Status
Not open for further replies.

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
Found this little gem at home depot, was around $7.50. Its labeled as a saddle valve, I had to ask a couple employees to find it after showing them what purpose it needed to serve.

Fairly self explanatory, slide the carto into the slot to where you need it and screw down that top part. This is how far the needle can extend into the carto

It works quite well. Doesnt create too big of a dent in the carto and makes a resounding "click" when it pierces the metal. I turn the needle a little further to make the hole just right after hearing the click and what's done is done. Readily available, cheap, easy and effective.

I believe these are floating around the forums right now which is great! Another idea I've seen is drilling a hole into a 2x4 the exact diameter of the carto, then dropping in a screw perpendicular to the hole which would effectively punch the carto. This was my original mission but I couldn't acquire and scrap wood from the hardware store (fancy that)

Ultra-X

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
Memphis, TN, USA
yes, saddle valve. probably came in your refrigerator water/ice maker line kit (if you had to purchase one).
GREAT IDEA ... cuz i got one sitting around and waiting on my sigelei Legend ... and probably going to try cartotanks.
saves me some money!

:banana:

i likey.

Happy vaping / Be Healthy / Happy Holidays.

Found this little gem at home depot, was around $7.50. Its labeled as a saddle valve, I had to ask a couple employees to find it after showing them what purpose it needed to serve.

Fairly self explanatory, slide the carto into the slot to where you need it and screw down that top part. This is how far the needle can extend into the carto

It works quite well. Doesnt create too big of a dent in the carto and makes a resounding "click" when it pierces the metal. I turn the needle a little further to make the hole just right after hearing the click and what's done is done. Readily available, cheap, easy and effective.

I believe these are floating around the forums right now which is great! Another idea I've seen is drilling a hole into a 2x4 the exact diameter of the carto, then dropping in a screw perpendicular to the hole which would effectively punch the carto. This was my original mission but I couldn't acquire and scrap wood from the hardware store (fancy that)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread