• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

How spreading the word bit me on the bottom !

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtrapnel

Oct 25, 2013
Ipswich, UK
Like many here, I'm now a complete evangelist for e-cigs. However, this comes at a cost !

I sourced my first two e-cigs (iTaste v 3) from the UK, for me and my girlfriend. I then ordered a spare from fairy-gift; when it arrived, my friend has it on my recommendation; so I order another spare...it arrives, it then goes straight to another friend...I then order another 2, which are still in the post...so when my iTaste breaks, I am left without !

However the good news is that I look around, and find that thesmoking.co.uk are doing a rather nice deal on the eVic - £60 instead of the usual ton. So, I'll have some of that, and I have to say although I was a bit suspicious, as is my way, of a new company with no phone number, they came good and the unit arrived on Saturday (ordered after 4pm on Thursday, I paid extra for 1st class delivery).

So, although I was left e-...-less for 48 hours (which meant having a couple of analogs, yeuch yeuch) I've now got a lovely eVic which I would really recommend for anyone wanting a "step up" without going the whole hog and getting a ProVari. Goodness it's great to have a device which feels a bit heavier and most importantly, lots of battery life and also (for the techie geeks amongst us) lots of functionality which I've barely looked at.

No idea how long thesmoking are going to carry on selling at that price, but I'm trying to persuade my girlfriend that she'd benefit from getting an eVic for herself, it's obviously larger and weighter than the iTaste but as every iTaste I've bought has now had the end become parted from the body and need re-gluing, plus of course no replacement battery capability and 800mAh as opposed to 2600mAh I'd recommend spending that little bit more and getting an eVic...

Manicmama

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2013
Tiverton, Devon, England
Personally for me I'd have to say a Vamo V2 is the one for me, it ain't the prettiest and it ain't the smallest (in 18350 mode it's similar size to a mini zmax telescopic with an 18650 battery in!) BUT it is super simple to use, takes any topper I've ever tried on it, has withstood many drops from various heights onto carpet, vinyl, wood and once pavement! I thought I would only ever use at home cos of its size, but I take it EVERYWHERE with me. These days I only use 18650's in it too. I LOVE it's bigness and heaviness, I love the attention it attracts, I love that it has never failed me and just does what I want it to!
I got a mini zmax after having the vamo for a couple of months because I wanted something pink and more discreet, I barely used the zmax, missed the solid weightiness of the vamo and it's simple menu. This old Vamo's getting blinged up as will the other Vamo on it's way to me. It's the only regulated mod I want, I fancied a provari, an MVP, anything pink but came to the conclusion that for the price of a Vamo, it's reliability, sturdiness, compatibility with different toppers and functionality, it just ain't worth it, can't justify spending lots more on something that will do the same functions that my Vamo performs for me.
We're all different, some folk like discreet, some folk like to play around with the menu, some folk like a different mod for everyday of the week.
Me, I love my Vamo and it's this and mechanicals only for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
That's the beauty of the vape world so many devices to please us. I have the iTaste vv3 and the MVP 2 after fiddling with the idea of wanting an SVD. I finally just gave up and decided I didn't want to mess with the extra batteries and charger so I stuck with the internal ones. I don't regret it. With that being said when I do choose to get a mod with external batteries my next choice will be the Provari and my reason for it is because of its warranty. Warranties are important to me, especially if I'm dropping that much cash on everything that is needed. From what I understand I'll get my money's worth. Kudo's to you for finding what you love, I hope to do the same. Happy Vaping :vapor:

baly

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2013
United Kingdom
Personally for me I'd have to say a Vamo V2 is the one for me, it ain't the prettiest and it ain't the smallest (in 18350 mode it's similar size to a mini zmax telescopic with an 18650 battery in!) BUT it is super simple to use, takes any topper I've ever tried on it, has withstood many drops from various heights onto carpet, vinyl, wood and once pavement! I thought I would only ever use at home cos of its size, but I take it EVERYWHERE with me. These days I only use 18650's in it too. I LOVE it's bigness and heaviness, I love the attention it attracts, I love that it has never failed me and just does what I want it to!
I got a mini zmax after having the vamo for a couple of months because I wanted something pink and more discreet, I barely used the zmax, missed the solid weightiness of the vamo and it's simple menu. This old Vamo's getting blinged up as will the other Vamo on it's way to me. It's the only regulated mod I want, I fancied a provari, an MVP, anything pink but came to the conclusion that for the price of a Vamo, it's reliability, sturdiness, compatibility with different toppers and functionality, it just ain't worth it, can't justify spending lots more on something that will do the same functions that my Vamo performs for me.
We're all different, some folk like discreet, some folk like to play around with the menu, some folk like a different mod for everyday of the week.
Me, I love my Vamo and it's this and mechanicals only for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree , my vamo v2, is my work horse, its tough, does the job, and I know carry it with me everywhere. I might engrave the Bugger just to make it look unique.

Its the ronseal of the ecig world.

gingersnaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
everywhere
As a girl who owns an evic, you get used to the weight. I love my evic but have vamo on my current wish list after seeing a pbusardo chart of how well it performs.
Don't get me wrong i love my evic but for the price vamo might be an idea. Maybe even get the vamo for you and give her the evic. The vamo is a bit heavier if i recall from the last time i visited it at my local shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread