• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I feel very sad for what's happening in the vaping scene here in the Philippines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

markmarkmrk

Jul 26, 2012
Muntinlupa
Shop owners/shop agents pushing people to buy expensive mods.
Online sellers pushing people to buy vaporizers that make plumes of smoke.
And these so called "veteran" vapers that show other people their mods almost telling them "here's my f expensive greece made mod, in yo f faceeeee, you're not cool if you don't have thissss!"

Jeez guys, we live in the f Philippines. This is not a rich country! This vaping scene moves too f fast that other people (i'm referring to people who still smoke) don't even think of vaping as an alternative to smoking because it's too darn expensive!

It's like we stopped encouraging people to buy electronic cigarettes by sticking with starter kits (because YOU, yes you people working in brick and mortar shops, "veteran vapers", online sellers) and telling them to buy full mechanical mods with this speech: "because in the end sir, you will buy this and your starter kit will be useless". Why do you tell people that??

We are already having a hard time to stop smoking because it's very cheap compared to e-cigs. 1 stick of cigarette costs 2 philippine pesos and a pack of marlboro is around $2. Yes 2 dollars only. (for foreign people reading this) And you guys push them to upgrade.

A simple ego twist with a kanger evod is already enough for you to stop smoking! Why do you have to tell them to upgrade or buy expensive mods??? Can you people stop being so f greedy and start helping???? You're not fixing the main problem it's just like making a temporary fix... :(

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
    It's been almost 35 years since I was in PI but if I were you I would make a small investment in vape gear and go into the vape biz start small if you treat people right they will come back for more and might bring friends.just remember when you make some money reinvest in more stuff and before you know it you to might just have a small BM.

polpol

ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2013
    Manila
    Totally agree. I have a phantom. It cost me about $60. I figure it's just a tube with end caps, and 2 tiny pieces of copper. I should've started with a cheaper mech mod which should in theory give me the same experience.

The juices have to be much much cheaper as well. Most have an srp of 250($6). If you vape around 6 or 7ml a day, that's double the price of cigarettes at a pack a day. Which is why I would suggest demon vape, bamski, and these other small time juice manufacturers to new vapers. For people with a little time and patience, diy is the way to go. 10ml of juice costs less than 40($1) to make.

If you have the money though, go for it. I'm glad some people think Philippine made mods are good. :) I just remembered how nice some of these mods looked. But for the majority of smokers, there should definitely be better options.

Sent from my SC-03E using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:

TheRem

ECF Veteran
    Mar 3, 2012
    Philippines
    But there are cheaper Pinoy mods that are available... the FDB is 1500Php, Alberto's is at 1300Php

This RSF mini is only 900Php (the cheapest so far), but it's only available in Batangas City as of this moment. ;)

931201_138474066344170_1308012167_n.png

ChicagoGuy

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 8, 2013
    Philippines via Chicago
    There is a difference between vapers who vape just to stay off the analogs and the vapers who are or become hobbyists. There are plenty of options for budget vapers. You can get an all China setup for around 1k-1.5k and blow plumes. I know a few vapers who have twists and for them they work to keep them off analogs, so they don't even bother dropping big money to upgrade.

As far as vape shops encouraging clients to buy expensive mods...that is expected, since the profits are higher. I know quite a few shop owners and these guys are not really advocates (a lot of them still smoke analogs), so they are basically in the business for the money.

The vape scene here is definitely not a cheaper alternative like it is back in the states and other parts of the world where analogs are expensive. I have probably spent 5-6 times more since I started vaping here, but in the end my health is worth the extra spending. My kids and wife no longer complain of the odor and it will hopefully keep me around longer for them also. I admit that I have turned into a hobbyist along the way, but I enjoy it and it is better than some of the other vices I used to spend my money on. Thing is if I were in a position where I couldn't afford to collect and purchase all the "new" gear, I would be good with a twist and a simple RBA. Too many vapers here that worry about what others think so they feel the need to go out and get the best gear just to keep up with the trends.

There is a good and bad effect on the growing number of vapers here also. It's good that more and more people are choosing the healthier alternative but on the flip side I have noticed more and more vapers who have no etiquette in public. Blowing plumes of vapor in public malls is not cool. Even though it may be allowed to vape in some of these places it can sometimes be offensive to non vapers. Shops/sellers here need to educate some of these new vapers that even though it may be allowed in certain places, a little respect should be given. If possible, I try not to vape anywhere smoking is not allowed...if I really need a nic fix, I at least stealth. I was in the mall the other day and this kid was just chain vaping plumes :facepalm: Another downside to the growing number of vapers is now the government has taken notice. They see the popularity and the possible extra revenue. Juice and gear is expensive enough as is, I hope the government will leave us alone for a while longer.

polpol

ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2013
    Manila
    Your probably looking at the imports. Of course they are expensive. But as far as you considering them as alternatives to analogs, vapes need an initial investment. You get out what you put in. Thats the monetary aspect of it. Now health-wise, it produces a less of a health-threat.

Imports? There are a lot of high quality(read: expensive)pinoy mods.

I did just hit my break even point. :D:thumbup::beer::p but that was a hard 4 months of only getting diy supplies and wick& wire.

tapatalk4beta

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread