this is his very first mech..
    This build pulls about 21A at 4.2v so he is using the Efest batt rated at 35A that is plenty safe..
    This smpl mod uses a non removable hybrid top cap and one has to be sure the RDA has a protruding pin ..other than that he said it's hitting great ..of course he is a newbie and if works safely to blow a few clouds he is indeed very happy with it..lol

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Perhaps not plenty safe...
    That's a 20A battery, at best. It's being run very, very hard with that build.

A little bit of info...
    There are no 18650 batteries with a genuine rating over 30A! | E-Cigarette Forum

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread