I Screwed Up Today and Bought Cigarettes After A Week Off Them :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richieboy

Jun 27, 2013
Vapeland
Had stress from my boss this afternoon and was worried I might lose my income and basically everything I have been working for, I got stressed and ran to the shop and bought cigarettes because my e-cig just didn't feel like it would subside this stress I was feeling...

I immediately have the nasty taste re-introduced after my taste buds recovering... I don't know what to do now because my boss responded and it seems I still have my job and things will probably be OK...now I have a box of 15 cigarettes left

Ive been having battery issues with my Ego as well, it didn't seem to be holding its charge long, I don't know if it is because I bought my e-cig cheap off the street stalls or what but the first 2 batteries I bought seemed to screw up and then I bought too more which 1 worked and the other one I think the connector is loose because its temperamental.

I don't know what to do now because Im still a bit stressed and my job does come with uncertain patches, the cigarettes taste disgusting and I dunno what to do....:(:(:unsure:

vrodder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
East Central Alabama
Hang in there, Dude. Sometimes that happens. Don't get too stressed about a few smokes. Consider the ones you DIDN'T smoke so far. Don't know if you have any B&M's near you. If you do, get you a reliable battery & continue on. It may also be a good idea to keep some stronger juice around for times like this. Keep us posted on how you're doing. You'll get a lot of support from the folks here. I know I'll be watching your thread here.

VAPE ON !!! :vapor:

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Easy to fall of the horse, just climb back on. Celebrate keeping your job by ordering a new kit, topper and/or juice. I like to have the extra strength nic juice around for these situations, and then drop the level when you guys give me he** for some wacky post, or something. Anyway, this is just another step in your Journey, and not the end of the world, as Brock mentioned. Beat it, and have a great story to share with the Noob's! You took the first step by addressing your concerns and sharing with us. Now take the next step. YOU CAN DO IT! Good luck to you.

Richieboy

Jun 27, 2013
Vapeland
Thanks for the support friend, funny thing is Im back on my e-cig now...yes I will try and get some more batteries next time I'm out...the one I have seems to be holding its charge again now..

I just said to my girlfriend I should probably through away the 15 cigarettes I just had left, you reaffirmed my thoughts, its nice to have this forum here for support. I just thought if the big stress comes along again and I have couple of cigarettes its not the end, but the funny thing is I went straight back to my e-cig when the stress died down, I love my e-cig!

Its going to save me from smoking!

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
You know what? It happens!! You're more "normal" I think than the ones who "never look back" (check my sig). The point is to not give up, take it as it comes. When I had a similar situation, I just ended up smoking 2 cigs a day--and vaping the rest of the time. When my pack ran out, I didn't feel the need to buy any more and I've been smoke free with no issues so far (even a couple of stress triggers that would have sent me running to the store). As Brock said, it takes time but it does happen for most of us. :thumb:

Flat4

Apr 3, 2013
Jersey Shore
First off I wouldn't go beating yourself up over it. No need to induce added stress on top of what your already dealing with. Personally I try to look for the good, in the not so good situations. Just the fact that you are taking the purchase of cigs so seriously tells me that you have the resolve to beat the habit. Also now that you find the flavor of something I'm sure you enjoyed for a long time, to be off putting, tells me your definitely taking strides in the right direction.

It took me a few tries with the e-cigs before it finally stuck, keep with it, I have faith in you!

VikingQueen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2013
Minnesota
One of my favorite sayings: This too shall pass.

Stress sucks dog doo; sorry you have to go through it. :(

Regarding the pack of smokes: Not the end of the world. Don't treat it as such. I have three and a half cartons sitting in my freezer. I, too, have a crappy starter system (the batteries have MPD). Stick it out. Smoke a cig if you have to, but then get back on the vape train.

Best wishes to you!

S1LV3R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2009
Knoxville, TN
Im going to throw the 15 I have left away, cigs aren't expensive here and I'm going to take Bills advice and maybe buy some more e-cig supplies, thing is I buy all my stuff from street vendors because I don't know any good sites which deliver cheap to Thailand

Im thinking Fasttech might be up your alley. They have a crapload of stuff other than ecig but they are in asia and have everything ECIG you would need!!

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Im going to throw the 15 I have left away, cigs aren't expensive here and I'm going to take Bills advice and maybe buy some more e-cig supplies, thing is I buy all my stuff from street vendors because I don't know any good sites which deliver cheap to Thailand

Fasttech has worldwide free shipping and very reasonable prices:

3666 Electronic Cigarettes at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Good luck, so glad to hear you're back in the saddle! Vape On!

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
One of my favorite sayings: This too shall pass.

Stress sucks dog doo; sorry you have to go through it. :(

Regarding the pack of smokes: Not the end of the world. Don't treat it as such. I have three and a half cartons sitting in my freezer. I, too, have a crappy starter system (the batteries have MPD). Stick it out. Smoke a cig if you have to, but then get back on the vape train.

Best wishes to you!

I often say, "You Shall Not Pass," but that's just me.

sunnylei

Jun 29, 2013
USA
Have to agree with the advice here. If you're really wanting to commit to vaping over smoking you gotta build up your supplies and have good equipment. If batteries are giving you trouble, upgrade. Or even find a USB pass through type of battery that somebody had mentioned recently. And definitely look into a higher nicotine juice for those stressful times. something you can fall back to when you really need it. Best of luck!

Regarding finding a shipper, I don't know if it's ever been brought up here but I'm sure people are familiar with alibaba.com as a wholesaler but there is also ...........com, I haven't looked but maybe they could work out decent for international people buying direct from the manufacturer or direct for a sales agent. Just a thought. Anybody have any luck?

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Have to agree with the advice here. If you're really wanting to commit to vaping over smoking you gotta build up your supplies and have good equipment. If batteries are giving you trouble, upgrade. Or even find a USB pass through type of battery that somebody had mentioned recently. And definitely look into a higher nicotine juice for those stressful times. something you can fall back to when you really need it. Best of luck!

Regarding finding a shipper, I don't know if it's ever been brought up here but I'm sure people are familiar with alibaba.com as a wholesaler but there is also ...........com, I haven't looked but maybe they could work out decent for international people buying direct from the manufacturer or direct for a sales agent. Just a thought. Anybody have any luck?

Fasttech has free worldwide shipping at possibly the world's best prices:

3666 Electronic Cigarettes at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread