How long do NJOY cartridges really last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuietDave

Jun 16, 2008
Scotland, UK
Hi. I've been reading the posts on here for a while, and have been quite excited about getting into e-smoking (atomised PG inhalation aside!).

I managed to obtain a mini e-cigarette, unbranded, but I believe it is one of the ones they are selling in China Whites in London.

It looks like the DSE-102 and DSE-103 in pictures, but I'm still not sure exactly what one it is, or if it's something else.

I am hoping to get an njoy, but I was just looking at the price of 20 Euros for 5 cartridges and wondering if it really is cheaper than cigarettes?

The e-... I already have came only with non-nicotine cartridges and I have been unable to find the right nicotine cartridges on sale, however I bought some almost right ones from ebay. They don't quite fit over the end, so are obviously for a different size of e-cigarette (I suspect DSE-901 / DSE-101, looking at the post about the Truth about Mini Cigs), but I have been taking the actual cartridge out of the mouthpiece and putting it into the mouthpiece that came with the one I have. It seems to work, although one cartridge isn't even lasting a day, and I'm not really using it that much.
I feel like I'm getting about the equivalent of 4 cigarettes at the most out of the cartridge, which isn't the 40 cigarettes they say one cartridge is equivalent to!

Do the njoy cartridges last any longer?

Or am I just having this problem as I'm not using the right cartridges?

I'm just trying to calculate how many packets of cigarettes I will actually replace with 5 cartridges for 20 Euros.

Thanks for any input!

David

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
hello david.yeah,cartridges dont last very long for the mini cigs unfortunately,id say approximately 5 cigs worth is about average,dont listen to this 1 pack of fags per cartridge rubbish.from an njoy sized cartridge you get maybe roughly 10 cigs worth of decent vapour,i find.njoy cartridges are a rip off.now,i think you are in the uk by the way you write,so im gonna give you some good advice,and recommend a great supplier of good ecigs in the uk for you.his name is pillbox38,he sells on ebay,and he has good products and service at a very reasonable price.you can get an njoy style e-cig from him-its just as good,but much cheaper and the cartridges are way cheaper too-plus hes in the uk,so you get stuff within a day or 2.i and many of the forum members from the uk can vouch for him.hope this helps. :)

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
yep... in the UK go for pillbox.. the real UK rip off is the prezzybox gamucci carts at seven quid for five.. but even at that it would equal UK rip off cig prices..

buy some spare pillbox atomizers they are about a fiver.. his batteries are about 8 quid.. spares are needed..

trog

ps.. he will do u a single postage bundle if u avoid ebay and his ebay charges..

QuietDave

Jun 16, 2008
Scotland, UK
Thanks for the advice!

I am in the UK indeed, well spotted.

pillbox38 is actually the seller I got those cartridges from before. They were sold as 25 menthol cartridges for Super Electronic Cigarette, which was just the closest e-cigarette in looks to the one I have that I could find anybody selling cartridges for.

What with the cartridges not lasting long, and also not tasting of menthol, I wasn't too impressed, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that, especially as they aren't even for the e-cig I have, and I'll look into his other models.

I take it the "Electronic Cigarette" is the one I want, the big penstyle one for 40 quid with 50 cartridges. Sounds like a good price.

As an aside by the way, I tried squeezing the liquid out of one of the cartridges to try dripping. I could only really get a few drops out of a full cartridge, but a couple of them on the atomizer seemed to work a treat! Cheers others for the tips on that too! Not sure how long that will last, but it certainly gives a better smoke!

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
a pen style cart holds about one ml of liquid max.. a mini half that.. the size dosnt really matter u if buy liquid and refill.. if u dont it matters a lot..

using carts at least 30% will be wasted and stay in the cart.. not all carts are full they vary a bit.. its cheaper to squeeze out the liquid and drip the carts than it is to simple use them.. less wastage its cheaper still to buy liquid..

trog

ps.. put the wet wool (several carts worth) into a big syringe and squeeze like hell..

QuietDave

Jun 16, 2008
Scotland, UK
Thanks for the answers here by the way. I think I bought into the marketing and
assumed that there must be something better about the pen style ones as they
are the kinds you get from the big names like Sedansa, NJOY, etc.

I couldn't understand why there were so many mini's from cheap sellers but the ones
that were getting all the good press didn't even look like cigarettes. Sounds like it's
purely that they last longer before you have to change the cartridges?

In other words, if I am dripping then I'm better just sticking with a cheap mini than a 80 quid
fancy looking kissbox classic?

(Feel free to jump in and defend the more expensive ones if you know of any reason they are better
other than higher capacity!)

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
I think that for being able to take a weighted decision, you would also maybe want to take another aspect into consideration: the looks... the pen-models don't look like the real tobacco-cigs. And while that is, understandably, a turn-off when just starting on the e-smoking road - lots of people soon after tend to find that the pen-models make the possibility to use the device in more places a lot bigger precisely because of it nót looking like a real cig. Which then wins those users over to look again at that pen-style... and perhaps go for that for this reason alone allready.

So if you want to use your cig in as many different places as you can... then it might be good to certainly take this factor along when making your decision about which way to go?

QuietDave

Jun 16, 2008
Scotland, UK
Thanks, good point.

I think I'll probably try a few different ones anyway. Going to get someone one for their birthday, just trying to work out what is likely to work best for them just now.

It sounds like they are all so unreliable that you need to get multiple ones though, going by posts on here!

My free unbranded one still going strong though, and now I'm dripping it works really well. It's also one of the only ones that really looks like a cigarette. Most of the minis seem to look kind of like cigarettes but with extra bands round them.
I hope it lasts as I have no idea where to get a spare atomizer for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread