How to achieve the best flavour...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaston_UK

Jul 20, 2015
Hello all

New to the forum, I don't have too many vaping friends so would be good to hear some opinions/ideas from some vape heads

Using a Kanger subox with the new Kanger Subtank mini v2 right now, and making use of the re-buildable coil...which after a few attempts, is working our really well! The clouds are great, airflow is great, battery life is great... but I just feel like i could be getting a better flavour, it's never bad, burnt or dry... but its never like WOW ya know? I'm re-building the coil every week or so, so it's pretty fresh all the time.

I use high quality (bloody expensive!) liquids, low nicotine, 1.2ohm wire on the rda deck, usually around 20w.

I can't tell what volts this Kanger battery is running at (or can I? Someone correct me if i'm wrong!) but I'm guessing it starts fairly high and goes down with the battery?

Anyone have any tips too maximise the flavour from your vapes on a similar set-up to mine?? (or even a good link to a forum discussion here on this vast expensive land of vape discussion!)

Thanks!

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
There are so many things that play a part in getting flavor. Amount of airflow, wattage particular juice and so on. Oh yeah, just because a juice is expensive doesn't make it good or flavorful. Some of MtBakers a great on flavor and there pretty inexpensive. I would experiment with the airflow and the wattage. Theres always a sweet spot in there somewhere.

vapo jam

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2013
county of orange, ca
well, don't want to cause you to go on a spending spree, but i'd possibly consider looking into a kayfun-style tank. don't get me wrong, subtank is a great tank, but i've also found the flavor in it to be a little bit muted. not really sure if it's the construction, airflow, or something else.

you definitely don't get the same clouds or airflow from a kayfun, though.

Utsuru

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2013
Arkansas, USA
Hello all

New to the forum, I don't have too many vaping friends so would be good to hear some opinions/ideas from some vape heads

Using a Kanger Subox with the new Kanger Subtank mini v2 right now, and making use of the re-buildable coil...which after a few attempts, is working our really well! The clouds are great, airflow is great, battery life is great... but I just feel like i could be getting a better flavour, it's never bad, burnt or dry... but its never like WOW ya know? I'm re-building the coil every week or so, so it's pretty fresh all the time.

I use high quality (bloody expensive!) liquids, low nicotine, 1.2ohm wire on the RDA deck, usually around 20w.

I can't tell what volts this Kanger battery is running at (or can I? Someone correct me if i'm wrong!) but I'm guessing it starts fairly high and goes down with the battery?

Anyone have any tips too maximise the flavour from your vapes on a similar set-up to mine?? (or even a good link to a forum discussion here on this vast expensive land of vape discussion!)

Thanks!

To maximize flavor, you'll have to look into an RDA. You trade off convenience for a little extra flavor. If it is worth it depends on your situation and preferences however.
I have both the Freakshow Mini and the Mutation X V4, both can be considered flavor-chasers and I would recommend them. The only downside with these is they have bottom airflow under the coils and somewhat shallow juice wells. As long as you are careful and don't overdo it on the dripping you're going to enjoy them. I hope this helped a little bit, feel free to ask questions. :thumb:

Kindwick

Verified Member
Jul 18, 2015
Rochester, MN
soundcloud.com
This is my second build EVER...2x28g kanthal twisted, dual center angled spaced coils in a Velocity RDA clone. Only the side slots (not the holes) open about half way, making sure airflow hits directly under the coils. Running any where from 45-60 watts and reads at 0.48 ohms. Flavor cloud blast! I am gonna toot my own horn here...I am pretty proud of this build, being it is my second one in my vaping career, which is pretty short.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread