Higher wattage vaping question

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by venemous, Oct 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. venemous

venemous Senior Member

Why would I be getting better vapor production at a lower wattage?
    Mvp2 evod coil wrapped at 1.3ohm. I get a LOT more vapor if I run at 11 watts than at 5 volts (17 ish watts) 85% VG if it matters...

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

2. Ryedan

Ryedan PV Master*

Supporting member
    I think the MVP2 has an amp limit around 3A and it kicks you back to low power if you exceed that. I don't have one, but I think I read that somewhere. Hopefully someone who knows these better will confirm/correct :thumb:

3. StarsAndBars

StarsAndBars Ultra Member

That is an oddity. Typically more watts=more vapor to a point. Then it just=burnt taste.

4. DetraMental

DetraMental Vaping Master

I agree StarsAndBars. That has been my experience especially with low ohms/resistance.

5. Ranic85

Ranic85 Moved On

I am running 56 watts right now. At what wattage will I experience this "burnt" taste?

6. Ryedan

Ryedan PV Master*

Supporting member
    56 watts? No. Did you mean 5 - 6 watts?

7. Thrasher

Thrasher Vaping Master

get around 50 or more with a .3 ohm coil but ya better be running a 20 amp or higher battery :D

8. Scarey

Scarey Super Member

Oddly enough, On a sub ohm setup on a mech, I can vape ridiculously high wattages. If I drop the same liquid on a vision spinner with a standard res coil, it tastes burnt at too high a voltage. I don't know why it works out like that.

9. Ranic85

Ranic85 Moved On

I did build a micro coil 1.2ohms on the protank and vaped it on a vamo at 15 watts. I think it has to do with juice flow, long as their is juice on the coils, you can vape it at any setting you want.

10. StarsAndBars

StarsAndBars Ultra Member

Oh my. Maybe never. :blink:

11. tj99959

tj99959 ECF Guru

Can't be done .... impossible! Your 0.3 ohm coil will be pulling that 4.2v from a fresh batter down to about 3.6-3.5v under that load.

My question is why do you want to do that anymore when you can get the same vape from a 2 ohm micro coil (~2 amps instead of 12 amps)

Air flow.

12. dr g

dr g Vaping Master

No way you are going to get the "same vape" from 8 watts.

In the specific case it's more an issue of juice feeding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.