Hong Kong. Has banned all exportation of E.Cigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2009
Birmingham UK
found this on the totally wicked forum OMG......... what next ? :shock:
pillbox38
Administrator

Hong Kong. Has banned all exportation of E.Cigs.
« on: Today at 10:27:51 am »
Last week i was informed that the Honk Kong government had banned all exportation of e cigs and fluids. In effect throttling the supply worldwide. Up till now i thought that this was a gesture they would not follow up with any commitment.

All 3 of my suppliers are having their goods returned to them. We are currently trying to find new ways to import the goods but i think it might be fair to expect a drying up of Supplies in the short term.

I believe that tobacco companies and world government pressure is being exerted on HK to do this. In effect, if the distribution of Electronic Cigarettes and Nicotine cartridges and fluid is choked at its exit point..IE Hong Kong then we have no product..

OutWest

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Oklahoma USA
www.alternasmokes.com
Oh hell!! So, in an effort to protect people from the dangers of nicotine, theyre forcing people to return to smoking cigarettes and dying from lung cancer? Sounds to me like big tobacco paid off someone.

I feel sick. :cry: Does EVERYTHING e-cig related go through Hong Kong?
Sadly, as far as I know, yes.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Who said banning these would be difficult? This is how you do it, government to government (the U.S. FDA says these are illegal to sell or market). Hello, Hong Kong, this is U.S. Customs ... lots of illegal stuff leaving your ports and it's gotta stop ...

When product dries up, it's game over. And that's the route taken. Cut off supply. Watch prices of available items rise until they are exhausted.

Then introduce an approved alternative, like Philip Morris' Aria or Big Pharma's improved inhaler.

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
Who said banning these would be difficult? This is how you do it, government to government (the U.S. FDA says these are illegal to sell or market). Hello, Hong Kong, this is U.S. Customs ... lots of illegal stuff leaving your ports and it's gotta stop ...

When product dries up, it's game over. And that's the route taken. Cut off supply. Watch prices of available items rise until they are exhausted.

Then introduce an approved alternative, like Philip Morris' Aria or Big Pharma's improved inhaler.

.......s!!!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread