I hate my Protank 3. Suggestions wanted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

proxion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2014
NB, Canada
Hey ECF,

My Kangertech Protank 3 sucks. I keep trying to like it, but every time it starts to puff nicely, I get a fricken' pop sound coming from the atomizer and (sometimes) hot liquid shoots through the drip tip into my mouth, or I'll feel the pop on my lips. Doesn't matter what battery I put it on, it just seems to like popping. I'll sometimes notice a few drops of liquid on the center pin of my battery when I remove the tank. It doesn't leak into my pockets or anything, it's just seems to come out from the bottom. I tried four coils so far, with all the same result. My iClear 16D's do not do this, the battery contact is always nice and clean.

I tried it at all voltages on both my Vision Spinner II and iTaste CLK. Same results. :(

I mean, a little crackle and hissing is a good sign, but this is sooo annoying me...

edit - shoot! this should be in clearomizers forum - I was so frustrated after getting my lips burned that I just rushed into posting... sorry!

Last edited:

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
Hey ECF,

My Kangertech Protank 3 sucks. I keep trying to like it, but every time it starts to puff nicely, I get a fricken' pop sound coming from the atomizer and (sometimes) hot liquid shoots through the drip tip into my mouth, or I'll feel the pop on my lips. Doesn't matter what battery I put it on, it just seems to like popping. I'll sometimes notice a few drops of liquid on the center pin of my battery when I remove the tank. It doesn't leak into my pockets or anything, it's just seems to come out from the bottom. I tried four coils so far, with all the same result. My iClear 16D's do not do this, the battery contact is always nice and clean.

I tried it at all voltages on both my Vision Spinner II and iTaste CLK. Same results. :(

I mean, a little crackle and hissing is a good sign, but this is sooo annoying me...
Hi
Usually high PG in my juice made all my ProTanks crack like you describe..
Being not too happy with the ProTank anyway I solved the crackle problem by moving to the Kayfun lite and also prefer a 70/30 VG/PG mix in my juice now instead of the 50/50...not much, if any, snap, crackle and pop anymore. Lol. Hope this helps

from Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

proxion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2014
NB, Canada
Hi
Usually high PG in my juice made all my ProTanks crack like you describe..
Being not too happy with the ProTank anyway I solved the crackle problem by moving to the Kayfun lite and also prefer a 70/30 VG/PG mix in my juice now instead of the 50/50...not much, if any, snap, crackle and pop anymore. Lol. Hope this helps

Thank you smacksy. I just feel like I wasted a bunch of money buying the PT3 (which apparently "was very high rated", retailer's word). I have an Aspire ET-S on the way, but these things are not cheap in Canada, I wish I could somehow salvage my PT3 and make it tolerable...

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
Your welcome proxion..my learning curve started with the spinner/mini ProTank and progressed to the provari/kayfuns in the pic..I also got a mech mod that I truly enjoy dripping with..(center in the pic)..it will get better as you too progress in your learning curve. Best wishes with your vaping future from El Cajon CA!
26c0b1cd111e47c5712617655697067f.jpg

ForeverDiving

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Uruapan, Michoacan, Mexico.
Like smacksy said, get a Kayfun Lite plus (2nd version). If your budget is tight, buy it from FastTech and wait the 3~5 weeks it will take in transit. When I started I used to swear by the Aerotank and the Nautilus. Since I got my first Kayfun clone (a 3.1 type) they went to the cupboard until I gave them away.

proxion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2014
NB, Canada
Like smacksy said, get a Kayfun Lite plus (2nd version). If your budget is tight, buy it from FastTech and wait the 3~5 weeks it will take in transit. When I started I used to swear by the Aerotank and the Nautilus. Since I got my first Kayfun clone (a 3.1 type) they went to the cupboard until I gave them away.
I will look into using Fasttech. It's not about the budget being tight (well, it is...) but the price they sell these things for over here is way more than what they're worth. Thank you guys for your suggestions :) so, I guess there is nothing I can do - not even add some extra wick or something to the PT3 coil...

[Oh, by the way, thanks DreamWithin, I'm so sorry for your time!]

Last edited:

Anarchy84

Jun 4, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
Hey ECF,

edit - shoot! this should be in clearomizers forum - I was so frustrated after getting my lips burned that I just rushed into posting... sorry!

I highly recommend the Aspire Nautilus Mini with BVC coils. I used carto-tanks for a year and dealt with having to clean my 510 connection weekly due to juice drops baking onto my Provari's center pin. Since switching to the Nautilus Mini I haven't cleaned my contacts once. They're spotless.

The Nautilus Mini is easy to fill / clean, and it provides great vapor and flavor. There's no flooding / dripping / hot juice in your mouth issues (at least not in my experience, YMMV). The stainless steel tank sleeve is a great accessory, also.

anarchy84-albums-pics-picture378275-img-20141002-131718-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread