Status
Not open for further replies.

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
Here's the deal.

I've been vaping single cell mech tube mods with Gennies and RDA's for years. Rolling my own and quite comfortable with basic circuit theory, battery safety, and building coils and wicks.

With the prospect of longer vaping time and current headspace, multi cell box mechs are looking good to me. Currently, I seldom vape below ~0.4 ohms, and use only good, authentic batteries (VTC5's for 18650's).

I'm open to two or three cell 18650 box mods or two cell 26650 box mods. Parallel boxes only. Quality and safety (frequently one is proportionate to the other) are top priorities. Simplicity, good contacts, and a good switch are also important to me.

I'm neither a cheapskate nor a vape snob. I've had pretty gamey $500 authentic mods (and some incredible ones), and pretty fantastic $15 clones (and some really bad ones), so authentic or clone are secondary considerations. Price does not always equate to quality.

So, with that selection criteria in mind, thrill me...

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Reactions: Bad Ninja

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Check out Cigreen Bigfoot, fully mechanical dual parallel 18650, spring loaded 510, silver plated positive contacts, silver plated 510 assembly and switch internals. I actually might pick one up.

This is not going to be easy, three solid contenders thus far...

TonyB66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
London, UK
It's as cheap as you can get - Tesla Invader II parallel box mod with Mosfets to protect the switch. Dual 18650. Got one from Fastech and it's been great and cost next to nothing. Just works and is relatively safe. Quite big in your hand but it's not going to slip.

C2274F8B-B37F-4A49-AB8D-6283149692FD_zpsoxhurhpz.jpg

Reactions: entropy1049

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Why not a 26650 mech?

Eric

Merely capacity greed :)

But the safety factor may well be worth the trade off in mAh...

Speaking of safety, something just occurred to me...do all of these mechanical switch box mods have batteries touching both pos and neg contacts continuously and rely on a chassis grounded switch to contact and fire the atty?

Reactions: Eric Auer

Eric Auer

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2014
PA
Reactions: entropy1049

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Funny, I got my brother in law vaping and off ciggies. He stayed up with the technology, I stayed with my gennies and mech tubes. He's recommending the Militia Mods box:

http://www.militiamods.com/store/p39/Unregulated_Box_Mod_Parallel_Or_Series_18650.html

Initially I balked at MOSFET and wanted to stay purely mech. The more I read though, the more it makes sense. I do yell at kids to get off my damn lawn, but try not to adopt a "change is bad" philosophy about new things without giving them fair consideration.

Thoughts?

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Funny, I got my brother in law vaping and off ciggies. He stayed up with the technology, I stayed with my gennies and mech tubes. He's recommending the Militia Mods box:

http://www.militiamods.com/store/p39/Unregulated_Box_Mod_Parallel_Or_Series_18650.html

Initially I balked at MOSFET and wanted to stay purely mech. The more I read though, the more it makes sense. I do yell at kids to get off my damn lawn, but try not to adopt a "change is bad" philosophy about new things without giving them fair consideration.

Thoughts?

MOSFETs are used when the switch can't handle the load.

Full mechs have switches that can hand the load.

I don't see the upside to using a MOSFET to make up for an inferior switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread