Hoping to quit smoking cigarettes LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteyPark

Jun 1, 2015
Been vapping pretty casually for awhile. Almost "accidently" quit smoking cigs with a disposable pen I had at one point, and honestly, would love to ACTUALLY quit, with a decent 'BoxMod', or whatever. So, my buddy let me borrow his 'Itaste MVP 1.0", and I'm in love. Hoping this lil guy is just what I needed to help me kick this monkey off my back! Wish me luck, Boyz!

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Welcome Petey! +1 what WindyCityJoe says. If you *want* to quit, you can....

Having a decent mod and topper and juice works wonders. I finally pulled it off about 15 months ago. I dabbled with cigalikes back in 2010, but it wasn't until I got a longer-lasting battery and better flavored juices before I could finally say enough is enough!

This chica wishes you the best!

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
It does not happen accidentally. I quit with 808 cigalikes. Did not really set out to quit but I saw it could work. 5 months cig free now and moved up to Egos and Evods.
Down to 5-6 mg nic and not desperately vaping at lunch and such now. Think I might make it. I do like vaping though.
Tootling along on some DIY watermelon right now.

PeteyPark

Jun 1, 2015
Thanks for all the luck, friends! I really appreciate it!

@caferacer Atm Im using a pretty standard Tsunami tank, actually. Not very pleased with it. I poseted another thread asking for help on a better suited tank actually, any advice?

@Robert Cromwell Acutally, I had mindlessly quit smoking cigarettes for a good month at one point. Mostly because we decided we were going to quit smoking in the house, because of my sisters baby otw, and it was EXTREMELY cold out at the time. So I was forced to resport to vapping, which was surprisingly satisfying, but, utimately, the weather warmed, and the pen I had at the time broke at work. So, Hello again, Cigarettes, you old .....! :D Anyways, so technically, I accidently quit for a brief spell, yes.

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
I can only speak for me but I have been smoking pack a day for 40 years . I quit 3 months ago -started vaping six weeks before I quit. I had absolutely no desire to quit no will power no effort and no intention even I just found that Each day I vaped more than I smoked and by about six weeks I could barely smoke a whole cigarette they were hot they tasted nasty -vaping was nice root beer was tasty . I am sure everyone is different find what works for you and before long you will be vaping not smoking

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
The Nautilus Mini is usually the tank I recommend for people who are upgrading from cigalikes or pen vapes. It's produces great flavor and definitely more vapor than the devices you've been using.

If you're like most of us here, you'll probably want to upgrade from the Nautilus at some point in the future, but it's a great starter tank for people who are new to VV/VW devices, IMO.

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
I guess I should specify, since this is a bit misleading. the e-juice I was using at the time had the most nicotine possible, LOL. So, I was still getting my 'fix'.
okay this is good I suspect with vaping you might want 12 mg per ml or maybe 18 mg per ml it is my understanding that vaping with a reasonable battery and tank provides for nicotine better than disposable however I cannot say for sure as I have not used the disposables if you want to stop smoking I suspect you will need nicotine the nice thing about vaping is you can lower your nic, sometimes I will vape 18 mg per ml and sometimes 12 mg per ml but peteypark I know myself well and if I told myself I couldn't/shouldn't smoke I'd probably light up a carton there is a way that is right for you and you will find it

Reactions: PeteyPark

tvapernow

May 25, 2015
Been vapping pretty casually for awhile. Almost "accidently" quit smoking cigs with a disposable pen I had at one point, and honestly, would love to ACTUALLY quit, with a decent 'BoxMod', or whatever. So, my buddy let me borrow his 'Itaste MVP 1.0", and I'm in love. Hoping this lil guy is just what I needed to help me kick this monkey off my back! Wish me luck, Boyz!
I was one who smoked 1 to 2 PAD for 40+ years. I was able to quit without a lot of pain with withdrawals when I started vaping. I used 24mg juice as for me it really helped.
Good luck and welcome to the forums

Reactions: PeteyPark

Reddman6988

May 19, 2015
I went from PAD and quit cold turkey over 6 years ago but occasionally had one or two but continued with a cigar a day or continually smoking a pipe. Moved to FL three weeks ago and found myself in a hotel room without smoking & going outside for my daily cigar or pipe smoking session was hot & uncomfortable. Saw everyone in this area vaping & I've always been on the cutting edge of things & it had been quite awhile since I looked into vaping (few years ago tried a few cigalikes).

Made a b line for the closest vape shop & was sold a ego batt along with a cheap clearomizer moved up the next day to a bigger ego twist & bottom cool clearomizer. A few days after a eleaf 30w with an aspire tank & a few days after that a Nautilus Mini. Very happy with my current setup and since that first day haven't had any urge to actually smoke, just trying to find the right EDV with a lower nic value since my setup is better & am getting headaches from 12MG juice. To think just about two weeks ago I was vaping on 24MG and not thinking it was enough. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread