Not open for further replies.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
In addition to the above...

Originally, a dedicated hybrid mech where there is no top 510 floating or telescopic pin cap. The atomizer, usually an rda or genesis, either screws directly into the tube, or may be part of the tube, and the battery loads from the bottom.

With the advent of "hybrid" type mech top caps (see 4Nine mod - or typically 20X1mm "conversion" caps), which allows the atomizer 510 to contact the battery directly... dedicated hybrids have been, of late, deeply discounted, and seem to be fairly rapidly going away.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Some hybrids are a mech mod with a built-in RBA. You are not able to replace the RBA on top, so if one of your RBA posts break off the entire mod is useless.

2106_0.png

carolineduff93

Jun 1, 2015
In addition to the above...

Originally, a dedicated hybrid mech where there is no top 510 floating or telescopic pin cap. The atomizer, usually an RDA or genesis, either screws directly into the tube, or may be part of the tube, and the battery loads from the bottom.

With the advent of "hybrid" type mech top caps (see 4Nine mod - or typically 20X1mm "conversion" caps), which allows the atomizer 510 to contact the battery directly... dedicated hybrids have been, of late, deeply discounted, and seem to be fairly rapidly going away.
so are most hybrids drippers? or do they have tanks?

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
You can do either. Since they are mech type mod and no control over voltage or wattage in the mod you must construct your coil in such a way as to control the wattage. The voltage is just straight battery voltage which will drop as the battery drains but will maintain about 3.7 volts during most of it's discharge cycle.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
The hybrids that I have seen either have a rebuildable drip atomizer or Genesis-style rebuildable tank atomoizer.

Of course, you're stuck with whatever the manufacturer makes on top.
Several hybrid style mods will accept standard 510 threaded devices. The true hybrids will not. The hybrid style ones are the ones usually blowing up because the 510 pin does not stick out far enough on the device you attach to them.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
so are most hybrids drippers? or do they have tanks?
There are a couple of tanks with hybrid threading. Not many. Usually 20x1 threaded to fit a variety of mods, the gp heron is one of the nicest

Sub tanks and box mods have sort of killed popularity of just about anything else these days. But they still sell well
download-4.jpg
images-t4.jpg

Last edited:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
View attachment 461221 View attachment 461222 View attachment 461223

I also own hybrid drippers.
View attachment 461224
View attachment 461225
View attachment 461226

Don't know why the direct connection mods are called hybrids, they have very little in common with real hybrids

I dunno, maybe because the atomizer pin sits directly on the battery? Some mods also offer discs that fin in where the hybrid atomizer goes to hold a standard 510 threaded device, and some are made that way.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I dunno, maybe because the atomizer pin sits directly on the battery? Some mods also offer discs that fin in where the hybrid atomizer goes to hold a standard 510 threaded device, and some are made that way.
I still believe the small surface area of the 510 is inefficient compared to a hybrid threaded atomizer

And the one off types Bad is referring to can be seen on 310vapers. One single unit you cannot change but many companies don't do this anymore so you can use any mod with same threading

Even though the most popular is genesis tanks they can easily be set up with soft wicks/cotton as well

Last edited:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Agreed I was hoping the new provari connection would gain more traction, it provides a lot of surface area

yeah and I saw another new standard as well, I forget who had it though and they are bowing to pressure and making their tank in a 510 connection now. A new standard with available 510 adapters is badly needed. Use the adapters till the old tanks and such die off.
New tanks for the new connector could come with adapters for a while until the old high wattage 510 stuff dies off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread